Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

To text or to call

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I probably already know the answer to this. Got a number yesterday.

I was planning on calling her tomorrow when I'm on my lunch break at work.

My sister told me I should text her and not call her because calling her would scare her. It's too 'direct' she said. It just sounded like stupid bullsh*t to me.

I f*cking hate texting because it's not personal (I want to hear a voice) and because it gives away control. If I send a message, it's up to her if she'll answer or not.

Of course, girls don't know sh*t about what girls want. But still, I'd like your opinions.

scribblec

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you seem to already know the answer to this question, all your doing by posting this thread is showing your a ***** :p, if your phone game is good then a phone call > text everytime. its much more personal then a random text

NewAndImproved

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
snowdog said:
I probably already know the answer to this. Got a number [rul=http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1551645&postcount=229]yesterday[/url].

My sister told me I should text her and not call her because calling her would scare her. It's too 'direct' she said. It just sounded like stupid bullsh*t to me.

I f*cking hate texting because it's not personal (I want to hear a voice) and because it gives away control. If I send a message, it's up to her if she'll answer or not.

Of course, girls don't know sh*t about what girls want. But still, I'd like your opinions.
I believe girls' opinions are valid to some degree. I go to my girl friends and mother at times for advice. But I also know when what they say is BS.

Don't take your sister's advice. Call.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My suggestion text first.

"Hey (her name) what's up?"
"Oh nothing, I'm just at wx, doing yz"

At this point you have to gauge if she can talk or not. If you think she can talk on the phone.

You "lol I hate this txt stuff it's too slow" Or whatever excuse you can think of to stop texting and call her.

Regardless if she replies or not, you call her. And now you are having an actual conversation.

BTW texting first to make sure she can talk will prevent you from having to leave a voicemail. It also decreases your chance at talking to her when she really shouldn't be on the phone. For example I don't like it when people try to call me when I'm in line at the grocery store.

nightcrawler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're older (26+) and are gaming a girl of your age then call

I find that texting works really well on young girls (18-22)

GuanYu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
muhuwahaha said:
If you're older (26+) and are gaming a girl of your age then call

I find that texting works really well on young girls (18-22)

This is truth. I've been gaming a lot of girls around 18-22 lately and they all prefer text. Even if I ask them if I can call in a text they completely ignore my request and keep texting.

Text little things and get face to face meetings to truly game her. This works really well on younger women.

Captain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GuanYu said:
This is truth. I've been gaming a lot of girls around 18-22 lately and they all prefer text. Even if I ask them if I can call in a text they completely ignore my request and keep texting.

Text little things and get face to face meetings to truly game her. This works really well on younger women.
Best not to ask if you can call, just do it.

If you text, you blend in like every other guy.

GuanYu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Captain said:
Best not to ask if you can call, just do it.

If you text, you blend in like every other guy.
Not if they constantly initiate the texts with you

And if they prefer text then that's just how it is. I always call to setup meetings and stuff but if they text me they'll get a text back

pLaYtHiNg

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually HATE it when someone calls me, even someone I like. I can't really explain why... well I feel tied up, or obligated to keep the conversation going. It's like being put on the spot, but that's me. If you do call, make sure you aren't going to be relying heavily on her to carry the conversation, but let her do some talking as well. Try not to interrupt or change the subject, it really turns girls off. Good luck!!

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pLaYtHiNg said:
I actually HATE it when someone calls me, even someone I like. I can't really explain why... well I feel tied up, or obligated to keep the conversation going. It's like being put on the spot, but that's me. If you do call, make sure you aren't going to be relying heavily on her to carry the conversation, but let her do some talking as well. Try not to interrupt or change the subject, it really turns girls off. Good luck!!
Oh, we got a lady in the house! :cool:

I'm sure you're having a blast reading about all the problems us nerds have with all of you :rolleyes:

I can see where you're coming from though, although I don't really like texting myself. Like I said, I give away control. I like control. Fifteen years ago we didn't even had mobile phones, and guys still got laid.

Maybe I'm old skool. But then again, so is my music taste.

ArMo

Banned
Reaction score
snowdog said:
I probably already know the answer to this. Got a number yesterday.

CALL. don't text. don't listen to any of those geeky pua's. be a real man and call her. be direct. call her and set up a date.

Mr. Bond

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Call and keep it brief. Set up a date, be on your merry way, and let her do the same.

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, a real man can admit that he was wrong, and I do this hereby.

All of you were right, and I was wrong. I should had called her. Now she just ignores me.

Damnit! Well, at least I won't make that mistake again.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Texting is fine if you're telling her to catch up at where & when. If you get into the little ping pong text game then it's bad. I'm busy at work during the day and out doing stuff at night, so I'm rarely free to talk on the phone nor sitting there texting people back & forth. I simply send a text to tell her to catch up and talk there instead. Usually she'd want to do her TXT game, and I'd say I'm busy at work, tell me all about it when we meet & think of me in the meantime.

Kevin Feng

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its not a black or white answer necessarily, you really need to assess the situation for yourself.

First off, how did the pick up go, were you guys in set for 20 minutes, 2 hours? How close did she feel with you upon departing?

Also, how long is the second date scheduled for from the last meeting? If it's been a week i would highly recommend calling her since her recollection of you may be distant and she may have lost some comfort by then.

If you can get her on the phone, I would definitely recommend that, like you said its a lot more personal, if she won't answer, I would suggest the txting

-Kevin

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
snowdog said:
OK, a real man can admit that he was wrong, and I do this hereby.

All of you were right, and I was wrong. I should had called her. Now she just ignores me.

Damnit! Well, at least I won't make that mistake again.

If you think the reason you lost this girl is because you text her instead of calling her then your dead wrong.

Bottom line if a girl has high interest in you, she'll answer or call you back. If you text she'll text you back as well. Your losing the girl's interst before the phone call....

PIMP