Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Thoughts on Cold Pick Ups

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A while ago I was thinking about doing a week where I did cold pick ups (on the street, malls, places like target or Wallmart, etc.) every chance I got. I decided against it because in the past where I have put number of approaches up as my goal it has had a negative effect. I am pondering a little hypothetically about it now since I have had little success with it but here are my thoughts...

I go to bars and clubs and an occasional party/get together. Doing this I meet women with active social lives. These girls for the most part get sex when they decide they want it or when they meet someone who makes them want it and they are not afraid to do so.

But how many women are there that just don't really get out to places like bars and go to places like Walmart or the grocery store when they DO get out. If there are these women, wouldn't they be unbelievably horny? Even if they are, is my lack of success in the pick ups I have attempted in these situations partially due to their lack of openess to meet somone while they are out running an errand or whatever.

Curious to hear opinions both male and female.

Nick

------------------
- The seductionist formerly known as trickynick

You either own the game or it owns you.

~"Pon atencion al latido de tu corazon...y el ritmo de tu respiracion...como te permites llegar a ser completamente llevada...por la conexion que esta tomando lugar." ~

DJTOBE

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just having a discussion like these with a couple of buddies. There is so much paradox in going to the bar. I go there for two reasons,
a) to have fun
b) to meet girls

a) Having fun is never a problem so that is almost guaranteed. That leaves the second reason b) meet girls. I have this pre-dispossed programming in the back of my head that I never want a LTR with a girl I meet in the bar. Although, I'll bring girls home with me that I meet that night and get numebers. I rarely follow up, unless I knew them before seeing them at the bar.

That brings me back to your initial topic. It's very important for me to do cold-pickups and the more random the place be the better. Gas Stations, subways, sporting events, whetever it may be. And because your outside the normal realm of the pick-up scene aka bar/club. I think it is easy to come up with more original ****y/funny convo starters. eg.. If your at the grocery store and you see a girl picking out produce. I would say

me : "Do you like the produce from here" in a demeaning manner

her: why, huh, or whatever one-liner she'll give back

me: "You should try the corn at a local produce shop, it's sooo good this time of year."

I'll work in a few compliments about herself
then take it from there

Garp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bookstores, libraries and music stores are a good source of horny girls. I was always approachable by a cute guy with a book in his hand, or a good cd.
I don't recommend trying to pick up girls in Walmart. I am least likely to take anyone serious there. My girlfriends and I always go to Walmart looking frumpy, because we think "It's just Walmart--we're not going to run into anyone."
Although I did enjoy those one-liners to use in the produce section. I'll be passing those along to my single girlfriends.

Also, I agree about bars not being the best place to start quality realationships. Nothing good ever came of anyone I met in a bar. And most of the time, I was too busy defending my drink from rufies and acting like a dork with my friends to give attention to anyone.
------------------
"It is important that students bring a certain ragamuffin, barefoot, irreverence to their studies; they are not here to worship what is known, but to question it."

--Jacob Bronowski, The Ascent of Man

[This message has been edited by Garp (edited 08-01-2002).]

Powertrip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If there are these women, wouldn't they be unbelievably horny?
I've been thinking about this as well (suprise, what else do I have to do?). For the life of me, I can't remember one single occurance that I have run into a women in a "normal" place that was giving off the horny vibe. And yes, I can pick up on that pretty well, thank you..

Honestly, if I go to a club or bar, there is about a 98% chance that a woman (or women) will approach me or initiate first contact. I'm not bragging, as this is what happens to me on a regular basis, and with a fairly large/diverse group of women.

Using myself as an example, wouldn't it make sense that this would also occur (although with less frequency) in the world outside of clubs and bars? The thing is, it doesnt. It's never happened to me. You'd think that the unbelievably horny & lonely women of the world would have made some sort of approach by now. My style of dress & demeanor is exactly the same anywhere I go.

I realize that I have to work on my own approaches, but the reasoning above is what keeps me going back to square one (clubs and bars).

Maybe I'm just a one trick pony..

Jake Steed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know, Nick, after reading about your sarges at the coffee shops and with some of Deepblue's advice, I finally started appreciating the non-club environment as a venue for PUs.

BUT, I've found that just because I get a number outside of the club doesn't mean she is a quality girl or not a flake. In fact, I actually have a higher percentage of flakes met outside the clubs.

I think what Deepblue said about venues like the bookstore is true, that the girls who are there don't seem to be as guarded and seem to be open to an approach, since they like the idea of "bumping" into Mr. Right rather than the idea of being picked up in some club. I think that's a positive for non-clubs.

But like I said, just becuase you meet a girl at Borders doesn't mean she won't be a flake (the last one I met was). Normal, professional people like to party and like to dance too. I'm one of them. So I'm not ready to disregard the clubs. You and Powertrip seem to share this attitude.

I think choosing the RIGHT non-club venue is the key. I think big trendy bookstores or college coffeeshops, even though they're non-club, are STILL social places. I don't think Wal Mart has that same kind of appeal.

Jake

Powertrip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wal-Mart may not be the ideal PU place, but I know that I would feel 100% more comfortable cold approaching a woman in a large, open store, than in a tiny coffee shop or a quiet bookstore. I used to pick up a new book everyweek, and I can't tell you how unnatural it was for me to speak in there, or how annoyed I'd get when someone else was. I know I'm not the only one who feels that way.. we're raised to keep quiet in libraries, and somehow that translates to bookstores as well.

College coffee shops or any coffee shops for that matter, are rather cliqueish IMHO. It'd be rare to see a HB sitting by herself, drinking her coffee and just enjoying the hustle and bustle of a crowded shop. More likely, she'd bring a few friends (and we know how that goes) or she'd be in and out in two minutes (another hard sell, especially if she's trying to get somewhere).

Your best bet in a coffee shop may indeed be the cute girl behind the counter. I know that after a while, I'd have them so sweet on me that I got everything for free, and had I ever asked, I would have easily obtained a number. Alas, I can't go and fix the mistakes I made as an AFC, just have to learn from them.

So what may be the perfect middle ground to this dilemma? I'm going to explore my local supermarket a little more pretty soon. Everytime I'm in there, I see at least 5 women I could approach and number close with no problem. I can also hang out in certain specific areas (gourmet coffee, magazines, fruits and vegtables, pasta) that would easily lend themselves to conversation. It's open and airy enough that nobody feels trapped, and if things go belly up, I can make a gracious exit by just continuing on my way.

Pimp For A Living

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to pickup mainly outside of clubs (until I was about 21 years old, and started actually going to clubs on a regular basis). I found that since bookstores, grocery stores, etc. were my main venue, I got pretty good at cold approaches. Of course, anyone can approach - the real feat is getting the number and getting laid. I was good at doing both.

Then I started to go to clubs. Now that I am good at picking up in clubs, my skills in other places have sort of fallen by the wayside. I think it is mainly because I set aside my club / party time from my work schedule.

Anyway, I think that Wal Mart or someplace similar is a good place to pick up women because, although some of them may dress frumpy as Garp suggested, if you catch them right after work then they will still be looking decent. I have approached some FINE looking women in Wal Mart before.

In the clubs girls are more likely to be dressed to kill. I once ran into this girl at the local post office - she was a girl that I ALWAYS saw at the clubs. Anyway, so I was dressed immaculately as usual, and she was dressed like a TOTAL SLOB! The funny thing is that she is usually among the best dressed women at the clubs. She recognized me, and I said hi to her, and I could tell that she was embarassed that she looked like she had just rolled out of bed. She said hello, her face turned red and she made a hasty exit.

Anyway, just my thoughts on the whole thing.

------------------
Pimp For A Living
"Pimpin' them hoes since God only knows..."

Bartlock

Don Juan
Reaction score
Malls are a cool site to approach girls.

When they are checking clothes, cds, books, etc. just stand beside them and comment about the items they are checking.

Master of the Universe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nick,

What you're saying seems to make sense on the surface, but on a practical level, that's actually not the case.

Since I am in marketing, I'll give you a perspective from that field.

For our example, let's say that I have just acquired a client who is selling a specific piece of software... maybe a program that allows a company to automate all its accounts receivable.

We look around, and find a dozen different magazines and journals that caters to his particular clients. One of these magazines, one that is geared to the more savvy computer user, is full of his competitors offering similar products. Another magazine, aimed more at those who are accustomed to doing things the old fashion way, only has one competitor in the whole magazine.

So instantly my clients tells me that he wants to run the ad in the magazine with less competitors, and initially it sounds like it would be a wise decision.

However, it's not. In fact, the reason there are so many competitors in the first magazine, is because the magazine produces results. The readers of the magazine already want what my client is selling. All he has to do is develop his Unique Selling Proposition, and have better advertising and marketing so as to stand out from his competitors, and he'll have to fight of the clients.

On the other hand, if he were to advertise in the magazine with the other sole competitor (who is probably losing money on his advertising), then his advertising would fail because the readers of that magazine are simply not appropriate prospects.

The same with different PU venues. If you're looking for horny women, then you will find them in clubs and bars, and rarely in bookstores or coffee shops, because those women who want instant sex, already know that bars and clubs is where they will find it. In other words, they are HIGHLY qualified prospects. All you have to do is develop your Unique Selling Proposition (stand out from all the other guys) and develop better marketing and advertising (learn better seduction styles e.g. SS, ****y/funny, etc.)

On the other hand, if you're looking for an LTR (which I know you're not from your other posts), then bookstores and coffee shops would be more appropriate because that is what the average prospect in those venues is more interested in.

Master of the Universe

------------------
"Fortune favors the bold." - Virgil

"A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - General George S. Patton

"He was better. But he thought I was finished, with only one arm. He never understood. You surrender after you’re dead." - Lan Mandragoran, The Wheel of Time

pjam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think all your ideas and suggestions are legitimate and helpful.

However where i live, going to a bookstore, esp in the summertime, like say a borders or barnes and noble, the majority of decent looking females in these places are not legal.

Thats good if your still in high school. But when your in your mid to late twenties, thats not an option.

As for Walmart or any stores like it, there are a few where I'm at(well within 40 min drive) and none of them are open 24 hours, they all close around 12 midnight.

And no matter when i go, usually the people there are just not anything i'm looking for or they are mothers with a few kids running around the store. Nothing against this, but from my experience, many of these woman whom i've met are just looking for either "hate men" or "another father".

Not what I would call what I have any interest in.

As for grocery stores, I prob go the wrong times, because of my work schedule, so i've met only one decent looking female at one.

Malls, well, there are some college age woman, but mostly High School girls where I live who hang out at malls.

For me, if I go to a Mall, it's to go in, get something I need, and leave. It's mostly the same for the majority of people around here as well. Unless of course you are a mall rat, and if your a mall rat at almost 30, I have no desire to start any type of relationship.

Most females leave the area(an hour - 4 hours away) yes and they do travel that far to shop) to shop for what they want.

So going to clubs, yes being 30 - 45 min away, but still clubs and bars are really the only type of place to pick up females where I'm at unless of course, you are in high school.

tweeder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent point Master of the Universe. He's exactly right. Why would horny girls go to a bookstore when they know darn well they could get laid at will at a club or bar. I personally don't do the bar scene anymore, so I have to do these "cold pickups" as well.

Do you get approached as often? Of course not. But there's a good reason. When a girl goes to a club, she knows every guy in there would be open to meeting a woman. Heck that's why most guys go. However, at a mall or Wal-Mart things are different. The girl thinks your #1 priority there is to shop. So she is putting herself at a higher risk of rejection there. So she waits for you to start the conversation.

And yes there are a number of attractive girls that don't go to bars and clubs. So you would think they are aching for a man to release their built up sexual tension right? Well of courese. But alot of these girls are SHY. They aren't used to being in big social places like clubs. so they are relatively unexperienced in approaching. So they will do everything but approach you.

These girls are extra frustrating because they don't like to make solid eye contact all the time. They like to "sneak peeks" when they think you aren't watching. And when you catch them, they look away. It's retarded when you think about it. They're afraid to show you they like you, but they still expect you to approach.

So what's the solution? Know the different sighns to look for, and approach. You can't wait on them. If you catch a girl looking at you more than once, there's a reason guys. Either you're hideous, or she likes you.

hannibal82

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
supermarkets can be a great venue....so far in my experience....two departments i have had luck finding HB's in:

hannibal82

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Candles
2. Greeting Cards

Supermarkets can be great (Nick, Jake, Chris, you already know my thoughts on this)

usually people are pretty receptive to what you have to say in a store...it's a relaxed environment, the ***** shield is weakened already if not down...they don't expect an approach

furthermore, it's easy to open...all you do is observe what is going on / what they are looking at / what you are looking at and you comment about it...bang instant convo.

on a side not, most girls i've talked to in markets are usually by themselves....unlike malls and other venue's. Also they stand around looking at certain stuff, not walking by you at 100 mph in a hurry like in a mall

------------------
"You....You're so ******* money and you don't even know it.
-Trent from "Swingers

DeepBlue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of you are really missing the point.

You don't GO to the supermarket to meet women. You don't GO to Walmart to meet women. You don't GO and ride a bus to meet women. Ditto for numerous other types of stores and various types of public or semi-public places.

Nevertheless, you do go to many of these places all the time as a part of your daily life. And in the course of your daily life you WILL see attractive, available, women in these places. And some of those women WILL be attracted to YOU.

If you focus on any one of these settings as a place to go to specifically to meet women, then of course it will fall short compared to a club environment as far as percentage of hotties is concerned.

But if you consider the amount of time you spend all the time in these "low percentage settings" that changes things.

Lets say you go to a club or a bar twice a week. For instance, you go on Friday night, and Saturday night.

Count the number of women you see in the club that you are genuinely interested in getting together with outside of that setting.

Then over the course of a whole week, count the number of similarly attractive women you see each time you go to a shopping mall, supermarket, fitness club, bookstore, the pharmacy, a record store, clothing store, department store, ice cream shop, cafe, etc.

Now, if you don't do anything all week except sit in an office at work, drive home, then sit at home alone watching TV after work that's different.

But if you make an active effort to be living your life outside your home, and going to stores, and malls, and so on, then all those places will add up to you seeing a lot of attractive women.

And frankly, those everyday settings are where a lot of women go when they are hoping to "get met". They dress up, put on their make up and attractive clothes, make bits of eye contact with guys they find attractive, all hoping that some guy to "make something happen" i.e., to work his magic and waltz into her life with her not having to do much more except go along with it. So they give off these subtle hints, but they are waiting for you to approach them and make it happen.

And in everyday settings, making something happen is a whole different approach than the club approach. You can't approach meetings in a bookstore with the same mindset as you do in a club. If you do then your approach will seem canned, because she can sense the fact that your approach is completely disconnected from the subtle signals she is giving off.

The difference between club approaches and everyday life approaches are like the difference between a fighter jet and a glider. A fighter jet powers it's way through the sky going whatever direction it wants to, all through the force of it's own propulsion. How the wind happens to be blowing is completely irrelevant, because the jet just powers right through all that.

A glider on the other hand actually uses the wind for its propulsion. The motion of the glider flows with the wind, as though the glider and the wind were doing a dance together. Everything you do as the glider pilot reflects an awareness of every breeze and air currents that surrounds you, and all your responses move in harmony with them.

Same thing with meeting women in every day settings. The subtle cues--eye contact, body language, and so on that women give out in those settings are the ebb and flow of air currents that the fighter pilot has learned to ignore. In every day settings you need to be a glider pilot and tune into those subtle updrafts and wind currents, and learn to flow in harmony with them.

It's almost as though everyday settings were a place where trying to meet people is somehow forbidden or taboo. Consequently, in those settings the act of meeting people has evolved into a very subtle dance between the participants. It's as though the whole meeting process were taking place through the exchange of secret signals, and when you finally talk to each other much of the real meaning will be between the lines.

In a club, that type of approach is too shy and will come across as timid and beating around the bush. That's because in a club it is expected that you are there to meet and talk to other people. So in clubs you switch from being a glider pilot to being a fighter pilot.

DeepBlue

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DeepBlue:
Some of you are really missing the point.

You don't GO to the supermarket to meet women. You don't GO to Walmart to meet women. You don't GO and ride a bus to meet women. Ditto for numerous other types of stores and various types of public or semi-public places.

Nevertheless, you do go to many of these places all the time as a part of your daily life. And in the course of your daily life you WILL see attractive, available, women in these places. And some of those women WILL be attracted to YOU.
Where I sometimes struggle with this is to condition myself to be in a "PU state" at all times. It doesn't really come all that naturally, so it does require a conscious effort at least for now.

If you focus on any one of these settings as a place to go to specifically to meet women, then of course it will fall short compared to a club environment as far as percentage of hotties is concerned.
Well yeah, but in venues like we are talking about women are not EXPECTING to be hit on the way they are in a club. It would seem that you could use this to your advantage. I can talk to girls outside of bars no problem. Places like coffee shops and bookstores (although I find the bookstore venue to be overrated) are best for me. However the street, Walmart (and places like it) and grocery stores are tough for me. I haven't found a way of approaching in these venues that does not place me WAY too much in the role of the pursuer.

I think it comes from the fact that for most of the time I have been approaching girls I have been obvious about my approaches, I go to pick up places at pick up times. The dynamic when this is NOT the case is something I haven't really got a handle on.

Lets say you go to a club or a bar twice a week.
More like five times a week, LOL!

[snip]

Yes, I agree with what you said about getting out to all kinds of different places. Your point about women wanting to "get met" when they go out places is interesting. When I go out to bars and coffee shops and other places I see way less hot girls than I see DRIVING IN THEIR CARS on the road where they cannot be approached. Where the fvck do all those chicks go? That's what I need to figure out.

Nick

------------------
- The performer known as Nick

Pap

Don Juan
Reaction score
SexPDX, how's it going, bro? You know this, but to tell the rest of the board who probably doesn't know me yet...I sarge everywhere (bars, house, parties, streets...and even grocery stores). I'm hoping you guys will play the Game any opportunity you can. Here's an example of a non-clubgrocery store pickup:

After 3 days of sargin the bars of San Diego, and spending all day sargin with TylderDurden, Manifestis, and Dreamweaver, my energy began building up and when we got to TGIF (for dinner), I took a sip of my coke and SNAPPED. Suddenly, I felt the URGE to SARGE HARDCORE!!! So I got out of my seat and went around the ENTIRE restaurant with Manifestis sargin 5 sets and showing him how to consistently control a set and out-alpha guys.

Afterwards, we went to a grocery store and my excitement level started to get out of control...I was on a SARGE-FEST. It is 1:00AM and the bars are closing. OTOH my head is SPINNING because I am delirious with the URGE to SARGE. My Adrenaline is RUSHING and I feel like I'm HIGH so I had to sarge somewhere. So I walk around the grocery store like a wolf needing fresh meat searching for a girl and then I see her.

1:00AM: NICK SARGES OREO COOKIE GIRL {The Oreo Cookie Close}

I see a girl carrying a loaf of Super Bread with 3 packages of swiss cheese. As she walks by me, I look at her, give her a gaze, and exclaim, "Suuuuuppper Bread! WHAT THE ****!?!"

Girl: Yeah. I got the craaaaving for grilled cheese sandwiches.
Papa: MMmmmmm. I LOVE grilled cheese sandwiches. You've got to make me some NOW.
Girl: Hahahaha. Maybe I will.
Papa: HOLY ****!!! Look at all that CHEESE!
Girl: Hahahahaha.
Papa: I am from Wisconsin and I really love cheese, but...WHAT THE ****!
Girl: Hahahahaha.
Papa: HEY! I am going to show you something. Come with me.

I then drag the girl over to the coffee shop part of the grocery store where Tylder Durden and Manifestis and waiting. She stops partway there and says, "Can I go over there?" because she has to leave the store and enter the coffee shop area and I say, "Of course, it's not like you are going to steal it. Join me." And then I lead her to Tylder Durden and Manifestis, and point to her while introducing her with a complementary introduction.

Papa: Hey Guys. LOOK AT THIS GIRL. [pointing to her SUPER BREAD and Cheese] This is the GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH QUEEN. Look at this. WHAT THE **** is THIS?!?
Everyone (Girl, Tyler Durden, Manifestis): Hahahahha.
Papa: She is going to make the greatest mom ever. Her children will love her because she will make Oreo cookies for her children all the time. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm. [I give her a huge goofie smile and wrap my arm around her]
Everyone: Hahahahaha.
Papa: And look at this. She even has Oreo Cookies for me. What a great mom!!!
Everyone: Hahahhahaha.
Papa: Oh. You know what...[I pull out an Oreo Cookie Personality Test that I found on the Internet out of my prop bag]...I printed this thing from the Internet and I want to see if it's right! Based on how you eat your Oreo Cookies, I can tell you the coolest things about you. So, how do YOU eat your OREO COOKIES?
Girl: Well, I eat the whole thing at once.
Papa: Oh. My GOD!!! Nobody has ever....EVER...told me that before.
Girl: Hahahhahaa.
TylderDurden: I eat my Oreo Cookies the same way.
Papa: Ok. Let's see here. [Papa reads out the reading from the Oreo Cookie test...] The whole thing means you consume life with abandon, you are fun to be with...exciting...carefree...with a hint of recklessness. [I point to Tyler Durden] You are totally irresponsible. No one should trust you with their children. [I look at the girl] THIS IS BULL****!!! You would be GREAT WITH CHILDREN. Look at YOU!!! You make GRILLED...CHEESE....SANDWICHES...Mmmmmmm.
Everyone: Hahahahahahahaaaa.
Papa: Will you adopt me?
Girl: Hahaha. No.
Papa: Oh. Please, you'd be the greatest mom ever. Mmmmmmmm.
Everyone: Hahahahhaaa.
Girl: What is that? [she points to the stuffed monkey animal]

Papa: [I unzip his mouth] Raaaaggghhhh.
Girl: Hahahahahhaaa.

Then I pull a red light out of his mouth and juggle it and then make is disappear in her mouth. It looked magical, even though she knew totally not the magic powers of the dog like I told her it was. She has laughing her ass off. Everyone was laughing her ass off and I am having a blast. My head is spinning on an adrenaline rush as if I am SUPER HIGH or as if I just took some major doses of caffeine...but neither was the case...I just LOVE to SARGE!!!

I am LOVING THIS ****! I'm feeling like a stand-up comedian and she is loving it. Tyler Durden points out to her what a fun and cool guy I am. She says, "This is so unusual." I mention that instead of going to the bars, we came to the coffee shop to hang out, and this is just such a cool thing to have so much of a surprising ****ing awesome fun time with someone that is cool to hang out with.

Papa: We should start a restaurant together and instead of selling hamburgers, we will sell Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, and for dessert, instead of vanilla ice cream, we will sell....Oreo Cookies. We will have GRILLED...CHEESE...SANDWICH.........KING!!!
Everyone: Hahahhahahahaha. He's so funny!
Papa: Hey. Check this out. My friend here [points to Manifestis] is a psychic. He can guess your birthday.
Girl: If he can do that then I'll buy you Oreo Cookies.

I'm thinking to myself. **** YEAH!!! I am going to get a girl to supplicate to me and buy me ****. Outstanding! I love when girls do this. So I get Manifestis to guess her birthday, and using signals that I give to Manifestis [a code that I made up with Manifestis], he guesses it right. She is very impressed. Manifestis sits back down. And I continue to bust her balls and she loves it. Tyler Durden and Manifestis decide to leave us alone and they walk away from us.

I start to talk back to the grocery store with the girl and Tyler Durden whispered to me to qualify her and gain rapport. This was MONEY advice. She walks with me and I tell her we should go to the Starbucks Coffeeshop next-door and, "I'll read your runes and do your Cube, and I'll tell you deep insights about you...and...I'll get to find out if...you are someone I'd want to get to know better."

She looks at me and stops and says, "I can't. I should go." So I turn my back to her and then turn around, and just stare at her for 3 seconds with a somewhat shocked yet funny face until she says, "You are such a nice and fun guy." I look at her and point to myself and kind-of yell, "WHAT?!?!! Is that all?" She says, "No. No. No. You are sooooo much more than that." I place my hand down and pause...then I point at her, nod my head, and say, "Ok. Bye" and turn away.

She stops me and says, "WAIT!!!! I am going to BUY YOU OREO COOKIES!!!"

I turn around and face her and point to the coffee shop and say, "Ok. I'll meet you THERE!"

While she goes to buy her food, I sit at a table at the coffee shop and begin to read the newspaper. TylerDurden and Manifestis come buy and told me that they will wait for me in the car. I know that I am on a time constraint to close this girl. She finishes purchasing her cookies and comes over to my table, and drops off the HUGEST BOX FULL of OREO COOKIES I have EVER seen in my life.

I SMILE with glee because I WIN!!! She BOUGHT ME SOMETHING! Hahaha.

Girl: You caught me at the most unusual time. [she gives me funny sad face]

I feel like she might be referring to breaking up with her BF...so I ignore it and immediately reply.

Papa: OHHHH. Coooooooll!!!! YOU BOUGHT ME OREO COOKIES!!!!!!!
Girl: Hahahhahahahaha.
Papa: You are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH............FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Girl: YEAH! But you are FUNNNNER!!!
Papa: I WANT YOU...to GIVE ME...YOUR PHONE NUMBER.....NOW! I want to see you again.
Girl: YES!

I take out a piece of paper and 2 pens, and rip the paper in half. Then, I get her phone number and give her mine. She notices that my number is from Wisconsin, and I tell her that it's because I live in California, but I still have my Wisconsin phone number. This is true, however, I live in Sacramento, and I am leaving San Diego tomorrow. I play it off just to show my friends who are waiting for me outside that I closed her because this girl wants to have my children.

I give her a big hug and we rub cheeks together, and say together, "Mmmmmmmmmmmmm." and start laughing together. Then we say good-bye and I walk outside to the parking lot with the cookies in one hand and her phone number in the other. I see the guys in their car looking at me and laughing their asses off still. I pound her number towards the car window (like I am Will from "Good Will Hunting"), and exclaim, "Yo. How do you like them cookies!?!"

Smooth Player 056

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol..........the women at the produce section could be the same women at the bar later that night.

- Smooth Player 056 -
Founder and Creator of the HSDJBC/ Contest
Founder of Ultimate HSDJ Technique

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, I know what you're talking about! There are so many hot girls in cars (in my case, maybe's that because it's near a college campus) but one can hardly mack from a car.... I have a good time and give them the "call me" signal where I make a phone with my pinky and thumb, put it to my ear, and mouth the words, but it's not like you can hook up with girls from your car.... it's just for fun. I get the idea sometimes that girls at certain times don't want to be approached, such as when they're shopping (oh, how important that is to them :rolleyes: ) or walking quickly to a class. Some women just don't take you seriously at these times. Most women don't exactly make it easy on us to approach, whether it be because she looks unfriendly by her body language or never isolates herself from her 50 friends to make herself more available. No excuses here, but I think in order to pull off a cold approach in a public place, you've got to be as casual as possible. It is really hit or miss: if she wanted to be approached, you'll know it, and if she didn't, well, you'll know that too. I think it is good to assume that all girls want to be approached at all times, but you gotta learn to adapt to the social situation. In a club or bar, that one is a no-brainer. PRobably a mere 1% of all guys can do cold approaches in public places (bars/clubs don't count), so you have to be good.