To call on valentines day?

babooya

Don Juan
Reaction score
I met a girl on Sat and had a few hours of great fun with her at a bar and club - total cold pickup. Got the digits and kiss close and tons of kino.

So, do you think it is bad to call on valentines day? She is an exchange student and chances are (by the way she acted and such) that she's probably single. She might like a call tonight. Or she might think I'm a loner!

What to do! I'm from NYC people, I want to act!

Thanks,
babooya.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't call.

Remember your a busy man - she needs to believe your dating someone else.

Best time to call is tomorrow.

Dapper Swindler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I also met someone at a club this weekend with kissing/kino etc. And I DID decide to call today. I know you're supposed to wait a few days before calling but I think a well-placed call to a lonely girl on V-day could be very effective. But it could also backfire. Again, I believe most all of the advice on this site needs to be tempered for each invdividual girl and also what it is you want from them.

Jordache.DJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Consider this:

Have you ever heard of anyone hooking up on Valentine's day?

Now, have you ever heard of anyone BREAKING UP on Valentine's day?

Call on February 15th. February 14th is just an opportunity for other guys to screw up.

Dingus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Or better yet she isn't a girl of the masses and could care less about Valentines Day.
Upgrade if so.

Dingus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Frankly, I never knew when the holiday was before I had a serious relationship. Any of the time I spent with a girl or buying a gift for a girl before that was out of obligation. I like the idea of paying special notice to your loved one on this "very special" day but if you're really in love with someone, isn't this supposed to be every day. People are just too busy in the country.

babooya

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I called - and got the voice mail. I decided to just hang up (called from the cell) and on Feb 15 ( yesterday) I tried again with no answer (from a different phone) and decided:

OK, tomorrow (now "today") I will try again and leave msg.

So all this rule stuff is BS. Play it real, right? If I only have time at the moment to set something up with one girl I met last week (extremely busy with work) then you know what, I will call her when I want. By *NOT* leaving a message and not reaching her, you just delay contacting her - that is dumb if you only have one number! I will just leave a message and leave it up to them. If interest was high then she'll call. Else, she won't and I'll move on. Either way, if I don't leave the message and keep calling every day, that takes away more of my time from work (thinking about call,etc.) and takes away potential meeting up days.

Thoughts? Final point: If you are so busy and only fortunately enough to have one number, seize it. Let that lady know you tried to contact her. Why make her think - reverse the situation and you'd be ticked off too, if you had interest. The only way to find out is not to put off letting her know you called, but to just leave the dang message!

- bb

DeathDealer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, what I would do is call her on Tuesday (which you do) if I got the voicemail, then that's that. I only call once, then I go on with my life until she returns that call.

BUT

then again you met her at a bar/club scenario with you touching her and kissing her on the first meet. Dunno about that, I usually hold back and gauge her interest. You practically gave it all up on that day.

babooya

Don Juan
Reaction score
At the club she was asking me all types of questions which led me to believe that she is interested. Also she would not let me go for 3h at the club. I know, I should have jet but we was all over me, quite a fun time.

The point here is this: If I have no other options at this time, who cares if I call her today, for third time in 3 days and just finally leave a msg. if she doesn't pick up. This will:

- definitely guage her interest level as she's gotta do the calling now
- make her know that I'm interested and won't wait around and keep on calling until I reach her

Since this is my only girl option at the moment, why wait? Thoughts?

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You've now made 2 or 3 calls to her phone.

One on valentines day - and no matter what you say - a woman definitely knows the signifigance of that. You message is "I'm single and I'm looking for someone to hang out with".....

not likely to peak her interest - unless of course she's a hapless chick with no life.

My bet is that she already had plans.

You shouldn't have called on valentines day - called th eday after and left a message.

In the day and age of Caller ID - etc she knows who is calling her and who is not - if only by the fact that it's a strange number on her phone.

Your playing the phone game anyways - by calling from a different phone.

So why not play the game right - from the start.

By the way, read the DJ bible.