Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

To all the "good-looking" guys

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've noticed lately there's been a spate of good-looking guys whining about the fact they can't get laid.

My question is, are you really good-looking, or just ugly and conceited? (show us a home pic, WITHOUT airbrushing/makeup/professional touches)

If you are, are you actually making an effort to talk to girls? (beyond saying "hi")

I seriously doubt a "hot guy" (definition: hotter than 90% of the male population in your age group) would never get laid if they make an effort.

In fact, the only hot guys I see who get rejected constantly are those with totally retarded personalities (ie. way too arrogant, too stupid, retarded, convicted child rapists, etc).

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies
I've noticed lately there's been a spate of good-looking guys whining about the fact they can't get laid.

My question is, are you really good-looking, or just ugly and conceited? (show us a home pic, WITHOUT airbrushing/makeup/professional touches)

If you are, are you actually making an effort to talk to girls? (beyond saying "hi")

I seriously doubt a "hot guy" (definition: hotter than 90% of the male population in your age group) would never get laid if they make an effort.

In fact, the only hot guys I see who get rejected constantly are those with totally retarded personalities (ie. way too arrogant, too stupid, retarded, convicted child rapists, etc).
i call bs on those guys too. Anyone can say they are "good-looking" but that does not mean they are "hot"

I think guys have trouble here knowing the difference between "good looks," vs. masculinity. A scrawny pretty boy who bytches like a girl about not getting laid is far less masculine than, for example, a dedicated man who wakes up every morning for football practice and is built like a rock.

As for myself, I have an aesthetically nice face, but my body, especially my arms, is ectomorphic. I have a hard time getting with chicks, but that could also be because i put little effort in getting them anyways. However, if I increased my masculinity by say, working out and gaining muscle mass, then at my current effort level, i would probably be getting more opportunities than i am now.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
actually i see somany guys who are decent looking (no acne) and if they only had confidence they would be getting laid, left and right....but instead they just hang their head to the floor and walk (they also got not game)

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any guy that acts conceited, especially if he is gifted with "hot guy" looks, will also get little play as well. No one wants to be around someone that his/her nose in the air.

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i agree most guys that say they are really good looking might not be i mean look at the too good looking thread. most guys there arnt as good looking as they claim to be ,infact its funny they are average at most dont get me wrong but not that level that girls will fall on ya knees or something.

you dont wake up oneday and im too goodlooking reocurring things make you come to the conclusion that your are good looking
do girls stare at you often?
do you get that look from some girls like they cant help but smile when they see you walk by?

wana know if your goodlooking? at the clubs stand by yourself and see if ladies swin within your space. in some cases theyll go as far as asking for a lighter or anything like that.
i noticed that looks dont mean **** without the right attitude that i learned oneday when at the club and this handsome guy lets say a 9(no homo) was macking on this chick and she kept rejecting him cuss he was acting like a dog chasing a bone in other words afc. and the same girl came to me and ask me to dance 10 mins later, i was like wtf im not nearly as good looking as that guy infact i stopped dancing and she kept looking for me all nitgh in the club i was like wtf did i do right lol.
do you sometimes feel like all eyes are on you at some certain point in a bar or club?

do you get regular glances from girls?

do girls act aloof in your presence even going as far as eyeballing you in a mean way to protect their ego?

if you are goodlooking some guys will comment on it, too not a girl necessarily but youll know by how guys threat you either they hate you or love you for no reason by your presence only by the way its a bad idea to front on guys cuss theyll rip your ego apart just act cool among guys theyll hate alrite but once they know you theyll wana hang out with you cuss you bring them lady luck too there'll still be a lil jealosuy but nothing extreme as b4 . girls wont tell you to your face in most cases if your good looking.
if you are really good looking then its best you compliment your friends often like hey that girl is checking you out make them feel a little good about themselves too like hey i love what your wearing etc but dont do it often complimenting them will make your friends reduce the hate and jealousy infact dont out dress them cuss your looks are already there :crackup: . no matter what youll still get more attention .
some guys hide behinde the im too good looking stuff thats why i suck at women in most cases these guys arnt as hot as they think they are.
but i still think good looking guys have it a lil rough attimes because females throw allota curve balls there way, it aint easy for them all like you guys think girls show them attention but thats where it ends and play alotta mind games cuss they are insecure.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by skeeloo
i agree most guys that say they are really good looking might not be i mean look at the too good looking thread. most guys there arnt as good looking as they claim to be ,infact its funny they are average at most dont get me wrong but not that level that girls will fall on ya knees or something.

you dont wake up oneday and im too goodlooking reocurring things make you come to the conclusion that your are good looking
do girls stare at you often?
do you get that look from some girls like they cant help but smile when they see you walk by?

wana know if your goodlooking? at the clubs stand by yourself and see if ladies swin within your space. in some cases theyll go as far as asking for a lighter or anything like that.
i noticed that looks dont mean **** without the right attitude that i learned oneday when at the club and this handsome guy lets say a 9(no homo) was macking on this chick and she kept rejecting him cuss he was acting like a dog chasing a bone in other words afc. and the same girl came to me and ask me to dance 10 mins later, i was like wtf im not nearly as good looking as that guy infact i stopped dancing and she kept looking for me all nitgh in the club i was like wtf did i do right lol.
do you sometimes feel like all eyes are on you at some certain point in a bar or club?

do you get regular glances from girls?

do girls act aloof in your presence even going as far as eyeballing you in a mean way to protect their ego?

if you are goodlooking some guys will comment on it, too not a girl necessarily but youll know by how guys threat you either they hate you or love you for no reason by your presence only by the way its a bad idea to front on guys cuss theyll rip your ego apart just act cool among guys theyll hate alrite but once they know you theyll wana hang out with you cuss you bring them lady luck too there'll still be a lil jealosuy but nothing extreme as b4 . girls wont tell you to your face in most cases if your good looking.
if you are really good looking then its best you compliment your friends often like hey that girl is checking you out make them feel a little good about themselves too like hey i love what your wearing etc but dont do it often complimenting them will make your friends reduce the hate and jealousy infact dont out dress them cuss your looks are already there :crackup: . no matter what youll still get more attention .
some guys hide behinde the im too good looking stuff thats why i suck at women in most cases these guys arnt as hot as they think they are.
but i still think good looking guys have it a lil rough attimes because females throw allota curve balls there way, it aint easy for them all like you guys think girls show them attention but thats where it ends and play alotta mind games cuss they are insecure.
Hard to read, but pretty accurate.

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yea sorry about that my typing skills suck, im trying to improve.

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is your definition of good looking? Some people think that troll Justin Timberlake is good looking, when he really isn't.

Every guy has some sort of ego, so of course he is going to say he's good looking. I don't understand how by posting a picture, it will be determined if he is good looking or not?

I met a girl off of myspace with 10,000 friends. She looked super sexy in her pictures--but in person, she was a train wreck (huge tall, kankles, and a huge nose). I was shocked to say the least.

So what is good looking?

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by skeeloo
yea sorry about that my typing skills suck, im trying to improve.
No prob man, I still understood what your saying. Good post man!

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

I have 2 scenarios for that.

Either, they aren't good-looking (or they are in their mom's eyes).

Or they're like SUPER knowledgable sales guys, who can't close the prospect. You know the type who knows the product inside and out, can tell you all about it, it sounds so good you want to buy it JUST because it sounds like a great value, but THEY NEVER CLOSE THE DEAL.

I'd call those guys the 'techies.' They do all they can to improve themselves, work on their inner game, look good, spend loads of dough, but in the end, if you don't close, it's all for naught.

----------------------------------

Looks are in the eye of the beholder anyways. Guys say girls want one thing, but do another. They 'claim' to want Calvin Klein models, studs, duds, and pretty boys. Yet, all girls I've known said they'd rather a 'thick football type' or a 'guy who is good with his hands, handy and trustworthy.' Makes sense.

They like a guy that cleans up, somewhat nice, can be presentable at gatherings, but can be a guy, get down in the trenches, fix things, save them, protect the household. Looks pale in comparison to the ability to survive, since that's what men are sought for anyways.

A-Unit

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people think that troll Justin Timberlake is good looking, when he really isn't.
Damn, and i was told i looked like him (which i dont think i do) a few days ago and other times besides, esp when im wearing a beanie hat! :p

Also been told i look like orlando bloom!:rolleyes:

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm confident enough to say I'm good looking and get enough feedback from people to believe it.

However, you guys are right that looks don't count for everything, or even close. In fact, looks account only for short term attraction and majority of my relationships have been short term (not by my choice). Sure, the girls would be all over me and chasing me to begin with, but as soon as the challenge was over, I was done with.

I also get perceived as fling material. Women approach me and sometimes even propose the idea of one night stands. I get married women or in relationships who want to experiment, and I seem to be the guy they turn to. I get really shallow compliments all the time too (about my looks, ass, chest etc) and after a while they sound more like insults than compliments. They may as well just say "I'd fvck you, but don't get too attached".

Things have improved a lot over the past months in this respect, since I've developed a more attractive and confident personality. But my looks alone have never helped me maintain interest.

Socialreject

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh.. what IS good looking?

Can anyone really rate that? Objectivly?

I mean sure.. There is a science that determines good looks. It's even measurable! The distance between your upper lip and nose, the distance between your eyes, the angle between the tip of your nose and your upper lip, the angle between your lower lip and your chin etc etc...

I've seen pictures of people who would in this aspect be perfect 10's. They have all the right aspects and rations. But still i have seen women who i found MORE attracktive than those perfect 10's. Eventhough if you'd take measurements the charts would say they are less than perfect.

So what gives? I have had looks from HOT women, really daunting looks. On the other hand i have approached much less attracktive women who were totally not physically attrackted to me. Judging looks is like judging cleavage... some poeple like it this way, others like it that way...

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re:

Originally posted by A-Unit
I have 2 scenarios for that.

Either, they aren't good-looking (or they are in their mom's eyes).

Or they're like SUPER knowledgable sales guys, who can't close the prospect. You know the type who knows the product inside and out, can tell you all about it, it sounds so good you want to buy it JUST because it sounds like a great value, but THEY NEVER CLOSE THE DEAL.

I'd call those guys the 'techies.' They do all they can to improve themselves, work on their inner game, look good, spend loads of dough, but in the end, if you don't close, it's all for naught.

A-Unit
whats the reason for them not closing the deal??

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Something that keeps being mentioned is the "pretty boy". The guy with a spotless face, wavy blonde/brown hair, etc. Since we're guys, we see this as good-looking because its feminine. But is that what women think?

My point was that any good-looking guy should have very little difficulty getting that initial attraction. What happens after is up to your personality, but I have NEVER see a good-looking guy with a normal personality fail to get at least 1 number in a party/gathering of a few dozen single women.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

whats the reason for them not closing the deal??
Any host of reasons. A decent-looking guy is no different than a 'dumb blonde' or a hot, empty, vapid girl. Guys put beautiful girls on pedastals, but don't realize most of them aren't worth the crap they're wearing. More time and money goes into their looks, than it does their head, their talent, or their feminity.

Sexuality is being confused with feminity. And hot girls make this mistake with all their sleazy shirts and skanky clothes.

The same applies to guys who bolster their own looks, but do nothing for their sense of manhood. And manhood isn't based on the look of the body, but the utility of it.

And just because a girl claims someone looks like a model, or is hot, doesn't mean they'd F* him. Lots of girls claim nice guys are 'great relationship material,' but do those guys ever get laid?? Do they ever get the relationship??

This isn't to say BEING good looking is a curse, or dressing up should be shunned for being some clod, or some animal. And the poster's intention was to highlight how some guys think their own looks carry the day. They don't.

------------------------------

It's an attitude. A lifestyle. A way of life. Looks are well an nice, but most guys here would admit, average looks and stellar charisma, people skills, and the ability to think quick, will score most babes.

Looks don't make her feel anything, unless she has you embedded in her mind as the guy with all the perfect features. Maybe it's broad shoulders. Or a thick frame. Or facial hair. All girl's have types, but a hot short guy would lose out to an average 6'5" guy by a woman who seeks really talk guys.

It's the emotion of it. THEN women justify it by thinking. But underneath, they're already programmed. They just respond afterwards.

-------------------------

This is why I say, I lift for me. The motivation is nice to do it for women, or feel confident to be hot at the beach. But social proof is fanciful and whimsical. Your sense of self is tied to the masses, and that means you have no sense of being.

Besides, looks don't control a relationship, don't make her feel anything, don't come up with dates, don't handle problems that arise, don't talk dirty in bed, don't write romantic verses, don't issue a toast at your buddy's wedding, and don't score big dollars when the sale is on the line.

A-Unit

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you can judge your looks based on the way the girls that have shown interest in you looked. Were the girls that showed interest in you attractive or were they average or below average? If hot girls show interest in you and really seem to notice you then you're probably a hot guy. If the hot girls ignore you and the average looking girls show alot of interest than you're probably just average looking. Average girls show interest in you because they feel that they are in your league, which makes you average looking.

SAYNO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies
Something that keeps being mentioned is the "pretty boy". The guy with a spotless face, wavy blonde/brown hair, etc. Since we're guys, we see this as good-looking because its feminine. But is that what women think?

My point was that any good-looking guy should have very little difficulty getting that initial attraction. What happens after is up to your personality, but I have NEVER see a good-looking guy with a normal personality fail to get at least 1 number in a party/gathering of a few dozen single women.

Do girls stare at you often?

Yes!

Do you get that look from some girls like they cant help but smile
when they see you walk by?

Yes!

Do you get regular glances from girls?

Yes!

Do girls act aloof in your presence even going as far as eyeballing you in a mean way to protect their ego?

Nope!

I remember before i got married me and a friend of mine could go just anywhere, any night-club, mall or whatever and come out with at least 10-13 numbers. We did this sh*t like clockwork.

I'm not a greek god's either, but i've been told on numerous occasions that I'm very handsome.

But one thing i learned through it all is that so called pretty boys have trouble is because they rely on their looks too much, "most" have weak game, period!

Sayno'

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re:

Originally posted by A-Unit

All girl's have types, but a hot short guy would lose out to an average 6'5" guy by a woman who seeks really talk guys.

i don't know any girl that would pick a average 6'5" over a HOT 5'8 guy... if by short, you mean less than 5'5 *maybe* half of the girls would choose the tall one, but as long as it's not a tall against midget, it's ok

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

I dropped that to say people have types.

Guys here like all types of girls, right?

Maybe a skinny cute girl catches your eye, just right, but you're into a girl with hips and swager. Some boobs would be nice, too. In the S/T, you'll be into her, but in the long-run we have a paradigm upon which we base our attraction which is SUBCONSIOUSLY embedded during our formative years.

I dated a very attractive, super skinny blonde. Think size zero. Everything was super petite. And while it was fun, and the sex was good, it wasn't all there. Hence the quick hookup.

A girl would be very attractive, and dig 'thick' construction guys, my friends fit this mold. They're not fat, they're not skinny. They're more like NFL linemen. Part of that is because women don't want guys skinnier than they are. Hence the lack of appeal for guys who are incredibly thin.

Again, you have to be who you are, no regrets. And regardless of how hot a girl is, she may or may not go for. Most of us have dated girls who didn't seem like our type.

I dated a HB10 (yes 10), up until this winter. She was more into the baggy clothes kick, the tims, the baggy jeans, sideways hats. She'd dress a little classy, but very risque at times. I'm the business-guy wearing suits, 25 to her 18, and you'd think I was her sugar daddy. The guys hitting on her likely would never expect I was behind the scene funking this little gem, but I was. Why we got together I don't know? She was hot, I had fun hanging, but our age gap was so big, and her background in life so far off from mine, it was like Tramp and the Gentleman. Fine while it lasted.

--------

Off topic though...

We all have types. Regardless of looks. I like the non-model looking type of girls, with curves and hips and all that that. I'm bigger in to Exotic women, particularly african-american, spanish, and curvy asians. Not singling out, but most american women are bytchy, and have plain bodies. I long for the days of Marilyn Monroe.

A-Unit