"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

to smile or not to smile

fillme

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
Australia
I have been studying all these DJ Bibles/ FAQs/ David D/ Nicholas Hill etc. etc. and there's a mixed suggestion about smile.

One school of thought believes we should smile often and when we smile we should make it natural - show your teeths etc. etc.

Then there's another school tell us not to smile let alone laugh (007 never laughs). All the manly people like 007/ John Wayne never smiled but yet managed to be a sex idol. They further tell us to smile seldom, that is, only stretch our mouth a little but not show our teeth.

Then there's the group: let's just be yourself..and if I follow this, I have to smile a lot because this is natural for me.

What should I do? Should it be the first skool of thought or the second? Or it's jsut LJBY or fake it till you make it?
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
simple my man ----- smile if you have reason to -- otherwise you look like a homo.
 

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
2,582
Reaction score
5
Age
42
Location
Montreal
007 and john wayne don't exist.
they are only a figment of a human imagination, an idolization - so unless you live on a screen or pick up women as effortlessly as James Bond.

Smile.

The how is stupid.

Think about ... does a DJ question how he smiles??? Whoever tells you how to smile or how not to smile is NOT a DJ. It's merely a triffle - why would a DJ or any man for that matter, be concerned about smiling?

I can understand this from insecure/paranoid women but ...
 

SeldomSeen

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2002
Messages
354
Reaction score
7
Location
Midwest
RE:

Smiling makes you look confident and happy. Like your a joy to be around. The only time you shouldnt smile at all is if you're trying to pick up Goth chicks. There was a survey of 400 women on what they find attractive in a guy. It was like 25 question and when asked if the guy should be smiling or not 98 percent of them said "yes" that its attractive to see a guy smiling. But dont go around cheesing 24/7 for no reason. Think though about how it feels when you see a lovely lady and she smiles at you...it brightens that moment for you.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Kraken

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2004
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
A smile is a sign of confidence and being relaxed. Smiling is one topic where 'just be yourself' plays in. But like some others mentioned, don't smile for no reason at all, you'll look like a crackhead.

Just on a more interesting observation now that you mention it, I have two photos on hotornot.com - they're both good similar shots of me, but the difference is, one is serious and one has me smiling and looking pretty happy. The serious one gets an 8.1 and the happy one gets a 9.4 after around the same amount of votes. Is it the smile? Maybe.
 

California Love

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2004
Messages
652
Reaction score
0
Location
The Bay Area
smiling makes you a lot easier to approach. Also, a guy with a hearty laugh and smile always ends up having a great time himself. Remember, you are the first priority :).
 

Walden

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 5, 2003
Messages
1,333
Reaction score
5
Location
New Zealand
Don't go around smiling unless you are stoned. When you get EC with a girl , then you can give her a small smile because you like her siht.
 

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
The smile is one of the most ATTRACTIVE things you can do. It eases the situation, makes you look more attractive, confident and is also often very charming and charismatic.

Conserning James Bond... Have you ever seen Roger Moore or Pierce Brosnan. They smile, actually their whole face smiles in this smirkish devilish and mysterious way.
 

fillme

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
Australia
thanks to e/o who replied. i guess the main thing is: smile if there's a reason to..otherwise don't.

but there are times when s/o said s/th funny and e/o is smiling...but you find no reason to smile. should you fake the smile at that point? What I think is, in moments like these you don't have to smile if you don't want to.

now, there's another thing...not so many moon ago I always had a smile on my face while talking - a smiley face that is. there were times when I had conversations w/ people w/ a smiley face and they questioned why I was smiling. but now i have stopped it completely...i don't think it's very manly....besides, why the hell wud i smile if there is not something funny....I guess I am in the right track.

S/o mentioned that 007 characters are idolized but I don't understand why David D in his book emphasized the need to analyze those characters closely [esp. the smiling part].
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
Don't overdo it, it's way too friendly...

Conserning faking it... if you are attracted to a person or like a person you will most likely smile at anything remotely funny :p
 

Charisma

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2003
Messages
593
Reaction score
0
**** everybody that says smiling is gay !
About the time I registered here, I had this very very big problem with approaching girls in public places, so not in a bar or something, but on the bus, subway etc... And this guy, praise him, forgot his nickname, he tells me 'Smile like you won a million dollars'. I had to PM the dude back a week later for the million dollar tip he gave me. I step up the bus, I smile like I just had sex with 30 of the most beautiful women on the planet, and if you then look in their eyes, they don't freak out (cause subway and **** is a dangerous place for pretty/weak women), and they have no problems with you starting a convo, and getting their number.

Smile smile smileeeee :D Also just smiling, the mechanical aspect, makes person feel better, that's a proven fact, so smile the **** away. Although if she says she just lost her dog, don't smile :D
 

PEACEDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 19, 2002
Messages
759
Reaction score
1
Age
41
Location
USA
Yeah I've had a debate about this situation too. BUT from my experience I think you really do need to smile in situations. Maybe not smile all the time and laugh at everything and anything a HB says, but giving off a great smile of something C&F you said to a HB is very powerful. But other than that, I don't think we should keep a neutral face "ALL the TIME" because 1. We are not secret Agents trying to save this planet from Dr. Evil's destruction, 2. Most of us here aren't in our late thirties where we are matured therefore giving off that type of Bond expression (no offense to anyone).
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
James Bond ALWAYS often has a knowing smile on his face. True, he's not grinning from ear to ear, but think about it...if YOU were an evil dictator and some guy entered your tropical paradise bikini pond with hundreds of scantily clad hotties and DIDN'T SMILE, wouldn't YOU be suspicious? :D
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
2,582
Reaction score
5
Age
42
Location
Montreal
Originally posted by fillme
thanks to e/o who replied. i guess the main thing is: smile if there's a reason to..otherwise don't.

but there are times when s/o said s/th funny and e/o is smiling...but you find no reason to smile. should you fake the smile at that point? What I think is, in moments like these you don't have to smile if you don't want to.

now, there's another thing...not so many moon ago I always had a smile on my face while talking - a smiley face that is. there were times when I had conversations w/ people w/ a smiley face and they questioned why I was smiling. but now i have stopped it completely...i don't think it's very manly....besides, why the hell wud i smile if there is not something funny....I guess I am in the right track.

S/o mentioned that 007 characters are idolized but I don't understand why David D in his book emphasized the need to analyze those characters closely [esp. the smiling part].

haven't you understood anything from my reply at all????

James bond is used as an example because everybody knows who james bond is and he is a symbol of 'manly'. It doesn't mean that he can't be discussed. It only means that he is a fantasy, an unreachable goal. It's just to give you an idea.

and stop questionning so much about smiling - you are wasting your time, my time, everybody's time who is trying to help you and the time of women around your way that are dying of boredom because you are too busy wondering when to smile or not when other people are.


in other words...

Does James bond rationalize the effects of smiling???? There I used it too.

Get it???
GOOD.
 
Top