Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Thy Myth of Cold Approaching, added thread

Does Cold Approaching Wor?

• Its worked and i've gotten a result

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Its worked and i've met up with a girl/get a number

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • I've done it but it hasn't gotten me a result

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • I haven't done it but believe it works

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I haven't done it and don't think it'll work

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i haven't done it and dont' like it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DonJoseCantosie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This will be added to urs suavesuave. so far there's:
10 votes to cold approaching working
and 5 to people who say it doesn't work.

Vote more gentleman.

Metaphysical

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I find 'warm' approaching much more effective, such as when she gives you a soft look, or checks you out before you run up in her face to yell a script.

KennethJones

Reaction score
Cold approaching will not work for some people. I know it will not work for me. I know this because I have extraordinary intuition so I know what people will do before they do it most of the time.

I have never tried cold approaching and know in my heart it would not work. This method can cause more harm than good and its very dangerous and unsafe. For example what if you cold approach a woman who is in a depressed state and she lashes out at you? That could hurt your feelings and devastate you especially if you are a sensitive person. Or what if you accidentally cold approach a mother? These are very important questions you must ask yourself before using this method.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Metaphysical said:
I find 'warm' approaching much more effective, such as when she gives you a soft look, or checks you out before you run up in her face to yell a script.
That's still a cold approach son. Just because you got an approach invitation doesn't change the fact you've never met her before.

And anyone can have success with cold approach. It's the foundation of pickup. It takes some balls to do it, but after you get a couple hundred approaches under your best you realize it's no big deal. Sure you still get AA, but you get used it and if you really learn your stuff you'll be able to harness that nervous energy and use it to your advantage.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KennethJones said:
Cold approaching will not work for some people. I know it will not work for me. I know this because I have extraordinary intuition so I know what people will do before they do it most of the time.

I have never tried cold approaching and know in my heart it would not work. This method can cause more harm than good and its very dangerous and unsafe. For example what if you cold approach a woman who is in a depressed state and she lashes out at you? That could hurt your feelings and devastate you especially if you are a sensitive person. Or what if you accidentally cold approach a mother? These are very important questions you must ask yourself before using this method.
That my friend is called a limiting belief. Of course it won't work for you, you've already talked yourself out of it working, therefore you'll always fail.

May as well say, "I can't hit a baseball so I'll never try". Of course you can with a little practice. Some people need more than others, but anyone can do it if they put their mind to it. Continuing the baseball metaphore, of course you won't get on base all the time, but if you never play the game you'll never have a chance.

Bottom line: You've basically succumbed to a defeatist attitude.

suavesuave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i think "result"=sex=close deal

DonJoseCantosie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KennethJones said:

On ur in intution, its impossible for u to be 100% right of who will be receptive and who will not be. U'll never know unless u flat out go over there. At times when i was so sure that the woman i was gonna approach would give me a bad reaction, turned out to have the best reaction. I was like WTF.

This method can only do good and is def not dangerous but its only unsafe if u go about it in the worst possible manner. If she lashes out at you, which rarely happens, then as a player ur expected to not be so mentally vulnerable in a woman's reaction. U'd just smile and walking away. Wats so bad about that? If a woman takes the approach so personally and lashes out like that, she's either very weird or is psychotic. U wouldn't want her.

If u take rejection so personally, its ur fault. Not hers. She did u favor by telling u she wasn't interested which actually will help u find a girl who's right for u. I've cold approached mothers before and although afew gave weird looks cuz some find it hard to believe, while others were very flattered(the flattered ones were the better looking, the ok reaction were 7s and below)

The above about y u can't do it are limiting beliefs. The worst that happened to me was "go away"/"U need to leave"/Ignore. Thats it.

DonJoseCantosie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Noob said:
nah im pretty sure results can mean anything positive like kiss/number or even sex..

a result would be classified as something that you tried for. and achieved.
yea, result means its something u tried for and achieved. me personally, i've done the Number/date category but not the result yet as my goal is to lay each of the girls down the line.

Reaction score
KennethJones said:

you don't have extraordinary intuition. how could you have extraordinary intuition in something you have no experience with? it's like if you said you had extraordinary intuition in boxing and that you could predict any fighter's every move, even if you had never stepped into the ring. it's ridiculous to think that you can have extraordinary intuition in something you haven't even tried.

dangerous and unsafe? what the fvck? it is only this way if you are extremely weak willed compared to the average person. from my experience, even after getting rejected most people don't care. the reason being if some depressed b1tch lashes out at you, all that means is that she's rude. how could you possibly interpret it as something else? and if you accidentally cold appraoched a mother? why would that be dangerous or harmful? at the worst it'd be slightly embarassing. i've approached and held long conversations with women only to find out they were ten years older than me. i didn't care at all and neither will most people.

speak for yourself man. very few people are that sensitive. and for gods sake all of you who haven't tried it stop acting like you know anything about it. ridiculous...

trd323

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
KennethJones said:

This is the wrong mentallity. You have great intuition means that you are scared too talk to anyone that does not have a smile on their face. I DO NOT have a smile on my face and that does not mean that if a girl came up to me to start a convo that I would yell and scream at her. Women are just not used to getting hit on during the day. To top it off, you actually NEVER even tried to cold approach.

You are also missing the point of being a CONFIDENT MAN. A confident man does not care for the outcome of any situation. He goes tries and if he fails or succeeds he is still the same person.

It is very obvious that you do not have any women in your life and what is dangerous is that you are giving people advice and yet you have ZERO experience.

Reaction score
^agreed
notice a funny trend going on. everyone who disses cold approaching... EVERYONE... has LITTLE TO NO EXPERIENCE WITH IT AT ALL!

everyone who SUPPORTS it has gotten success with it.

hmmm i wonder which side is right...

DonJoseCantosie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^HAHAHAHAH!
I sometimes have a straight face when im walking, but guess what...i'm one of the most genuinely nice and friendly people u'd meet. Same with women, some people who have mean straight faces could just be in deep thought or its just how their lips look. Intuition is really only good for vibes from people rather than how their face looks.

Snow Plowman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KennethJones said:

hahahaha...damn so many people on this forum and many are chode...before you even THINK about saying PU doesn't work...If you haven't approached atleast 200 sets then don't talk...

This man said intuition is extrordinary...HAHAHA...hilarious. So you can predict lottery #s...because you intuition is incredible...hahaha...ok let me stop laughing because I want to help...

You must be centered and know who you are...once you fully understand that there is no way to get blown out...

You can always change a chicks mood just yesterday I opened a chick on the elevator that HATES her job, she looks like she was going to cry and punch someone at the sametime...I opend her 2mins in she's smiling a bit and gives me a hug...she surely hates her job but it didn't matter...

All these guys talking about cold approaching and don't even have over 15 approaches...

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just has success with another cold approach by simply asking the woman her name and being genuinely nice. What a concept!

Furthermore, I even got a free lunch out of the waitress because they didn't have the steak I wanted and I was nice to her. Seriously. The didn't have a specialty steak because they discontinued it last year. She and I hit it off. She offered the NY Strip on the house for coming in just because I so nice to her. That's the power of giving others value.