Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

To any business owners, how has a potential employee impressed you?

Reaction score
I am about to graduate from a southern military college with a degree in mechanical engineering. the main reason I subjected myself to that level of torture was because everyone and their mother said religiously "Major in engineering you're practically guaranteed a good job coming out", unfortunately that is not so much of the case. Almost none of my classmates can find jobs and we are getting desperate. However I was fortunate enough to get the contacts for the presidents of 2 of my dream jobs (both in the aftermarket automotive parts industry). Before I started contacting them I wanted to know if there were any employers on here who, although they may not have been hiring at the time, saw a candidate with such potential that they made a spot for them. I know deep down that places like these are where I can thrive and do my best so I want to give the absolute best impression. I really appreciate any help

Sir FB

Don Juan
Reaction score
I own a small company. Only 4 employees. As an owner, it's really hard to get good motivated qualified employees that will stick around. I've never had someone come in here and pester me for a job. If they did, I'd almost certainly hire them even if I didn't need a employee. If I really wanted to work for one specific company, I'd go above and beyond the traditional application/interview process and show up every day in person, trying to speak with the highest level person in the company I could. Maybe even wait in the parking lot and catch the president/ceo on his way out to his car.

Reaction score
I own a small company. Only 4 employees. As an owner, it's really hard to get good motivated qualified employees that will stick around. I've never had someone come in here and pester me for a job. If they did, I'd almost certainly hire them even if I didn't need a employee. If I really wanted to work for one specific company, I'd go above and beyond the traditional application/interview process and show up every day in person, trying to speak with the highest level person in the company I could. Maybe even wait in the parking lot and catch the president/ceo on his way out to his car.
gotcha, both places are a little out of my way by a few hours, but if it means a good chance at employment I will be more than happy to make the trip. I have made a few product pitches for the one I really wanna work for but idk if that is too forward, Im just not sure where dedication to the job ends and light stalking begins lol

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I am about to graduate from a southern military college with a degree in mechanical engineering. the main reason I subjected myself to that level of torture was because everyone and their mother said religiously "Major in engineering you're practically guaranteed a good job coming out", unfortunately that is not so much of the case. Almost none of my classmates can find jobs and we are getting desperate. However I was fortunate enough to get the contacts for the presidents of 2 of my dream jobs (both in the aftermarket automotive parts industry). Before I started contacting them I wanted to know if there were any employers on here who, although they may not have been hiring at the time, saw a candidate with such potential that they made a spot for them. I know deep down that places like these are where I can thrive and do my best so I want to give the absolute best impression. I really appreciate any help
What state do you live in? You may have to move to where the $$$ jobs are dude.

Reaction score
What state do you live in? You may have to move to where the $$$ jobs are dude.
I live in south Carolina but have applied all over the country, like idk where tf Idaho is on the map but I do remember sending applications there (no offense to the guys who love in Idaho)

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in south Carolina but have applied all over the country, like idk where tf Idaho is on the map but I do remember sending applications there (no offense to the guys who love in Idaho)
May sound crazy but pick where you want to live and move there first. They throw applications from out of state applicants in the trash. Honestly, it’s all who you know anyway. Move first, wait tables or something while you build a local network, and keep applying for jobs.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aren't there post grad certifications and other skill set tests you can take to make yourself more marketable? I know a guy who graduated engineering and i thought he was just fvcking around when he spent months studying for some test. But afterward, he got a great job doing r&d for automakers. He wasn't even affected by the pandemic, because his firm had a lot of commercial shipping clients.

Reaction score
Aren't there post grad certifications and other skill set tests you can take to make yourself more marketable? I know a guy who graduated engineering and i thought he was just fvcking around when he spent months studying for some test. But afterward, he got a great job doing r&d for automakers. He wasn't even affected by the pandemic, because his firm had a lot of commercial shipping clients.
I think he was taking the fundamentals of engineering exam, its really good on your resume but what's making me hesitant about perusing anything further is that I have a bunch of friends far smarter than I am, they have passed all the exams, have insanely good gpas, and have hands on experience with intenrships... shlt one of them even has secret clearance but they are struggling just as much as me. At this point I am almost certain that the only way to get a job nowadays is to be the guy who can sell himself as a team member to anyone. Ironic that my game with women is just fine but apparently I cant game companies for **** lol

Reaction score
Ill add Washington DC Metro and New Jersey to the list. Defense contractors and Pharmaceuticals...
we all tried defense contractors but idk how ungodly high their standards are tho bc like I said I know guys who are literally perfect applicants who got rejected, I mean nearly 4.0 gpa, tons of experience, and highly respectful, charismatic guys. Like if they are not hiring that then who tf do they want? effen superman? Einstein? professor x? I know i sound like a whiny ***** but its just demoralizing after you send in a ton of applications and get nothing.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
we all tried defense contractors but idk how ungodly high their standards are tho bc like I said I know guys who are literally perfect applicants who got rejected, I mean nearly 4.0 gpa, tons of experience, and highly respectful, charismatic guys. Like if they are not hiring that then who tf do they want? effen superman? Einstein? professor x? I know i sound like a whiny ***** but its just demoralizing after you send in a ton of applications and get nothing.
Only need one my guy. Try mid-tier or smaller firms first. Target moving to one of those areas and networking. Otherwise it is pure numbers. Entry level engineering applicants are everywhere and you are less attractive being from out of state. You have to research what industry you want to work in. Mechanical Engineering can do damn near everything. Also, sell something about you that stands out. Get on LinkedIn so people can see your photo (looks always help!) What does your 30 second commercial look like?

Remember, it’s not about what you like. Companies want to know what can you do to help them make money. Have an answer to that question. Nothing generic like “determination.”

Reaction score
Only need one my guy. Try mid-tier or smaller firms first. Target moving to one of those areas and networking. Otherwise it is pure numbers. Entry level engineering applicants are everywhere and you are less attractive being from out of state. You have to research what industry you want to work in. Mechanical Engineering can do damn near everything. Also, sell something about you that stands out. Get on LinkedIn so people can see your photo (looks always help!) What does your 30 second commercial look like?

Remember, it’s not about what you like. Companies want to know what can you do to help them make money. Have an answer to that question. Nothing generic like “determination.”
ok, def will get on that grind then. I got the feeling that jobs are like women too, when you don't have one nobody wants you, but the moment you are accepted somewhere you all of a sudden become a hot commodity, its like they can smell the desperation.

bob2007

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
May sound crazy but pick where you want to live and move there first. They throw applications from out of state applicants in the trash. Honestly, it’s all who you know anyway. Move first, wait tables or something while you build a local network, and keep applying for jobs.
This is great advice. I have a feeling in USA... and maybe every country people prefer that you already live in the area.

Maybe even put a fake address :). But I guess your phone number will give it away.

Employers want to hire the go getter. The one that asks for more and more and more work. Most smart people do the opposite. They want to do the job tasks given and avoid new work. That is my experience as an employee and as an employer watching employees.