Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tips for engaging in "small-talk" with total strangers?

DastardlyDan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Talking with total strangers, mainly girls who are sending eye contact and smiles toward you, can be akward, like when she's with a group of friends, none of whom you know. Sometimes, it makes it harder when she isn't at a place that reflects her interests, like at a grocery store. What's the best way to make an approach and strike up a conversation in that situation, like when the only thing you can tell is that she has a nice smile?

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can always see that she has more than a nice smile. You can say something about what she is wearing or how she looks, that simple. Or you can "bring her into your world" and make an observation abot your surroundings or state an opinion and start talking to her.

Or there's the universal opener. (Hi) I know it sounds hard but you and I both need to just ut fear behind us and do this... Whattya say?>

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the best way to do this is observe your surroundings. Forget about her and the way she looks or what she's wearing. Look around!

A picture is worth a 1000 words. Well pictures are 2 dimensional. So if your actually standing there in real (3 dimensional) life, there must be a million things to talk about.

Your in a grocery store. There are thousands of products on the shelves pick one and ask her if she's ever tried it.

Bungo Pony

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slickster's dead on. Observing your surroundings is the best way to strike up a conversation with anybody. I think it was SexPDX who said to make a comment about things that are "out of place" or unusual. Make comments about things that are in the wrong place at grocery stores (ie box of cat food in the mixed vegetables section). Being observant about her is also very good. Women like to wear unique things to get noticed, so let them know that you notice their unique clothes/jewelry/hair color/etc.

If you really want to start this off, try initiating conversations with guys. After you've had the practice, move your way onto women.

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I have often heard that being observant is a good idea. If I list a few common situations where I see girls can you tell me some things to look out for to observe for and comment on:

Waiting for a train
On a train
In the mall or a bookstore
In a coffee shop
Walking in the street

I have tried compliment openers such as that is a glamorous pair of shoes where did you get them from? and they do not seem to work very well.

Similarly polite, honest openers like, Sorry but I couldn't help but notice you what is your name? What do you think of these?

Why do I make it so hard. I have a fantastic body, reasonable looks, and wealth, but at 19 I still have had very little success with women.

isotope

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
say something open ended like

Hi, whats your name?
How is your day going?

ideally she will give you some topic to spin off.

and most importantly STOP CARING. dont expect your first time, or dozen times, to end in a storybook perfect ending. Just say some crap to start a conversation, and if it works, cool. If not, who cares, you will never see her again.
learn what works, what are goo dquestions ingeneral.

There will always be girls who just dont feel like telling you about their day, so like theres no Universal line.