Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tips for breaking procrastination

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically what the title says

covid has made me procrastinate a lot ....i need to get sharp again and quickly

Who's got some advice ?

TheProspect

Reaction score
Short unhelpful answer:
There is no life hack to beating procrastination — it’s conquered by taking action NOW, not later. And the time is always NOW.

Longer, more helpful answer:
1A) Identify the task to be completed.

1B) If it’s a particularly complex or time consuming task, identify the next smallest actionable step you can take to achieving that task. Be specific and break the task down enough that the next actionable step is no more than a few minutes long.

2) Set aside a time period or exact time that you will initiate this next actionable step.

3) Take action.

A lot of time procrastination is a natural response to avoid a unpleasant experience or situation, or simply to avoid something you don’t want to or feel like doing, but need to get done anyway (homework or work deadlines).

Procrastination is also a consequence of feeling overwhelmed by the task at hand. This is mitigated by identify exactly needs to be done and breaking the task down enough into actionable steps where the next step is very doable, brief, and requires very little effort. Once you take action, no matter how small, you build a little momentum to keep going. If the task is longer, and you’ve eliminated all distractions, you can generally enter a productive flow state within 15 minutes

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Realize it is your brains way of attempting to force you to remain in the status quo. Choose not to and then take action. It really is that simple.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically what the title says

covid has made me procrastinate a lot ....i need to get sharp again and quickly

Who's got some advice ?
Look up the Art of Manliness podcast and search for a recent episode on the power of deadlines.

Modern Man Advice

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Long term procrastination is typically fear in an ego-disguise so you feel better about yourself

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ll write an answer for this but I’ve got a really interesting Wikipedia page to read for 4 hours.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fear can be a thing. You fear you will fail at a task so you don't start it. Often fears are hidden from ourselves ( but we do know we re just pretending we don't) and irrational. I ll post back a bit more detail when I have time

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What ever it is you think you need to do, just do it RIGHT NOW. And do it for the next thing and the next, that's how it's broken.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Procrastination has nothing to do with a man being lazy.

Procrastination has everything to do with a man’s emotions. When a man’s emotions are not right, he will procrastinate to no end. When a man is in a good place and his emotions are right, he will get things done.

Notice when a man comes home from a night out with his buddies, or after making with a hot date, or something good happens in his life, he is pumped up and can do anything? Laundry, dishes, work, go for run, he can do whatever. His emotions are in the right place, he is happy inside. But if a man‘s hot date goes wrong, or his buddies are all married and away, or he didn’t get the job, or whatever, his emotions are not right and he doesn’t feel like doing anything except feel sorry for himself.

Got to make sure your emotions are in check and all good at all times. Emotions, especially with women, will ruin a man‘s life. If a man thinks logically and does what’s best for him at all times, he can live a great life.

Come on men.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
My procrastination root cause is usually a fear that the task is more involved and will take much more time than I anticipate. It’s like I almost don’t even want to find out how time consuming it’s going to be.

The only decent “hack” I found is telling myself repeatedly “It’s not a big deal. It may take a while, but it’s not rocket science. It’s actually pretty easy.”

Even for the most difficult tasks, you have to convince yourself that it’s straightforward.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buy a daily planner. Write down the things you want to get done for any given day. They become much more manageable and easy to check off as you go, as opposed to when they're floating above your head like a cloud. (Also a good way not to forget to do something.)

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Procrastination has nothing to do with a man being lazy.

Procrastination has everything to do with a man’s emotions. When a man’s emotions are not right, he will procrastinate to no end. When a man is in a good place and his emotions are right, he will get things done.

Notice when a man comes home from a night out with his buddies, or after making with a hot date, or something good happens in his life, he is pumped up and can do anything? Laundry, dishes, work, go for run, he can do whatever. His emotions are in the right place, he is happy inside. But if a man‘s hot date goes wrong, or his buddies are all married and away, or he didn’t get the job, or whatever, his emotions are not right and he doesn’t feel like doing anything except feel sorry for himself.

Got to make sure your emotions are in check and all good at all times. Emotions, especially with women, will ruin a man‘s life. If a man thinks logically and does what’s best for him at all times, he can live a great life.

Come on men.
Two of my High School class mates which I keep tabs on on Facebook recently passed away. Which put me in a sad and grievous mood, not only that, but my mom has been sick with a fever for a couple of days which has me worried. So my emotions has been a roller coaster as of late. The thought of working on future goals doesn't seem appealing at the moment.

You are so right, emotions, especially tragedy can screw a dude over in so many ways.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This video helped me immensely ever since I first saw it 5 years ago.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Procrastination = fear of failure = negative self talk.

Change the questions you ask yourself and you'll change your life