Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

To dress up or down

white sox bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys,
The last few times I've been out with the boys hoing around, I noticed a strange occurance. Seems like the younger guys (early to mid 20's) that were dressed sloppily, like the clothes I use to clean out my garage, almost all of them either had a HB or were hitting on a HB with some sucess. I'm talking about guys who wear stocking caps, old stained sweat pants and a ragged looking sweatshirt or an old shirt that should have been thrown out yrs ago on.

And here I sit down with a nice pullover Polo shirt on and new Levi's. Now granted, the women in these parts of Hotterville (or Walton's Mountain :)) are all country F*cks and so are a lot of the guys. A cultural thing? Maybe women look at me as "stuffy" wearing Ralph Lauran or Tommy clothes. Or is it a generation gap thing?
Bill

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
edmond said:
You must ALWAYS dress to look your best and do it for YOURSELF.
I agree. WSB, take a look at the type of women these young bucks were pulling. Are they really your type? Not putting them down but if they go for guys of that style are the chances high that they will go for your style if it's much different?

Be comfortable in your style, maybe tweak it up a bit and make it a bit more contemporary. Then focus on women who appreciate your style.

musclyjerk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
white sox bill said:
Guys,
The last few times I've been out with the boys hoing around, I noticed a strange occurance. Seems like the younger guys (early to mid 20's) that were dressed sloppily, like the clothes I use to clean out my garage, almost all of them either had a HB or were hitting on a HB with some sucess. I'm talking about guys who wear stocking caps, old stained sweat pants and a ragged looking sweatshirt or an old shirt that should have been thrown out yrs ago on.

And here I sit down with a nice pullover Polo shirt on and new Levi's. Now granted, the women in these parts of Hotterville (or Walton's Mountain :)) are all country F*cks and so are a lot of the guys. A cultural thing? Maybe women look at me as "stuffy" wearing Ralph Lauran or Tommy clothes. Or is it a generation gap thing?
Bill
Plenty of women prefer 'rough' guys who don't give a f*** about their appearance or warddrobe.

It's very masculine . . . and there's less pressure in country places for guys to dress like pretty groomed emasculated drones.

The Muscly Jerk

white sox bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
musclyjerk said:
Plenty of women prefer 'rough' guys who don't give a f*** about their appearance or warddrobe.

It's very masculine . . . and there's less pressure in country places for guys to dress like pretty groomed emasculated drones.

The Muscly Jerk
Never thought of that Muscly, next thing is these hicks will be "marking" thier masculine territiory by peeing on the floor!:)

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
white sox bill said:
Guys,

Bill
Remember what I'm about to say.....contrary to what you've ever been taught, like many guys here will even tell you, about how women want a guy who is "well groomed" and dresses to a "T", is nothing but a bunch of horsesh*t. Most of the hot women I see out there, and this is no exaggeration or lie by the way, because I see it everytime I go out(and I live in NY and frequent the NYC/Long Island club and bar scene), are with average to dirtbaggish looking guys in their wardrobe appearance. The only guys who dress classy and get the hotties are the ugly and overweight guys. All these types of guys I just mentioned, tend to have the best game when it comes to getting women, especially attractive women. IT'S ALL ABOUT HOW YOU GAME THEM. That is the truth and key to a woman's HEART and VAGINA!

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It also depends on the kinds of women you're after. If you're after these girls who are swooning over dipsh*ts in sweats, well, you better dumb yourself down, son.

Quality girls will always recognize and appreciate a (fairly) well dressed man.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the ragged ass jeans those guys wear probably costs more than your fancy outfit put together. I have several ragged up jeans in my wardrobe that cost around 150 USD each, heh it even says on the label "This jeans has been washed 500 times".

You need to understand that the whole "I dont give a fvck how I look imagine" actually takes effort. Chicks know the difference between "sh!tty looking" outfit that costs $$$ and a real sh!tty ass outfit. And a polo shirt + a nice knew jeans isn't what is considered as nice 'going out' clothes were I live.

disfunktional

Don Juan
Reaction score
I prefer to dress down myself, but I've always been that. Never been a fan of shirt/shoes - I feel more comfortable in jeans/trainers/t-shirt.

I think it depends where you go out and the type of people you are mixing with. Different dress styles are appropriate for different occasions. If I were to hit a club in the west end for example, I'd have to dress up or I'd likely not get in anywhere. Where I usually go out though, you'd probably look a bit out of place in shoes/shirt - most people dress down.

df

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well,

Most women tend to be more lienient when they're younger when dealing with guys. The older they get depending upon their own lot in life determines what type of guy they want to relate to.

So if you want to meet the chick at the dive bar dress like they dress there. Understand that most of them want this type of guy.

Like wise for meeting a professional woman. Dress for success and women will seek you out, mainly the ones who are looking for those type of men.

Realize where you plan on going and try to blend in with the crowd a little. Being different is great but don't be that guy in a bar wearing a shirt and slacks. Then most of the women won't be able to identify with you; however, some will and want to meet you.

Just be aware and comfortable.

blueguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
edmond said:
You must ALWAYS dress to look your best and do it for YOURSELF.
Agree. I dress the same way on dates that I do normally. Which is good of course. ;)

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 38 and fit.

I dress depending of the occassion. I have nice suits (European, etc.). Nice shoes. Even a tuxedo.

However, I also have my share of jeans. Some I only wear to work in the yard (the cheaper ones). But the ones I wear to hang out in the mall or with my kids are the Tommy Hilfiger, a low ride kenneth cole (as I said, I'm fit and I look young), a couple europeans one (e.g. desigual, etc.).

I also have my sweaters, etc.

My point is that I wear depending of the occassion. But I do wear nice clothes and I look fashionable. Even in the "raggy" jeans (Kenneth Cole), and a pair of jeans that for some reason I cannot get rid off (have them since 1992) but they fit nice on me and I wear them once every 3 or so months.

But when I go to nightclubs...I wear nice clothes.

Grooming is important (even when my hair might look "unkept" from time to time...trust me...it is that way by DESIGN!).

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh. I've got the same "problem". When I roll into a local place with wool pinstriped pants, polished shoes, and an ironed shirt... all the dirt farmer, camouflage hat types give me one hell of a stink eye.

Don't change your style "down". Know that you are peacocking and the women are seeing you. If anything, keep everything the same and wear a camouflage hat to mock the locals. The other weekend, I actually went out with my hunting pants and boots with mud and blood stains on them... and a very nice, starched shirt and clean shave. I was goofing around, but ladies came up and told me that they liked the shirt. WTF? Do they not even notice camouflage anymore? Do they not see blood stains? How the... ? These chicks don't even know what Polo logo looks like.

Anyway, don't try to fit in. Don't apologize. Don't mention anything about it. You dress better, period. That is your style. That is who you are, and you need to be confident. This clothing difference is to your advantage, but it will take some time and some approaches for you to really see it. You have to know in your head that women want to talk to the clean guy, if nothing else because he's clean. But, there is the mystery and intrigue of the whole "outsider" thing that works for you also.

However, if you still have FIB plates on your vehicle... your game was blown before you ever got in the door. No amount of sharp dressing will get you "in". Noone wants to admit to associating with flat-landers.

white sox bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Vulpine said:
Heh. I've got the same "problem". When I roll into a local place with wool pinstriped pants, polished shoes, and an ironed shirt... all the dirt farmer, camouflage hat types give me one hell of a stink eye.

Don't change your style "down". Know that you are peacocking and the women are seeing you. If anything, keep everything the same and wear a camouflage hat to mock the locals. The other weekend, I actually went out with my hunting pants and boots with mud and blood stains on them... and a very nice, starched shirt and clean shave. I was goofing around, but ladies came up and told me that they liked the shirt. WTF? Do they not even notice camouflage anymore? Do they not see blood stains? How the... ? These chicks don't even know what Polo logo looks like.

Anyway, don't try to fit in. Don't apologize. Don't mention anything about it. You dress better, period. That is your style. That is who you are, and you need to be confident. This clothing difference is to your advantage, but it will take some time and some approaches for you to really see it. You have to know in your head that women want to talk to the clean guy, if nothing else because he's clean. But, there is the mystery and intrigue of the whole "outsider" thing that works for you also.

However, if you still have FIB plates on your vehicle... your game was blown before you ever got in the door. No amount of sharp dressing will get you "in". Noone wants to admit to associating with flat-landers.
Vulpine my Mom lives in Sauk City, I go thru Verona on way home. We should hook up for a beer sometime. Up for it? Then we can discuss the Illinois?wisconsin thing!!:) Isn't there a few bars south of the High School a few blocks?

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends...

Do you have FIB plates?

:crackup:

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Double post

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:kick:

Get your cheap azz to the DMV.

white sox bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Vulpine said:
:kick:

Get your cheap azz to the DMV.
Damn I'm hijacking my own thread! I actually don't claim Illinois as my state. I just happen to live and make my living there. My summer home is on Madeline Island in Lake Superior. Its my home away from home. But I will buy you a Leinie :cool: