Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tipping in France and Poland?

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you need to tip when ordering food from a restaurant or a drink from a bar/nightclub in these two countries? I know in Toronto, Bartenders expect you to tip them $1-2 for every drink you order which is ridiculous.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In France the gratuities are included although buying one for the bartender at the pub rarely hurts. I'm not certain about Poland but it seems that tipping is mostly a Western thing.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thunder_god said:
Do you need to tip when ordering food from a restaurant or a drink from a bar/nightclub in these two countries? I know in Toronto, Bartenders expect you to tip them $1-2 for every drink you order which is ridiculous.
I think it is kind of ridiculous too. You pay at least $4 to $5 for a beer that retails for just under $1 and then you're expected to tip $1 for someone to just hand you the beer lol. It's not that I don't want to tip or don't think servers should make money. But if you're paying over $4 for a beer plus paying for the help through tipping, it seems excessive. If the beer was $2 to $3 it wouldn't be so bad to tip. I didn't even mention you might have paid a cover charge lol. When I was going out most nights, I was spending $100s/month just for a few beers each night. You could buy a new car for what I was spending.