Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tired of being thin....

FLstud83

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 6'3 and currently weigh around 150 pounds, although about a month ago I had gotten up to 160. I don't have any eating disorders or anything like that and I have been lifting weights but I lost 10 pounds in a matter of a week it seemed because I wasn't taking in as many calories (due to not being able to afford to eat as often, which is the only way I gain weight). It's really frustrating that if I don't eat as much for a few days I start losing whatever weight I've gained. I have somewhat broad shoulders and feel like I should be anywhere from 180 to 200 pounds. When I look at my frame, I see that I do have some definition but I'm so tall and lanky that it's really hard to tell because I'm toned but my muscles aren't big. People say I should eat more and that I'm too skinny for my height and I get so sick of hearing it. I just know I'd be a lot more impressive looking if I had another 30 pounds on me and would feel a lot better about myself and could entice a lot more women in the process. I've been going to the gym but it's like my metabolism disallows me to see the kind of results that shorter/stockier guys get quickly. What is a good plan for me? Any opinions or personal experience that you guys can relate to me?

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a friend that i have trained since he weighed 137, he is now 161 in about 11 months without gaining and fat really. Its hard for him to gain weight, unlike me :D But all he needs to do is eat big, otherwise lackluster results

What you need to do is get money to eat. I don't know your living condition but maybe a couple little sacrifices here and there would do the trick. But if you want to gain weight than you need to eat and there is NO WAY around it.

Also about losing 10 lbs in a week i HIGHLY DOUBT THAT. Don't forget there are such things as water weight and other variety of reasons for bodily weight change. Also If you had eaten recently or even taking a $hit. If i were you, I wouldn't rely on a scale, but how your clothes fit -- You will know you are gaining weight when you feel your bicept busting through your shirt, pants getting tight and your boxers uncomfortable around your thighs. Weigh yourself once a month.

Here is a basic diet that works effectively

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134782

How does your workout routine look?

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
I love that feeling.
haha yeah i have a retarded story about that. I once cut where the boxers where so tight on me (being the cheap a$$ i am) and i did a deep squat only to hear a tremendously loud ripping sound all the way up my leg. And my friends laughed at me. The end :cool:

gtownjuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I-tallionStallion said:
haha yeah i have a retarded story about that. I once cut where the boxers where so tight on me (being the cheap a$$ i am) and i did a deep squat only to hear a tremendously loud ripping sound all the way up my leg. And my friends laughed at me. The end :cool:
i gotta use a post for this one.

rofl

FLstud83

Don Juan
Reaction score
my workout has consisted of doing both upper and lower body exercises on machines. 2-3 sets (Leg Press), 2-3 sets (calf extentions), 2-3 sets (military press), 2-3 sets (lat pull-downs), 4 sets (chest press), 2-3 sets (seated row). My workout generally takes about 30 mins., sometimes just under. Am I not doing the right exercises or just not training with enough intensity?

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would a newbie use a routine you designed yourself when a professional (not a personal trainer) would do it 1000 times better?

The "were to start" thread by EFFORT has 2 great ones. I like option B

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to be like you (6'4, 160), but i gained 15 lbs at first when i started working out more consistently. Since Aug ive been eating tons, taking protein and a plethora of other goodies and ive gotten up to 200. People have told me that im pretty big, but i still have 25-30lbs to go until i start to cut. Just eat a ton of food and lift heavy.

FLstud83

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, man....I'm 6'3 and a half and was 160 about a month ago (now I'm between 150 and 155) so you were almost exactly the same size as me. I'm glad to hear you've managed to see the results you were aiming for and that it can actually be done. So you've gained 40 pounds in 9 months? That's really amazing....what sort of foods do you eat specifically? Anything and everything? Just curious because I'm thinking whatever worked for you will most likely do the same for me. My ideal weight is somewhere around 190 so I want to keep a somewhat lean frame, just not quite the lean machine I am at the moment.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oakraiderz2 said:
Since Aug ive been eating tons, taking protein and a plethora of other goodies and ive gotten up to 200...Just eat a ton of food and lift heavy.
use the basic diet structure link i gave you. He will probably will tell you what everyone else will tell you, beef, chicken, fish, potatoes, brown rice, sausage, pork, veggies, fruit, eggs, milk, whey...etc.

The two workouts EFFORT has in the vault target basically the whole body and will in essence make you bigger and stronger. The exercises you listed are not enough. You need squats, deadlifts, incline bench. FREE WEIGHTS...not machines. Not all machines are bad but lets face it, they are for grandmas and hot chicks...and uh...and a lot of ugly ones too haha

Do you know the benefits of training with free weights? If not, look it up! Click on the Vault on the top of the H&F section and look around at all the amazing posts. Tons of excellent information. Although i will say stay away from Diesils workout guide.

Start a journal on here and we will all help you. There are several very knowledgeable people on here.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FLstud83 said:
yeah, man....I'm 6'3 and a half and was 160 about a month ago (now I'm between 150 and 155) so you were almost exactly the same size as me. I'm glad to hear you've managed to see the results you were aiming for and that it can actually be done. So you've gained 40 pounds in 9 months? That's really amazing....what sort of foods do you eat specifically? Anything and everything? Just curious because I'm thinking whatever worked for you will most likely do the same for me. My ideal weight is somewhere around 190 so I want to keep a somewhat lean frame, just not quite the lean machine I am at the moment.
I was 165 when i graduated hs, which was 4 years ago, until about 2.5 years ago. I kept liftin and got to 170, but i didnt eat nearly enough...and i smoked :down: . Last summer i had hand surgery and couldnt do anything for 3 months and got up to 175 and had more body fat than one would want. The last 9 months ive been eating chicken, tuna, eggs, beef, pasta, veggies and drinking protein shakes. Im still really lean, but i think my BF% is 13 or 14. My biggest problem was that i didnt start doing squats or deadlifts until feb. Since then i KNOW ive gotten bigger, my pants are a lot more snug than they used to be. After a while youll be hungry every couple of hours and youll stuff your face.