Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

To cut or bulk?

blinkin_winkin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I'm got a question and would benefit a lot from everyone's opinion. I'm a 5'9, 170 pound, 17-year old and I don't know if I should bulk or cut. I'm afraid if I start bulking I'm going to gain a LOT of weight quick. I lift 5 times a week and I'm about to start track so I'll be doing a lot of work to take off the weight before it makes too big of an impact.

Currently I look pretty good. My arms and muscles are not what I want them to be yet though. Will this come naturally through the cutting or should I bulk up to 180 or even around 190? I really do not know.

If this is a common question I'm sorry but any advice would be great. Thank you.

A Ron

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look into powerlifting and more specifically "Westside" routines.

Don't worry about your weight. Worry about getting better at your event.

Try to get better at snatches and cleans. These exercises have been proven to make you more explosive = faster runner.

Big N

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you dont want to do powelifting:

I think you should just wait it out for now. Try to maintain your weight through the track season. You aren't going to have enough time or energy to seriously cut, and you aren't going to have the calories necessary to bulk. Just wait it out. After the season is over, I think you should go with your instincts and start a cutting cycle. This is kind of a shot in the dark, but I would say cut down to around 150-155 and then bulk up to 180-185. After that, cut down to around 170-175 and you should be set. You dont really need to worry about all that yet.