"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

to break up or not? help me..

Pimpster

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 19, 2002
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Alright guys, i'm in a big delemma. I've had my girlfriend for 11 months now. I know for a fact that I atleast use to be in love with her, but i'm not feeling as much towards her anymore. I have no idea why. She still loves me dearly, and I don't think she will stop. Now, I don't know if i want to break up with her. I've been thinking about it and I really think i want too. If i do, she'll be heart broken for a long long time. I'm going away to University this Septemeber, and i was planning on doing it sometimes next year because of distance and all. It would be easier on both of us because we both would have drifted away. We both basically know it wont last for 4+ years away from eachother. We decided to try it out though (LDR), but we both know it is highly unlikely it would last. I thought distance would be the best way to break up with her, for if I did it now, it hurts a lot more. I really don't like hurting people, and making her sad would also make me very sad. Staying with her for the next few months however, is basically leading her on, and making her more and more in love with me. I DO NOT know what to do. Guys, it may be cruel to even think of staying with her right now because its leading her on, but I really can't see her in such a low that she will be in if its over. I'm not sure if you guys can help, but if u can, or similar things have happened please HELP!
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Hollowpoint

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2004
Messages
593
Reaction score
0
Tell her part of why you are breaking up is that you don't want to hurt her in case you do anything at university while you are away.


Hope some others can give input.
 

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2003
Messages
3,739
Reaction score
41
Age
45
Location
-777-Vegas-777-
First off you're a pretty decent individual from what i've read which is going to help you in the long run. It never hurts to put out a positive image.

Now to the heart of the matter. I've broken up with more then my fair share of girls. I'm sure the bulk of them loved me more then I did them but when you think about it you really aren't damaging them as much as you think you are.

Girls emotions are like rubber bands, when you pull them in one direction long enough and let go they're going to snap back violently but eventually they'll come to a rest and then some one else will pull on them again.

Although i'm sure she feels very strongly for you right now, after you break up with her she will not shatter. Sure it'll take a bit of time to get over her and likewise for you apparently, but you will both meet other people in time who will put you both down a different path.

It's good that you recognize the futility of LDR's because they're probably the stupidest worst idea in the world and will have a very limited lifetime.

So don't worry yourself about it too much. It may seem like a difficult decision to make but it has to be done so the process of you two divoting your time to better things can begin.
 

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2002
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
18
Age
46
Location
Hiding in Penkitten's Linen Closet
Originally posted by PizDoff
Tell her part of why you are breaking up is that you don't want to hurt her in case you do anything at university while you are away.
Do not do this. The girl will be hurting enough; there is no reason to put pictures in her head of you with other girls while you're away at college.

Basically what you do is give her the Cliff's Notes version of what you just told us. You care for her a lot, but you know it won't work long distance, and staying with her until you leave would just be leading her on. You don't want to hurt her, but you know it will hurt you both worse to keep going in a relationship that can't work.

Be gentle, but firm.
 

Confuzzled

New Member
Joined
May 1, 2004
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
While waiting to break up with her until you go away to college may seem like the easiest way, in the long run it will be even more heartache. You may not miss her as much because you'll be living a whole new experience...but she'll be the one thinking about that.

Sure, breakups suck no matter how they happen...but it's even harder when you think it's because your SO met someone better than you.

Do it now, it's the most logical. You're not being fair to her or yourself by keeping something going that's no longer there.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top