Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

To Mask or not to Mask?

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Curious what the pro-mask forum members (in the U.S.) think of these pro-mask advocates?
(the intro and pointless dance scene doesn't last long... wait a few seconds)

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
N95 masks work pretty well for the wearer. A cartridge respirator is the only sure thing. The government would tell the most at risk people to wear them, but then everyone would panic buy and the supply would disappear overnight. Surgical and cloth masks are only if you want to be socially responsible. They don't help you at all as safety equipment. I only wear them when forced. If I am worried about covid, I wear an n95.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These people are grifters, just like every other marxist out there. They don't care about the things they claim to care about, or truth for that matter, they just want power and will say absolutely anything to get it.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
Surgeons wear those masks for 10-12 hours a day, they have been used for centuries and they clearly serve their purpose.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
N95 masks work pretty well for the wearer. A cartridge respirator is the only sure thing. The government would tell the most at risk people to wear them, but then everyone would panic buy and the supply would disappear overnight. Surgical and cloth masks are only if you want to be socially responsible. They don't help you at all as safety equipment. I only wear them when forced. If I am worried about covid, I wear an n95.
I wear an N95, but I take it off whenever I go to a face licking festival.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wear an N95, but I take it off whenever I go to a face licking festival.
Just hold your breath, and you'll be good. I still have the habit of doing that when passing people in public. My biggest risk from covid is passing out from not breathing enough and hitting my head on the floor.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyway I don't think you need to wear masks outside unless it's a photo op of course.

The clever but not nearly covered enough "My mask protects you and your mask protects me" is the reasoning for mask wearing. I worked in a hospital with a large HIV+ population and we had a fair number of people with tuberculosis stop by from time to time. They spent most of their time in a negative pressure room to reduce the risk of airborne spread BUT when they did leave the room they wore a simple surgical mask to protect us in the rest of the world from their droplets. Same principle applies except there are many more COVID patients than TB patients as of current.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where I am, there´s not a choice. If you don´t wear a mask indoors you will get told off by security and the stare of disapproval from people around you. But when your eating, drinking or smoking you can take it off and that´s what people do most of the time. It´s also become normal to take it off outside, which I do.

How much difference does it really make? I don´t know, but if it makes even a small bit of difference it´s probably worth it. In any case I´m vaccinated so I don´t feel like I need to worry too much.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every single person on the planet will be exposed to the virus. Mask or no mask. You will either be symptomatic or Asymptotic.
Yes, that´s probably true. If you´re vaccinated it´s far more likely to be asymptomatic. However, wearing masks will slow down the spread which helps give time for people to get vaccinated (those that want or need to). Slowing the spread down also allows hospitals to cope. If hospitals run out of beds or oxygen, then a lot of people will die that didn´t need to.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Study just came out revealing blue disposable masks are only 12% effective in a lab setting. Real world takes it to 0%. An N95 a bit more effective in lab, but not in real world as demonstrated in Germany.