"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

To next or not to next

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2002
Messages
471
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Montreal
Due to my lack of judgement, and my mind being clouded by emotions, I don't know the best way to handle this situation. I'd just like someone to point me in the right direction because I've never experienced this so far.

Here is a link to my previous situation, you don't really need to read it, only if you're interested in the details.

To sum it up, I invited this girl out last saturday, I confirmed once saturday morning, called back in the evening and she wasn't there.

She came online a while later and said she was sorry for not being there, that she left with her brother, and his car broke down, so she was going to spend the evening at home. She invited me out for sunday and I said I wouldn't be able to make it.

We've talked since then and really hit it off, this girl might actually be worth something. She told me that she spent a boring saturday night at home with her brother.

NOW HERE'S THE TRICKY PART: A very reliable source confirmed to me that the girl went to the movies with her brother on saturday. Therefore, she lied to me.

I know I shouldn't make a big deal out of this, and probably next her, but I feel like she might be LTR-material.

Should I:

- not mention it and close my eyes just this once
- confront her and tell her that I don't like hypocrisy
- next her

Thanks in advance, I hope someone experienced something like this before and tells me how he handled it.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2002
Messages
471
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Montreal
To think with all the experienced people on these boards... And I can't even get 3 words of advice? I am really lost here...
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
She went to the movies with her brother instead of you?? This is a shame!! Car broke down, what?? Call her on her lies and tell her that she is a convincing liar, but state, "the arc of moral justice is long, but it always bends towards truth!!"

Is your source extremely reliable? Does she have a twin sister?:)

She is not interested!!!!

How could she be ltr potential if she is a liar?? Oh yeah, she's cute!
 

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2003
Messages
1,677
Reaction score
3
Age
44
Location
In the C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh!
In my experience, when you find yourself asking if you should next, the answer is always yes.
 

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 24, 2003
Messages
1,099
Reaction score
8
Location
Germany
Have to agree with so pimp...

If you are emotionally involved you generally grasp at straws.. but if you have to ask the question, you know there is a problem with the woman.

NEXT before it gets worse.

Dietzcoi
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Don Rageta

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
155
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Northridge California
If the 'reliable source' is a guy he's ****blocking or messing with your head. If the 'reliable source' is a woman then she is 99.99% a ****blocker. don't take the word of those not involved for more than it is worth. ever hear of the telephone game? anyway.
She may have been testing you by flaking. ever think of that. don't give it another mention to her if it isn't along the lines of ways for her to make it up to you. let her know she has points to make up for being "wishy washy and a flake." <- females are really affected by that phrase. all of em. they don't like those qualities and will go to great lengths to prove that they aren't 'one of those girls.'
 

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2002
Messages
471
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Montreal
Originally posted by Don Rageta
If the 'reliable source' is a guy he's ****blocking or messing with your head. If the 'reliable source' is a woman then she is 99.99% a ****blocker. don't take the word of those not involved for more than it is worth. ever hear of the telephone game? anyway.
The reliable source is actually a girl and a guy. Sounds like the telephone game. The HB told her girl friend not to tell me that she went to the movies. So her friend told one of my male friends. My male friend then told me.

What I will do is this. I'll keep hitting on other chicks, and not give a **** about this one unless she calls me up or wants to do something. I won't call her and accuse her of lying to me, it's showing that it actually got to me and I have no life outside of her.

However, one more mistake, and it's bye-bye *****.

Thx for the advice everyone :)
 
Top