Tips for dominating college from day 1?

Exhumed

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm leaving for college the 28th...summer semester, then i have a week off then right into Fall. I'm 18, virgin, but my social skills and appearance have improved tremendously.

So does anyone have tips for college game? Especially tips for what I should do beforehand or right when I get there to ensure epic success? Where to go, what to join, who to associate with, etc?

Last edited:

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be unpredictable... Join random ****, talk to everyone, etc etc

This guy I know dominated from the second he walked into the dorms. He'd be coming home wearing the most ridiculous **** from salvation army, holding out his camera near his crotch taking surprise pictures of everyone ("crotch-eye-view") going to 5$ shows just because the band name sounded cool, accessorizing with "bling bling" from the dollar store, etc etc

The thing that will set you apart will be your role as a "doer." For some reason when you get a bunch of freshmen together they're scared of this new situation, being surrounded by hundreds of new people. Everyone will be trying to define themselves through words -- telling everyone what their interests are, looking for people who like the same bands, etc etc... Desperately trying to get a sense of identity. F that. Lead people, do things, don't just talk.

If your college is somewhere new, it's as easy as introducing yourself to a handful of people next to you, chatting a bit, and then being like "hey guys let's explore, I want to know what's in that direction" or "I found this shady store downtown let's go on an adventure." At the beginning of college everyone's excited to be on their own, and people are open to just about anything, so take that chance to be a leader.

TheSplat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^^^ this.

Also, rush. But don't join a fraternity. Just meet all the guys and be cool so you can get into all the parties on any given night. College is a great time, so have fun and relax.

ChalengeGuyFan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, be the one who gathers people to an event!

Invite the mates (boys and girls) to have a drink and have fun at your room or at a bar, invite the guys to play a team game (football, soccer, anything team oriented where you don't suck)

Man, how I wish I restarted college and not in my home town... :rolleyes:

Exhumed

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My friends say I'm a "doer" now, and they often prefer to just "chill"...but I don't usually organize things. Not that I couldn't. I have, and will...so yes indeed, good advice...except chalengeguyfan, um I'll be a freshman so I can't invite people out to a bar...and I suck at most sports :) but the concept still applies I suppose...I could get a big group and go to the hookah bar, or just get a few people to toss around a football.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Get involved in a sport, any sport if you can. Even if you are not the best at it, you still will have an edge over the non-athletic guys. Plus it gets you in the jock/cheerleader/popular clique. I know that sounds like high school advice, but it still holds true in college. Jocks will always get girls. This is coming from a non-athletic nerd who got no action, yet saw the girls hang around any guy with a sports team uniform.

Lastly, I want to echo the other posters comments about being very outgoing and social right away. College is very cliquey and the cliques form VERY quickly. You can't be shy for a semester and then try to come out of your shell and recover later. You'll be written off as uncool, perhaps irreversibly so. Begin being friendly and social from day one. First impressions are key. Good luck to you man and have fun.

ElGuapo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
Get involved in a sport, any sport if you can. Even if you are not the best at it, you still will have an edge over the non-athletic guys. Plus it gets you in the jock/cheerleader/popular clique. I know that sounds like high school advice, but it still holds true in college. Jocks will always get girls. This is coming from a non-athletic nerd who got no action, yet saw the girls hang around any guy with a sports team uniform.

Lastly, I want to echo the other posters comments about being very outgoing and social right away. College is very cliquey and the cliques form VERY quickly. You can't be shy for a semester and then try to come out of your shell and recover later. You'll be written off as uncool, perhaps irreversibly so. Begin being friendly and social from day one. First impressions are key. Good luck to you man and have fun.
About it being cliquey, it probably depends on how big the college is. There are some schools with 50,000+ students. So while you may get written off by some folks, the majority of students at that school have no clue who you are. So it should be possible to change your image over night.

Exhumed

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:

Fine, maybe soccer or ultimate frisbee then...I definitely plan to keep a consistent lifting schedule, maybe I'll get a more athletic lifting buddy and get into that circle...I'm unathletic but I've been lifting lately and trying to get into shape.

One other thing, I'd kill myself if I only had cheerleaders to choose from...I need a chick who likes loud music and doesn't shy away from sex if I'm going to enter a LTR, so I can't alienate them. :cool:

EDIT: Yep 40,000 students ElGuapo, so maybe his advice doesn't apply so much :) And on second thought maybe if I just start pickup football/soccer/ultimate games amongst my floor and do some lifting I'll be fine, joining a sport to meet alpha dudes is probably a waste of my time...if I'm confident and active and good socially people will probably respect me.

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
intermural sports teams with people from your dorm is the way to go. more fun and more casual if you aren't really into sports.

jogel13

Don Juan
Reaction score
Talk to girls in class. Knowing a girl from class that you see at a party that weekend = easy close.

"Hey! you're in my XXX class!" blah blah blah

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jogel13 said:
Talk to girls in class. Knowing a girl from class that you see at a party that weekend = easy close.

How do you find out about parties? I live off-campus and haven't been to a single college party for the year I've been going.

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jogel13 said:

yeah, best thing is you don't even need to know them, just poke fun at the prof or something and you're in a conversation immediately.

maxtro: talk to people in class, ask them what they're up to. If people are already in their tight little social groups by now maybe a club or two could help.

jogel13

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, making fun of the prof is the best... if you get a number, its easy to start a convo by saying like "i just saw prof xxx doing xxx... what a wierdo" or something

Furyguy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This guy I know dominated from the second he walked into the dorms. He'd be coming home wearing the most ridiculous **** from salvation army, holding out his camera near his crotch taking surprise pictures of everyone ("crotch-eye-view") going to 5$ shows just because the band name sounded cool, accessorizing with "bling bling" from the dollar store, etc etc

The thing that will set you apart will be your role as a "doer."

F that. Lead people, do things, don't just talk.
All of this is pretty much golden advice. Especially the doer part!! Come up with crazy ideas and invite everyone to come along. Even mundane ****. "Hey, we're going to the reptile shop down the street, come with us!" worked wonders for my buddies. Go look at the lizards. It beats chilling in the dorm or whatever stupid on-campus **** they'd be doing otherwise.

flint

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh man what an opportunity you've got! I wish I knew some of this advice I'm about to give you when I first stepped onto campus.

There are basically 2 things you need to do ensure success at college, and I learned these the hard way (took me three years to get it right!).

#1: Be very social and talk to everyone. I know that sounds oversimplified but let me explain.

For some reason most people think being around people they don't know is awkward, like when you're on an elevator or something. I don't know why but people do. Whenever you find yourself in situations like this, or if there's some stranger sitting next to you in class or something, talk to them! Be funny (if you can) and try and make friends with everyone, because eventually what happens is once the ladies see that everyone (even strangers) like being around you, they begin to find you very attractive.

#2: Do not underestimate this one, this is another one that took me a while to figure out. Choose your close friends at college wisely. What I mean by that is sure you want to basically be friendly and have fun with everyone, but your good friends that you're going to be hanging around with a lot need to be picked carefully. If you find yourself in a group of friends where you're the butt end of jokes all the time, or you don't get much respect that will kill you. But if your friends are loyal, trustworthy, and seem to look to you for direction, the girls will notice that too.

Hope that helps, and enjoy yourself!

GQ_Confidence_1

Don Juan
Reaction score
I improved a lot in college.

Highschool was a nightmare. I couldnt even make constant eye contact with a 7 or higher. Those were the "hot girls".

College is just rows and rows of p*ssy. P*ssy heaven.

-The trap to avoid. Don't be someone that you're not. It could take months or years to undo it. Don't waste all your time. Like on the first day, you're doing magic tricks or something, then thinking you have to do that for the rest of your time there.

The variety of women, talk to everyone. In my classes there were latina, black, persian (hot!), some middle eastern, some white, some blonde.

A sense of identity shows up as confidence. Thats something that I learned later. If you come out of a terrible highschool, you dont have much of an identity. Are you the smart kid from elementary school that had friends, or are you the loser that was in 11th grade english class? Your identity gets so screwed up in middle school/high school, esp if you didnt get with girls.

Girls pick up on a sense of identity. It's like independence. You're more spontaneous when you know who you are. You know what you'll do and don't do. That decisiveness translates to more confidence.

Much different than being an indecisive highschooler.

Kino, dont underestimate. Middle to late college is where I used it most, had the most fun. Kinoing girls in class. Touch her dam** it. ;) I kinoed girls I wouldnt have dreamed of in highschool.

Also, if you're talking to girls in class, or outside, its almost like automatic approval from her friend or friends nearby. That you're *ok*. Definitely noticed a difference in that vs highschool.

The school I went to had like...30,000 students? And half are women. And a good percentage of those are hot women.

I think a sense of identity gives you the biggest confidence though. I was still working on that. Now who would she rather hang out with....the guy that doesnt know himself, doesnt know what he likes, doesnt know where hes going afterwards....or the guy that does know? And if you add a little bit of game from this site, you should be able to turn girls on you wouldnt have dreamed of in highschool.

Exhumed

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Word. I'm definitely a unique guy and it does give me confidence to know who I am. And yeah no magic tricks for me, I'll learn concepts and kiss close lines and inner game but I'll never do some crazy routine or palm reading game or magic trick, it just doesn't fit my personality lol.

Are girls really that cliquey and unopen to meeting strangers? A skilled college dj should be able to break such walls...get our best scientists working on it!

Anyway I guess that just reiterates the importance of making a ton of friends during the first few weeks.

drak_ool

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok, I haven't read other pple's post so i might be repeating stuff...

Basically the number one thing is to talk to EVERYONE! Esp as an incoming freshman, you want to be seen as THE MAN to know on campus. It don't matter if they're girls or guys. You want to make 100 new friends a day. I would say that your social activity during your first year will establish pple's perception of you for your entire 4 years (depending on your school's size).

In the same time, realize that a lot of these pple are not really your friends (yet), and they have their own reasons to associate with you, so be careful for backstabbers and such. By that I mean be careful what you say in front of your newfound "friends", obv no mention of DJ techniques and so on, but be a little careful, you don't want nasty rumors spreading around you that will follow you for 4 years

good luck!