"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Titrating physical escalation? Need to Calibrate?

Knight of Roses

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 17, 2018
Messages
296
Reaction score
276
Age
40
So I've always kino escalated quickly and then moved to kiss close on first date. I usually believe in that the man pushes the envelope as far as he can go until the woman objects. In the last several months, there have been several first dates where this has occurred and while physical intimacy has happened on the first date, the girls end up ghosting me afterwards.

One of them in fact said something along the lines that while she had fun, my actions made her feel that all I wanted was playful interactions while she was looking for something more serious. (How going slow denotes a relationship while hooking up on the first date doesn't, is beyond me. But whatever). Regardless, the question is this:

Do most of you calibrate your escalation to what you feel the woman is or what she'd like or you just do you and if she digs it then good, and if not, then NEXT?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2018
Messages
1,573
Reaction score
3,272
Age
50
In the last several months, there have been several first dates where this has occurred and while physical intimacy has happened on the first date, the girls end up ghosting me afterwards.
How sure are you that the fact that you had intimacy on the first date is the sole reason for their ghosting, as opposed to a number of other factors including how they liked or didn't like the s*x, your communication, etc?
 

sazc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
3,402
So I've always kino escalated quickly and then moved to kiss close on first date. I usually believe in that the man pushes the envelope as far as he can go until the woman objects. In the last several months, there have been several first dates where this has occurred and while physical intimacy has happened on the first date, the girls end up ghosting me afterwards.

One of them in fact said something along the lines that while she had fun, my actions made her feel that all I wanted was playful interactions while she was looking for something more serious. (How going slow denotes a relationship while hooking up on the first date doesn't, is beyond me. But whatever). Regardless, the question is this:

Do most of you calibrate your escalation to what you feel the woman is or what she'd like or you just do you and if she digs it then good, and if not, then NEXT?
For the women you are describing, it may be that going slow allows the woman to build trust for you and slowly be vulnerable with you so she can see if you will be a good steward of that vulnerability. For this same woman, hooking up too soon forces a state of vulnerability, and that causes distress, dis ease and anxiety. Vulnerability has been laid bare, there's no slowing the pace at this point, if you ultimately are not a good steward of her feelings she will be hurt and feel as if she not only made a bad choice, but had, yet another, pointless d1ck inside of her (a mistake). She can't un ring that bell so it's easier to run away from that.
 
Last edited:

Knight of Roses

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 17, 2018
Messages
296
Reaction score
276
Age
40
For the women you are describing, it may be that going slow allows the woman to build trust for you and slowly be vulnerable with you so she can see if you will be a good steward of that vulnerability. For this same woman, hooking up too soon forces a state of vulnerability, and that causes distress, dis ease and anxiety. Vulnerability has been laid bare, there's no slowing the pace at this point, if you ultimately are not a good steward of her feelings she will be hurt and feel as if she not only made a bad choice, but had, yet another, pointless d1ck inside of her (a mistake). She can't un ring that bell so it's easier to run away from that.
So then what to do? Because when I try to got a bit slow, I feel it ends up being awkward towards the end.
 

Knight of Roses

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 17, 2018
Messages
296
Reaction score
276
Age
40
How sure are you that the fact that you had intimacy on the first date is the sole reason for their ghosting, as opposed to a number of other factors including how they liked or didn't like the s*x, your communication, etc?
Entirely possible, but the fact that it leads to that point is usually an indication that the chemistry and other attraction criteria went smoothly to end in intimacy. And I been around the block enough to feel that my skills shouldn't be an issue.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 3, 2015
Messages
1,115
Reaction score
2,139
Just skip the kiss and get her home.

Also disqualify yourself from being bf material hard. Two different sets of rules for different guys. Your signal is getting mixed somewhere--might be being too much of a 'catch.' Try backing off that a little and do some harder pushes.
 

sazc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
3,402
So then what to do? Because when I try to got a bit slow, I feel it ends up being awkward towards the end.
Honestly....know that this outcome is part of your dating scenario and prepare for it?

I'm the other end. I don't go fast, so I end up losing people too, when they see my lack of putting out quickly as "she's not interested" - which isn't the case. I've just learned to understand that we are mis match when it comes to dating, sexual progression, etc. Sometimes you just understand "it is what it is" and continue on.
 

backseatjuan

Banned
Joined
Nov 2, 2011
Messages
4,441
Reaction score
1,651
Age
45
Location
Россия
Do most of you calibrate your escalation to what you feel the woman is or what she'd like or you just do you and if she digs it then good, and if not, then NEXT?
I wish I'd be like you, I'd spend less on dates if I was. Why don't you try no physical escalation what so ever on first date, just enough verbal to let her know you're interested. Generally, even if I bring her home with me for some wine, I don't touch her on first date. Then I don't call or text her either for several days.

But honestly man, why would you want something more than sex?
 

MillionBillionaire

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 24, 2013
Messages
953
Reaction score
447
Age
41
Location
Minnesota
So I've always kino escalated quickly and then moved to kiss close on first date. I usually believe in that the man pushes the envelope as far as he can go until the woman objects. In the last several months, there have been several first dates where this has occurred and while physical intimacy has happened on the first date, the girls end up ghosting me afterwards.

One of them in fact said something along the lines that while she had fun, my actions made her feel that all I wanted was playful interactions while she was looking for something more serious. (How going slow denotes a relationship while hooking up on the first date doesn't, is beyond me. But whatever). Regardless, the question is this:

Do most of you calibrate your escalation to what you feel the woman is or what she'd like or you just do you and if she digs it then good, and if not, then NEXT?
You need to read "The Art of Seduction" by Robert Greene

Never be overt in showing your interest. You need to build tension.
 
Top