TIP: How NOT to approach women

Reaction score
i was talking to a girl online, and i think you all can learn from the conversation i had with her.

you will learn the approach from her point of view.

playboy2001 is me, just to let you ppl know, incase there are idits readng this.

playb0y2001 : have you ever given a fake number out to a guy in real life?
playb0y2001 : some guy thatyou met at the mall or something?
HoTnSpIcYcHiCk69305 : yea
playb0y2001 : what was your reason?
HoTnSpIcYcHiCk69305 : becuz he wuz ugly
playb0y2001 : what did he look like?
playb0y2001 : how ugly?
playb0y2001 : by the way, your mean
playb0y2001 : but anyways
playb0y2001 : what was your reason
HoTnSpIcYcHiCk69305 : lol
HoTnSpIcYcHiCk69305 : thank u that was sweet
HoTnSpIcYcHiCk69305 : because i didn't like the way he looked
playb0y2001 : well what was it? did he have a pizza face? nerd with coke bottle glasses?
playb0y2001 : fat?
playb0y2001 : what?
HoTnSpIcYcHiCk69305 : lol no he had big earz
playb0y2001 : lol
playb0y2001 : what about everything else?
HoTnSpIcYcHiCk69305 : he didn't have anything in common with me
playb0y2001 : ok so he was also boring
playb0y2001 : so how did it happen, just curious, did he just walk up to you? or what?
HoTnSpIcYcHiCk69305 : yea he just walked ^ to me becuz he just kept staring at me then he came
playb0y2001 : what was the first hing he said?
playb0y2001 : "hey baby"
HoTnSpIcYcHiCk69305 : no he asked me what my name was
playb0y2001 : oh
playb0y2001 : let me guess, before he even asked your name, you knew he liked you, right
playb0y2001 : i figured, well, he deserved to get a fake number for being lame like that
playb0y2001 : and your mean, you need a spanking
HoTnSpIcYcHiCk69305 : LMAO
HoTnSpIcYcHiCk69305 : i do?????????

this was a segment taken from the conversation i had with her. As you can see, women are not dumb. they can tell if your interested. And asking for her name doesnt work (sorry pimpologist, it just doesnt). Now i could tell you all this. but it wouldnt have the effect that showing it to you from a real woman's point of view. you can learn alot about women when you are abe to see it in their point of view.

notice in the conversation she said she had nothing in common. this suggests that he attempted a conversation with her. she also revealed he was boring. this goes to show how humor is important in the first meet. and this also shows it takes more than a conersation to get a woman.

i honestly dont think it was only becuase he was ugly that got him the fake number. i know that he could have gotten her if he was funny, if he had approached her correctly(no name asking, no introducing yourself ever, every joe and his brother is doing that)And if he didnt show interest, notice she said she could tell he wanted her before he even asked her name. this shows that your body language and eye contact alone can easily give away that you want to fvck her brains out. And showing interst is a bad thing.

well, all of this is obvious to me. i wasnt a bit surprised when she told me. i just wanted have something to show this mb how women see thigs. and i hope you people learn alot from this post.

StuartScott x 2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ELITE_WOMANIZER:
And asking for her name doesnt work (sorry pimpologist, it just doesnt)
While I agree asking her name isn't the best way to go, I completely disagree with you, I've asked girls names and gotten numbers before, even though I prefer commenting on the setting or what's going on around me, you know, the power of observation, but asking for names isn't as bad as your making it out to be. Why don't you go out anda actually ask 20 girls their names, and then come back here and tell us your results, then you'll have some credibility.

-----------------------------------

StuartScott x 2 AKA StuartScott

P.s. Mods, can I have my original name back PLEASE

Reaction score
lol, i can go out, and try that,and i know ill come back with 20 numbers.

while, as i stated in my post, ill get points taken off for asking her name (its a horrible approach), ill compensate for it by eveything else i do(which will be done correctly). thus, i will still get a number, regardless of my horrible approach.

my point is, its a bad approach. and if you do get a number, its becuase you were able to compensate for that bad approach by doing a couple of otherthings correctly.

But why would you want to do anything the incorrect way? It only makes sense to me that you would want to do all you can to give yourself the highest probability for succes. And this includes proper approach.

call me a pefectionist, but i strive to make everything i do on a woman perfect. that means no bad approaches. even if i can get away with a bad approach, i still dont do it incorrectly

perhaps my strive for perfection is what makes me so successful with women.

The reason i point this out in my post that its a bad aproach to ask for her name(even thugh its still possible to get a number) is that there are guys that do other things besides approaches incorrectly, and its not helping that the DJ bible is telling them to do an incorrect approach, contributing to geting rejected.

i hope you get it now.

and one last thing, you ppl b!tch to much when i point something out that is actually helpful. this post will help ppl out who are currently doing it the wrong way. its like your ungreatful or something. what more do you want from me?

PlayerinTraining

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen,

I'll agree with you that the whole "Hi, I'm Mr. X, what's your name?" is a lame way to approach a woman.

When I have been successful, it has been something situational. I've commented on something going on, and the conversation flowed.

But, you keep talking about how you like to do things "right" and how you are a "perfectionist".

So, what is the "right" way of approaching a woman, in your opinion? I'm not trying to criticize you, I just want to hear what you have to say.

StuartScott x 2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I agree with you, asking names is horrible for the simple fact that you have nothing to branch off of, other than the name but you can still pull it off if you have game like me.

I only go off the end result though, I criticize every approach I make, I try to be a perfectionist also but no one is perfect, like today I was talking to a girl I knew and as soon as I left, I thought of ways I could have made the convo flow much smoother or been funnier or what not but that's always gonna happen.

If it means anything to you, It was a good tip, asking for their name isn't the best way to go, but it's not like it never works though. The girl said she didn't like him because he was ugly or something like that.

------------------------------------

StuartScott x 2 AKA StuartScott

P.s. Mods, can I have my original name back PLEASE

[This message has been edited by StuartScott x 2 (edited 10-10-2002).]

Reaction score
basically, doing it situaional, is the correctway.

you seem to be doing it right.

when you comment on the situation, your approach seems NATURAL. it doesnt seem like you have some premeditated intentions like asking her name would suggest(women are smarter than that, they know what it means when yo do that)

though, i always do a combination of sitiational comment and humor

i strive for 2 things in my approach.

1) to make it look natural, so she cant tell im interested. and so it doesnt look like a pick up, but rather coincidence.

2) to make her luagh.

you dont have to make her luagh super hard, just enough to make her enjoy your pesence, but not too little. this is important. the reason why, is becuase if shes a b!tch, humor disarms her. if shes cracking up, how is she gonna be nasty toward me and blow me off? i always play it safe, and assume shes gonna be a b!tch(for safety reasons) and do what i have to do disarm her.

***the humor is actually more important than looking sitational. if you can make a woman luagh when doing an approach that suggests your obviously trying to pick her up(lets just say for some reason, the situation disallows you to be situational) then shes not likely to blow you off if shes cracking up, and since shes not gonna blow you off, this allows you to continue with her, and compensate for the bad 'pickup' impression you put on her.....but as always, stive for perfection, make sure your both.

plus, if i make her luagh, it sets everything that follw on a good fun humorous note. this is important, as it makes it a million tims more easey to flirt with her after the initial approach.

to me,the approach is a set up step, it sets up the fate of eveything that follows. it actually effects the effectiveness of what i do and say after the approach.

there, now you got a little peice of my game.

Mr. Mystery

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have always used the "Hi, I'm Mr. Mystery, whats yours?" approach. I have of course been dissed a few times, but doubt that it was because I used that kind of a pick-up.

I don't see anything too very awful about using this pickup. Perhaps I am introducing myself completely wrong. I have the humor thing down, maybe that has helped me out.

I am interested in this subject, I don't see why her knowing I am picking her up initially has much of an affect on her.

I have read a few articles that said women hate being picked up, it happens so much it gets annoying. Maybe thats what your talking about. Please explain further, You've caught my curiosity.

Mr. Mystery

------------------
"Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around" Vanilla Sky

"The little things...theres nothing bigger is there?" Vanilla Sky

"Whats your favorite position? That's cool with me, it's not my favorite but I'll do it for you" Tenacious D-Fvck her gentley

Mr. Mystery

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can anyone hit on my previous question please, it caught my curiosity now I gotta know!

Mr. Mystery

------------------
"Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around" Vanilla Sky

"The little things...theres nothing bigger is there?" Vanilla Sky

"Whats your favorite position? That's cool with me, it's not my favorite but I'll do it for you" Tenacious D-Fvck her gentley

Ralph Bellamy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ELITE_WOMANIZER:
notice in the conversation she said she had nothing in common. this suggests that he attempted a conversation with her. she also revealed he was boring. this goes to show how humor is important in the first meet. and this also shows it takes more than a conversation to get a woman.
I am not sure I buy the first one. I've had women tell me I wasn't their type, or they didn't see much in common with me, based on "hi." BS. Sometimes women can give men a run for their money when it comes to being shallow.

As far as needing a little more than just conversation, I do agree. While I think the idea of women valuing personality far more than looks is overrated, I do think an engaging personality can make up for a lot of other deficits.

Ralph Bellamy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I rarely ask a woman her name. I always open with any number of other things (usually about something within eyesight of where we are), and eventually work my way to just telling her my name. (She almost always tells me hers at that point, even if she's not interested.) You have some women who think they're being picked up just because a guy they don't know is suddenly talking to them, but I usually make it a little more clear before I go for the #, usually something subtle like eye contact.

[This message has been edited by Ralph Bellamy (edited 10-10-2002).]

Ricardo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi what is your name could work in some cases, but think about it, how different is it than something you would have said in kindergarten or first grade, right?

I think the best pick-ups are ones where you talk casually to a girl. She doesn't necessarily know you are picking her up and if you don't want to, you don't even have to ask her number. Remember you are judging her!

So I think the best practice is to talk to as many girls as possible and not ask for their number! It throws them for a loop, plus makes it a natural thing for you to talk to girls casually.

Of course, if you really like what you see after talking with her, get her number.

I think alot of it is rapport.

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think "Hey whats your name" is an AFC pick up line. Although its cordial, friendly, and non threatening..it seems those with too much anxiety, nervousness, etc..rely on it to "break the ice" because they dont know better

Women sense this.

Especially, if you are standing around..scoping the chick out for 5 minutes..then getting enough nerve to
walk up and use this approach.

I agree with situational..Start out with something funny/****y..like "Did you guys see a midget running around here with a squirt gun?"

then go into "what are you guys up to"..then say "By the way My name is Starman, what are yours?"

There is a natural progression to conversation, and although you've been taught in etiquette school learning a person's name first makes them feel warm , accepted and fuzzy, this only works with people you are obligated to meet (new friends introduced to you, job interview, new co workers etc)

But to complete strangers..its irrelevant what their name is right off the bat..because it shows AFC style interest

Don_juan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's your great wisdom?!?! Use situation openings and don't be ugly... okay, thanks that's so enlightning, I never thought of that!

And in your first post, when you are going to call people an idiot... learn to spell idiot. In case you didn't pick up on it, I'm calling you an idiot.

BruticusMaximus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hang on... showing interest is a BAD thing???

I thought the whole point was to be as up front as you could! I've been slagged off here for trying to 'disguise my interest' when talking to women... apparently it is total chump behaviour.

Reaction score
well damn. i guess you people dont have the concept of the importance of being disinterested grasped. no wonder your getting rejected when you ask for their number.

i guess im gonna have to type up a post specifically on this subject of interest being a bad thing.

look for it.

MattB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
womanizer

You should write an article on apporach and then we can discuss about it.

Vronski

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is stupid. The guy was booted because:

notice in the conversation she said she had nothing in common. this suggests that he attempted a conversation with her. she also revealed he was boring. this goes to show how humor is important in the first meet. and this also shows it takes more than a conversation to get a woman.
Not because he introduced himself. No matter how you approach, she will know that you're interested. You'll have to ask for her name and number anyways, and its better to be more direct and up front about it, than beat around the bush making "situation openings".

If she doesnt give you her digitz because you introduced yourself, then you had no chance with this chick.

------------------
The less we love the woman
The more she'll be attracted to you

A.S. Pushkin

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well if she said they had nothing in common maybe they HAD nothing in common. I usually give people my name and ask for theirs, whether guy or girl, teenager or adult, teacher or even employer, when I introduce myself, so its pretty much my attitude towards things.

I don't think it had anything to do with asking her name. She KNOWs you are interested in her from your approach. She is not fooled - no one will believe if you want too approach her just cuz you want a friend to talk about the current situation of the government policies.

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i know that he could have gotten her if he was funny
Women do not fvck men because they are funny. When a woman is ready to fvck, she is in an emotional state of sexual arrousal. When a guy is being funny, he's not necessarily putting her into a sexual state (unless his jokes are sex oriented). Therefore, if you're saying that this woman would have given her number to him AS LONG AS HE WAS FUNNY, then this tells me that she would have valued him for entertainment purposes only.

-Blitz