Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tips on Social Progress: A Discussion Topic

Jack McCrack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll keep this short and sweet

Feeling down? Not getting what you want out of life?

People bugging the **** out of you? Causing you grief?

Well here's how the old system goes. Since the down of time those at the bottom rise and become those at the top. It's no secret.

That douchebag with 5 girlfriends who treats everyone like ****? He's a target. That guy with lots of money, lots of friends, and a nice car? He's a target. That old lady slowly crossing the street? She's a target. Just kidding.

What I'm trying to say is, to rise to the top you must defeat those who currently hold the position. To be the champ you must BEAT the defending champ, and so on.

It's time the douchebags got what they deserved. Shouldn't you?

Play the Game

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, i would ague for going to the gym and self improvement to accomplish that... but hell in colorado you guys just shoot up the school right?

dynamicallyidle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jack McCrack said:
I'll keep this short and sweet

Feeling down? Not getting what you want out of life?

People bugging the **** out of you? Causing you grief?

Well here's how the old system goes. Since the down of time those at the bottom rise and become those at the top. It's no secret.

That douchebag with 5 girlfriends who treats everyone like ****? He's a target. That guy with lots of money, lots of friends, and a nice car? He's a target. That old lady slowly crossing the street? She's a target. Just kidding.

What I'm trying to say is, to rise to the top you must defeat those who currently hold the position. To be the champ you must BEAT the defending champ, and so on.

It's time the douchebags got what they deserved. Shouldn't you?
i think there is defeating to be done - yourself. your inner fears. your negative restrictive beliefs.

girls are generally NOT attracted to the types who try to "win" every social situation. they can smell it from a mile away - the try-hard.

the people who win in social situations do so not through competitiveness, but through enthusiasm, energy, and belief in themselves, and more importantly, the people around them.

danielzxc

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, to move up you at least have to replace those currently better than you -- we can't all be top dogs. In some sense, then, to replace those above you can be called "defeating" them.

I think some people don't like the idea of social competition because "competition" means someone has to lose and they are afraid THEY will be the ones to lose. However, if someone is above you and you don't even TRY to rise above them, then you "lose" anyway.

dynamicallyidle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
danielzxc said:
Well, to move up you at least have to replace those currently better than you -- we can't all be top dogs. In some sense, then, to replace those above you can be called "defeating" them.

I think some people don't like the idea of social competition because "competition" means someone has to lose and they are afraid THEY will be the ones to lose. However, if someone is above you and you don't even TRY to rise above them, then you "lose" anyway.
i have to disagree.

you become the best socializer by COOPERATING with as many people as possible, i.e. getting them onto your side. this is contrary to the idea of "defeating" them.

this is simplifying the issue a little because you CAN "defeat" someone when competing for a girl etc. but even when you do, you have to come off as being the better COOPERATOR. you can bust out more crude AMOG tactics and diss your competition every once in a while. but if you lived your life trying to "dominate" your social competition in this way, you will NOT get far in your social life.

Jack McCrack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
there's a difference between being so owtwardly competitive that it's annoying (aka an ass)

and there's being inwardly competitive (aka inner game), which is what this topic is about.

(the correct spelling of owtward is a cuss word apparently)

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only competition is you. You don't have to defeat anyone. You make your own place by being the best you you can be (even if that sounds cliche). Since you're the only you, there aren't any challengers.

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Play the Game said:
Well, i would ague for going to the gym and self improvement to accomplish that... but hell in colorado you guys just shoot up the school right?

Haha, that's right!

I swear, sometimes I think the state flag ought to have a snowboard, a shotgun, and a pot leaf on it.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless you become dictator of the universe, there will ALWAYS be someone better than you.