"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

Tips for Talking Clearly?

i am me

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 18, 2004
Messages
885
Reaction score
1
Does anyone have any tips/advice for talking loud and clear? I know it sounds stupid but for some reason, sometimes I have trouble with people understanding what I'm saying. Please help out
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

rappermas

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 24, 2004
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Colorado, USA
1) Pinch your nose and say "this is my nose."

2) Touch your mouth and say "this is my mouth."

3) Touch your throat and say "this is my throat."

4) Put your hand over your chest and say "this is my chest."

5) Put your hand on your stomach and say "this is my stomach."


See the difference at each stage? The sound becomes deeper, clearer, and louder as you go down. Practice talking like your hand is over your stomach. With practice, this will become the way you naturally talk.
 

whoami

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 7, 2003
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
Age
45
rapper mas has given good tip...

simple things about talking
1. pronounce each word clearly... like each and every letter...
ie chocolate as choc-o-late
2. speak slowly... take a newspaper and start giving news ;), try to speak slowly n tip no 1
3. do u have any favorite sport? like soccer or baseball... then just mute your tv and provide live commentary youself...
4. record your voice while using all these tips..
5. wash, rinse repeat...
WhoAmI
 

johnny_chase

Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
139
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
CANADA, EH?
do a forum search, there was a topic about this three days ago

GO READ THE BIBLE
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Joined
Sep 28, 2001
Messages
163
Reaction score
0
Location
MI, USA
Tips for talking clearly.

1) I still get tripped up on this one. Hey, tonight I couldn't put two words together.

Know why? I was performing for some friends, and was nervous. I really hadn't planned on performing, and I was put on a spur of the moment notice. I came up with something basic to talk about, based loosely on a script that I had created a few days ago, but is currently undergoing major changes. I couldn't remember my lines, I was nervous, and I flubbed.

Here is how I avoid these types of situations.

1) I could have planned this better. I could have started writing the script earlier on. I am supposed to have costumes and props for the presentation, but since I didn't plan on performing, I didn't feel it was necessary. So, here I am describing the character and some very loose ideas from a non finished script, which is enough to make a LOT of people nervous.

2) When I am nervous, I become very hyper. A combination of nerves and the rate of speed which I talk when I am interested in an idea creates the problem where I can't speak well. I also think too quickly, and then, at times, can't get my ideas out fast enough. Again, this will be fixed with the more public appearances that I do.

Another solution is to think before you speak. Putting it into a full, planned sentence before I speak usually seems to work. I am more quiet, I have more time to think before I react, and I'm less stressed as a result. I reply with a simple yes or no, or "let me think about that." You also learn to avoid saying things you will regret, at least more often.

3) VIP's. On occasion, when I know that I am going to be filmed, or when someone that I deem important will be seeing my act, I am nervous. It happens to a lot of people. The only way to fix that is to perform for more VIP's, and to perform on camera more often. Get to know everyone. Usually, they're actually pretty cool people and seem very down to Earth.

I was performing for a large group of people who have been professionals for years. Even though I've gotten to know them, I admit I get nervous talking in front of them. You're talking to pros. I am not a pro... yet... I'm a "kid" trying to talk about his ideas to seasoned professionals. It's nerve racking... but the way to fix it is to keep doing it. Keep performing, and the advice you get will make you better. The ideas you get will help you improve. That being said, people mess up.

Hey. It happens.

But you know, the more I learn, the better I become...
 
Top