Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

To lie or not to lie about age on dating profile?

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you do lie on your dating profile, when you meet up remember not to mention how much things have changed since you were last in town back in 1997.

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, I claim to be 6"2 online, but actually 6"1 without shoes on...

Not sure how much of a risk or how much truth,, but recall reading on here or another forum a couple of years ago about how someone was accused of some level of rape after lying about their age?
I guess if someone posing as a minor online banged a minor, it would be statutory rape.

Reactions: B80

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess if someone posing as a minor online banged a minor, it would be statutory rape.
don't think this claim was that. something about false pretenses/led astray through falsehoods/misrepresentation etc. Not sure if true or someone talking sh1t as would open a can of worms if not clearly defined. if someone lies about their income, does that count? although I guess age is more easy to make a case out of as its black and white, although you could deny it unless your profile states false age, or you state it in texts?

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1) Don't lie.

2) Swipe left on any woman who has feminism, BLM or any other kind of NPC buzzword in their profile. Virtue signalers are the worst kind of people.

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
don't think this claim was that. something about false pretenses/led astray through falsehoods/misrepresentation etc. Not sure if true or someone talking sh1t as would open a can of worms if not clearly defined. if someone lies about their income, does that count? although I guess age is more easy to make a case out of as its black and white, although you could deny it unless your profile states false age, or you state it in texts?
It’s only rape, criminally, if the sexual act itself was committed without mutual adult consent. So whether adult consent was not given because one party was physically coerced, incapacitated, or not an adult, these cases can be tried as rape.

In the Me2 era, there’s been a disturbing conflation between whether consent was mutual, and whether attraction was mutual ie. she felt “buyer’s remorse.” So you now have cases where a woman agrees to sleep with her boss for a raise, the raise wasn’t to her liking, and she accuses her boss of rape. Or like Aziz Ansari, who was accused of rape by a woman essentially because he was bad in bed and she felt disgusted by it.

Consensual sex being attained by manipulation or deception, or being regretted by the woman after the fact for whatever reason, is still consensual sex. While a rape accusation itself often ruins a man’s life, he is never convicted of rape in these cases.

So in the case you mentioned, a woman being “misled” into having sex is not rape. No one would prosecute this in a criminal court. She could hire someone like Gloria Allred to try and win a civil suit, basically attack the guy’s reputation until he pays a settlement, but most men realize doing so would destroy their reputations and don’t relent (ie. Dr. Luke vs. Kesha).

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s only rape, criminally, if the sexual act itself was committed without mutual adult consent. So whether adult consent was not given because one party was physically coerced, incapacitated, or not an adult, these cases can be tried as rape.

In the Me2 era, there’s been a disturbing conflation between whether consent was mutual, and whether attraction was mutual ie. she felt “buyer’s remorse.” So you now have cases where a woman agrees to sleep with her boss for a raise, the raise wasn’t to her liking, and she accuses her boss of rape. Or like Aziz Ansari, who was accused of rape by a woman essentially because he was bad in bed and she felt disgusted by it.

Consensual sex being attained by manipulation or deception, or being regretted by the woman after the fact for whatever reason, is still consensual sex. While a rape accusation itself often ruins a man’s life, he is never convicted of rape in these cases.

So in the case you mentioned, a woman being “misled” into having sex is not rape. No one would prosecute this in a criminal court. She could hire someone like Gloria Allred to try and win a civil suit, basically attack the guy’s reputation until he pays a settlement, but most men realize doing so would destroy their reputations and don’t relent (ie. Dr. Luke vs. Kesha).
It's all overblown. As long as you don't mess with women that are not 100% down none of this is going to be a problem.

Billtx49

Reaction score
This thread is amusing, many men complain about women posting years old pics effectively lying about their age, yet this thread indicates that some men will do the same regarding their current height and age…
We have to be internally ok with who we are, it beats being false.

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread is amusing, many men complain about women posting years old pics and lying about their age, yet this thread indicates that some men will do the same regarding their current height and age…
We have to be internally ok with who we are, it beats being false.
I think this thread simply acknowledges that OLD is entirely appearance-driven and that men are also allowed to take few liberties to put their physical appearance in the best light. “Taking a few liberties” occupies a gray area, yes, but extending that to lying about your age, your occupation, marital status, parental status, or making false statements about yourself is clearly beyond that gray area.

Yes, I realize this forum has a huge problem with women wearing heavy makeup, using younger photos of themselves, filters, angled shots etc. (as the more outspoken on this forum tend to have a huge problem with women in general) but this is all standard operating procedure in a dating venue that ruthlessly judges individuals on a single criterion.

If men want to attract women with their personalities and character, it doesn’t require repeating that OLD is the wrong way to date.

Reactions: B80

mrskinnypantz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Women lie about height a lot too! Lying a couple inches about height is fine. most can't even tell anyway, and it depends time of day, how your posture is, etc. Hell, even the NHL and NFL fudge height BIG time, especially for guys under 6ft it's laughable.

Age though is a no go. I see no point of lying about age. I'm 38. Besides on OLD I don't see a lot of hot women under 28 anyway. Odd, but most are over 30 so being 38 I see no reason to lie about age.
Women lie about almost everything but that does not make it ok for us to lie too
Where’s the pride in that ? I wear my 5’9 like it’s a crown .
So what if I’m not 6 ft,which is still small

That is tru tho , basketball players even lie or throw a couple inches on their height idk why

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women lie about almost everything but that does not make it ok for us to lie too
Where’s the pride in that ? I wear my 5’9 like it’s a crown .
So what if I’m not 6 ft,which is still small

That is tru tho , basketball players even lie or throw a couple inches on their height idk why
All is fair in love and war.

Do you want to be proud or do you want to win?

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All is fair in love and war.

Do you want to be proud or do you want to win?
This is how I've always looked at it. They call it game for a reason. Play to win.

Even if I were looking for a wife I'd still lie.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
If you do lie on your dating profile, when you meet up remember not to mention how much things have changed since you were last in town back in 1997.
And memorize the years you were “born,” “graduated” high school and most important: “graduated” college. If you have to pause and do quick math in your head to answer her questions, you’re busted.

TLDR: What year you graduated college is the most common “age test.”

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She’s gonna know the difference between 5’9 and 6’2
Anything else between that is not even worth lying about
For online dating I disagree. At 5’9 I would for sure put 6’0 on the profile. They search for any reason to weed you out. Wear some boots on your first 2 dates. Chicks that like you will rationalize your white lie.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't used O.L.D. much. When I was 26 I met a girl that was 23 and spent a summer hooking up with her. I used my real age on the app.
Within the past year or so, I've made a few profiles and tried using different ages. However, my photos were bad, and I received no decent matches, regardless of what age I made it. (also, 99% of White girls had BLM listed as an interest on their profile, to show that they are not interested in White men) I'm working on some good photos now, and may hire a professional for a couple shots too.

Most people in real life don't believe I'm over 24, so I'm somewhat concerned most women will think my current photos are many years old, and skip me.

I'm interested in women a maximum age of 22. Where I live: any woman over 23 is either obese, or someone with money put a ring on it because thin girls are so rare.

Also, why the heck are 99.9% of the female profiles on dating apps White? My rate of success is astronomically higher with every other race. I think these app companies are purposely not showing other races to White men.
Lying about yourself is a form of insecurity and "un-love" of yourself. Simple.

The question is, do you want to attract the right women (and people in general) in your life? If so, be honest. If on the other hand, you want to attract people not meant for you, lie about your height, age, etc.

That is your dilemma and choice.

On the masculinity subject, when a man lies is highly detrimental to his masculine energy. Unlike women, men are sworn by their word. Honor is very important. It is a code we must abide by.

Check out, The Way of Men by Jack Donovan.

Modern Man Advice

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For online dating I disagree. At 5’9 I would for sure put 6’0 on the profile. They search for any reason to weed you out. Wear some boots on your first 2 dates. Chicks that like you will rationalize your white lie.
I'm 5'11
Lying about yourself is a form of insecurity and "un-love" of yourself. Simple.

The question is, do you want to attract the right women (and people in general) in your life? If so, be honest. If on the other hand, you want to attract people not meant for you, lie about your height, age, etc.

That is your dilemma and choice.

On the masculinity subject, when a man lies is highly detrimental to his masculine energy. Unlike women, men are sworn by their word. Honor is very important. It is a code we must abide by.

Check out, The Way of Men by Jack Donovan.

Modern Man Advice
I'd rather date hot, fun 20 year olds than be sworn by my word

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'11

I'd rather date hot, fun 20 year olds than be sworn by my word
Then you are not a man, you are a child. You are the problem.

No one will remember you, even those hot and fun 20 years will forget about you. You can't see past your penis and that makes you an empty vessel.

I will, however, not feel bad for you because you are not worth my energy. But I do wish you a good life, whatever that means for you.

Modern Man Advice

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

No one will remember you, even those hot and fun 20 years will forget about you. You can't see past your penis and that makes you an empty vessel.

I will, however, not feel bad for you because you are not worth my energy. But I do wish you a good life, whatever that means for you.

Modern Man Advice
Someday, everyone will be known to no one. It's simply a matter of when.

Best wishes.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Modern Man Advice
It doesn't matter if they forget. What matters is that they open their legs and do as they're told by daddy.