Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tissue in hand torn; need help developing a workout plan while it heals.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To make a long story short, on my very last day of my ski trip I got a little too agressive with a double black (well, by that resort's standards - elsewhere it probably would have been a single) and got a 'skier's thumb', which means that the ulnar collateral ligament was torn. As a result of this my right hand is in a molded hand brace which prevents the thumb from moving (though I can still obviously type since that only requires it hit the space bar).

Anyway, I don't want to let this injury retard my progress more than it already has. I haven't ever suffered an injury like this and was hoping that some of you might have ideas which I could put to use regarding how I can continue to train, such as what exercises would be most beneficial to my gains while at the same time letting my hand heal up. Any input would be well appreciated.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What exercises can you do without causing any pain?

I'm guessing leg presses and some sort of hammer squat

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you can Leg Press or Hammer Squat

Lat pull over, most gyms have these and you can perform them without the use of your hand,http://www.leeapperson.com/bookone/pullover2.jpg

and use the Pec Deck machine (also can be used without hands)

Then i can setup you up with a good routine that you'll make good gains on

pm me though i don't want to confuse people here.

Call_Me_Daddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd be careful with it and let it heal properly. Maybe you can do leg presses, back extensions (Can you do pushups? Even on your wrists if possible?). Abs deffinetly.

And maybe if you get some sort of wrist straps that you can attach just to your wrists. So you can do some light deadlifts and maybe curls. Just for maintenance until it heals.