Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tips for a guy who's just becoming self aware

Brad

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just joined after reading about the sosuave forums from The Rational Male. The book has been mind blowing so far.

Since reading the book I've had some interesting experiences:

1. I've become a lot more aware of things. Not just the world around me but of myself as well. Big plus!
2. I'm anxious quite a lot and on introspection I have been for my whole life (back to my earliest memory).
3. I'm noticing people's reactions when I'm talking or interacting with them.
4. These reactions aren't great. It can be a few things but I've noticed that it's a mixture of confusion and guardedness. At times there's forced politeness as well.

It's been great to learn these things!

How do I break this cycle? People are clearly reading something off about me.

EDIT:

I should probably describe myself. I'm 6"1', 185 pounds ~15% bf. According to some women good looking. (to all the guys who say "oh if I only had xyz physical attribute I would do so well, I'm your counter example).

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you active in cardio and resistance training? How about meditation? Those activities will help you curb your anxiety and social awkwardness... Deal with forced politeness by being genuine in your sets... Cheers.

FwoGiZ

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
outcome independence is the next concept you wanna to assimilate!!
You do not wanna share with the world your new found ideologies... you will be judged and ultimately lynched.
Keep it to yourself, exaggerate and support whatever they say in a sarcastic way, enjoy the ridiculousness and just do not care what they might say or think. Only share with certain close people around you.

Brad

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you active in cardio and resistance training? How about meditation?
Resistance yes, I always get a buzz after hitting the weights. Cardio no, I avoid it because it’s annoying. That’s probably an indicator I should do it though.

Meditation is something I’ve done before but never committed to it beyond a week or so.

outcome independence is the next concept you wanna to assimilate!!
You do not wanna share with the world your new found ideologies... you will be judged and ultimately lynched.
I’m guessing outcome independence is doing what you want and giving zero ****s about the response. I definitely do have major outcome dependence right now. I’ll see what I can learn.

I’ve seen the “don’t talk about TRP” before. I’m cautious enough to follow this advice after I mentioned it to a fellow beta friend. The only thing he said was “dude I hope you’re doing okay, let me know if you need to talk”.

MATE I AM BETTER THAN I HAVE BEEN IN YEARS! I WANNA SHARE THIS **** WITH YOU!

Is this the typical response you’ve all seen?

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
learn what a woman says she wants, and what she really wants are two different things.....Ie take fb for example this one girl i know shares memes like "is it me who just loves it when a man messages morning or goodnight" and gets loads of replies...its a load of BS another woman said she loves it when a man hugs her and kisses her on the cheek its sweet!!! the men doing this dont make a 2nd date and arent having sex with these women

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Resistance yes, I always get a buzz after hitting the weights. Cardio no, I avoid it because it’s annoying. That’s probably an indicator I should do it though.

Meditation is something I’ve done before but never committed to it beyond a week or so.

I’m guessing outcome independence is doing what you want and giving zero ****s about the response. I definitely do have major outcome dependence right now. I’ll see what I can learn.

I’ve seen the “don’t talk about TRP” before. I’m cautious enough to follow this advice after I mentioned it to a fellow beta friend. The only thing he said was “dude I hope you’re doing okay, let me know if you need to talk”.

MATE I AM BETTER THAN I HAVE BEEN IN YEARS! I WANNA SHARE THIS **** WITH YOU!

Is this the typical response you’ve all seen?
Your cardio is not hard enough if you don't feel good after. Haven't you heard of "runners high"? It's endorphins and hormones moving around d due to increased circulation.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All good advice so far. I just want to add that you should be careful reading and watching to much red pill/game theory. There is so much of it online to read and watch. If you study to much theory, it will only make you worse. You will start over thinking things. All you need is the basic understanding of this stuff and then you need to learn for yourself out in the field.

Brad

Don Juan
Reaction score
Being self aware has a flip side. It can become to much especially if you havent tamed your thinking. It can become a vicious trap if your not first aware that your own carnal mind is your first hurdle.
Yeah I agree. I’ve been a chronic over thinker in the past. Right now my main goal is getting out of my head whenever I don’t need to be.

I understand it takes time. Even so, I’ve seen so much change these past few weeks.

Now I’m amused by people’s negative reactions. Before TRP I would feel a huge amount of shame if anyone expressed negative emotions while interacting with me. But now I’m finding it funny and a little childish.

You guys don’t know how much this community has helped me out, even for the short time I’ve been here.