Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Those who are rich, how did you decide what you were gonna do to become rich?

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Started watching some of the Fresh Fit podcasts and recently tuned into the Andrew Tate interview. I don't know much about his "MLM scheme" or how accurate the numbers he boasts are, however, one thing did interest me.

He said at one point in his life after fighting that he was broke and made a conscious decision to become "rich rich". He didn't get very in-depth here but whatever epiphany he came to led him to start the webcam company where he made a lot of his initial money.

I'm at the point where I'm juggling a few things at once, have tried a few things that have failed, and generally feel unsure about whether the things I'm doing are worth the time and effort when I receive the payout (if any) or whether I need to re-evaluate and refocus vs persevere.

I just wanted to see if anybody here who considers themselves genuinely monetarily wealthy could share how they came to the decision to do what made them rich.

Serenity

Reaction score
I have a regular job, paid above average though. I'm playing the long game, I save a large amount of my income in ETFs. I put aside a small amount to gamble on stocks. With a little bit of luck my crypto could make me a millionaire, that investment was almost free, only cost me a little electricity to mine on my gaming PC.

The most reliable here would be the ETFs, but it's gonna take a lot of time... Important thing is though that I'm gaining more money than I'm spending.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
The basis of most people's success is that once you set your mind to work towards a goal and really believe in it, doors will start magically opening...opportunities will start magically presenting themselves...and people look at it as if it just randomly happened but the truth is you simply became more in tune with seeing them for what they are instead of overlooking them and being more open to receiving them.

You literally attract into your life that which you truly believe and work towards.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Started watching some of the Fresh Fit podcasts and recently tuned into the Andrew Tate interview. I don't know much about his "MLM scheme" or how accurate the numbers he boasts are, however, one thing did interest me.

He said at one point in his life after fighting that he was broke and made a conscious decision to become "rich rich". He didn't get very in-depth here but whatever epiphany he came to led him to start the webcam company where he made a lot of his initial money.

I'm at the point where I'm juggling a few things at once, have tried a few things that have failed, and generally feel unsure about whether the things I'm doing are worth the time and effort when I receive the payout (if any) or whether I need to re-evaluate and refocus vs persevere.

I just wanted to see if anybody here who considers themselves genuinely monetarily wealthy could share how they came to the decision to do what made them rich.
It's different for everyone. But if you want to have sustainable monetary wealth is when you understand money is just a tool and want to use that tool to add value to there in whatever shape or form. So the genuine desire to add value.

Modern Man Advice

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
luck has a real place in this topic.

it comes in phases.

1. Don't spend money to be happy.
2. Wealthy is a comparison with others. know that.
3. Figure out why want to be wealthy, perhaps the feelings looking for can be achieved in different ways.

I never ever had that thought you ask about.
Eventually, we are all going to end up in the same place, pushing daisies.

Almost everyone in the west earns enough money, that with proper management can retire early and wealthy if they really want to. Remove the behavior of buying status. Get status from some other activity and save/invest that money. In the East, there are cases where it can not be done but in the west pretty much everyone can do it while very few do so.

After you have some capital in hand, you will have more choices of how to get more. Don't have to have money to get money but it helps.

It's best if you pick some activity that you like doing because if you're going to get wealthy at it, you will be doing a lot of it and often. Then with luck might find the brass ring while busy doing what you love.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd like to be wealthy not necessarily for the status, but so I have the money to enjoy life and the freedom that comes with it.

There are certainly things I consider myself good at; for example I'm working with a talent manager who works with models and actors. I have a showcase coming up at the end of June where I'll present a monologue to several network agents with the hope of getting a contract.

The problem with that situation is that it'll have been a half year in the making, and almost 2 years prior to that where I had a contract with a modeling agency that resulted in zero work. Guess that I'm trying to say is that I hate relying on other people and have been constantly looking for a way to build wealth that wasn't dependent on others coming through for me.

I can't imagine Tate lived his life thinking that he was passionate about a webcam business, he was a professional fighter first and didn't have the money there for what he wanted to do. I'm just trying to figure out how people decide what they want to do to get wealthy versus what isn't sticking so they can shift focus to something else.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You literally attract into your life that which you truly believe and work towards.
This just sounds like a meme. I work my butt off all the time and have literally nothing.
Nobody that loves me, no home, no car, not even a pet dog. Your statement doesn't reflect my reality one little bit.

luck has a real place in this topic.
This is more like it. I can accept that luck plays a huge part. Right place, right time stuff.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
You will not get rich by working a job or corporate career unless you go to one of the high profile colleges these days. Or, you may make it rich as being an entrepreneur. Many people use real estate as a way to grow wealth and independence. Start with on multi-family and then go to the next. Rinse and repeat.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
This just sounds like a meme. I work my butt off all the time and have literally nothing.
Nobody that loves me, no home, no car, not even a pet dog. Your statement doesn't reflect my reality one little bit.

This is more like it. I can accept that luck plays a huge part. Right place, right time stuff.
Your mindset is poison that's why. You are too busy crying and complaining and whining to be able to see opportunities right in front of your face.

And it will never change until you do.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah, so 'man up' then. <eyeroll.gif>
I should feel ashamed for being generally depressed and reduced to tears on a regular basis.
It's not manly to be emotionally and physically exhausted by my actual lived experiences.
All I need to do is hit the gym and spin plates etc...

Whatever you say bud.

Why don't you give floating "low T" and "probably gay" another shot too.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I should feel ashamed for being generally depressed and reduced to tears on a regular basis.
It's not manly to be emotionally and physically exhausted by my actual lived experiences.

Whatever you say bud.

Nope, you need to take control of your life and stop making excuses and stop hiding behind every thing you can find. It's your life. If you want it to continue being the way it is then continue doing the same things you have been.

When you say "I have depression", it means you identify with it and then you actually BECOME depression. It becomes a part of who you are and how you view yourself and anything you look at in the world is now through that lens. Wake up before it's too late.

But know it is a choice YOU are making and nobody else. Change the questions you ask yourself on a daily basis and you can change your life.

Honestly you need to go take the LMA course. Change your life in 6 weeks. But you probably won't, predictably.

Last edited:

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope, you need to take control of your life and stop making excuses and stop hiding behind every thing you can find. It's your life. If you want it to continue being the way it is then continue doing the same things you have been.

When you say "I have depression", it means you identify with it and then you actually BECOME depression. It becomes a part of who you are and how you view yourself and anything you look at in the world is now through that lens. Wake up before it's too late.

But know it is a choice YOU are making and nobody else. Change the questions you ask yourself on a daily basis and you can change your life.

Honestly you need to go take the LMA course. Change your life in 6 weeks. But you probably won't, predictably.
Amusing to hear how you're so familiar with my circumstances. Of course, I should 'take a course'
(which you didn't bother to explain) and that'll fix my small testicles, autism and financial woes. Sure it will.
As for wanting my life to continue this way, nah pal. If I fell asleep tonight and never woke up that would be a good result.
I don't enjoy a single moment I am awake. I don't feel remotely compatible with the rest of humanity.
Frankly, I see the world as a huge zoo where I am the only visitor, I feel nothing in common with any of the exhibits.
If you don't want me on this board Mr moderator then ban me. I've gotten nothing but tired clichés from it in any case.
You do always seem to be the one that wishes to belittle what I'm going through like a few sit ups and a protein shake
will put everything right. So much for male community....

Ah, just realised you're banging on about the oriental bloke that keeps popping up on You tube.
Strikes me that it's a course to essentially make his pockets fatter, not mine. Quackery at best!

Ooooh loook, a $1500 dollar discount if I enrol now. If you believe in this happy clappy nonsense then I have some magic
beans and a bridge over the Thames for sale. PM me for details.... Limited offer must end soon. $10,000,000 discount if you sign up today.

Last edited:

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You will not get rich by working a job or corporate career unless you go to one of the high profile colleges these days. Or, you may make it rich as being an entrepreneur. Many people use real estate as a way to grow wealth and independence. Start with on multi-family and then go to the next. Rinse and repeat.
I actually got my real estate license back in November of last year for a similar reason, though as a new agent I have yet to find a way to break into the market and build relationships that will get me business. So I'm working on finding an approach that works for me...

So I've got that, the talent manager helping me get ready for the showcase, and I work a part time job at a medical marijuana clinic for income.

In the past I've started a Facebook ad agency that didn't do so well due to not really being taken seriously (tried to offer it for free for testimonials, feel like I wasn't taken seriously because I was young), created a Shopify site that only broke even before the pandemic, and currently doing what's listed above to try and build capital for investing and potential daytrading.

I'm just trying to figure out how much effort to put into something to try and get it to stick before I should chalk it up as "not my thing" and try something else while I still have time.

Gonna ignore that blackbird guy since it seems like he just posts about feeling sorry for himself.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The truly rich are the ones that are not enslaved by time, are healthy, and have a good family. Everything else is a mirage at best. People often go on the search for something only to discover later that they've been chasing the wrong things.

Do something that you are passionate about and that can also make you money and fulfills that part of your life while trying to balance out in seeking other aspects as I mentioned above.

Remember, money can't buy you time. It can't guarantee you good health. And It can't give you a good family.

Work on getting rich not only in one area but all areas. Also realize there's a lot of fake rich guys out there.

Ask any rich sane guy and the last thing he'll bring up is wishing he had more money.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I actually got my real estate license back in November of last year for a similar reason, though as a new agent I have yet to find a way to break into the market and build relationships that will get me business. So I'm working on finding an approach that works for me...

So I've got that, the talent manager helping me get ready for the showcase, and I work a part time job at a medical marijuana clinic for income.

In the past I've started a Facebook ad agency that didn't do so well due to not really being taken seriously (tried to offer it for free for testimonials, feel like I wasn't taken seriously because I was young), created a Shopify site that only broke even before the pandemic, and currently doing what's listed above to try and build capital for investing and potential daytrading.

I'm just trying to figure out how much effort to put into something to try and get it to stick before I should chalk it up as "not my thing" and try something else while I still have time.

Gonna ignore that blackbird guy since it seems like he just posts about feeling sorry for himself.
Join Biggerpockets.com. Go to local real estate meetups. Check for the ugliest homes in the nicest areas. Then, get a 203k rehab loan to fix it up. You can then rent it out for income or flip for a profit.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is going to sound familiar... as you have seen this forum for some time.

keep trying different ideas until one really likes you. have two or three things going so that you don't get broken if one of them flakes. When one of the ideas feels good or starts to make money give it more attention. Always keep something else cooking so in case **** happens.

how much is rich for you?

the question sounds funny, but I know ppl with very large boats that still want to get rich, and also know some that have a CHEAP car and 2 room house and they are rich because they say so. I know how corny that sounds, but it is the truth. The ones with the boats, in some cases the daddy have a bigger one. the ones with a CHEAP car grew up with no car and not much food. In many cases, the feeling of rich for the man is based on how the women around him behave.

this sht is all relative.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Whatever you say bud.

Start a thread and don't put anything negative in it. Like a journal tell every day what you're doing to improve. The guys in the forum, some will like or not like it. Think about what they tell. If you just put crap in it they will probably ignore it.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Start a thread and don't put anything negative in it. Like a journal tell every day what you're doing to improve. The guys in the forum, some will like or not like it. Think about what they tell. If you just put crap in it they will probably ignore it.
Interesting point, appreciate the reply. Without a 30 page essay about how I came to this place in my life the
vast majority wouldn't see why I see the world the way I do. Some of it is circumstantial, some of it is genetic.
some of it is my loss of will in general and some is societal. I genuinely couldn't tell you the last time something
positive happened in my life but I suppose it would be managing to get hired during the pandemic bo11ocks and
surviving a cull of 400 from a group of 500 when demand went down after the Amazon Christmas/New year peak.
They are merciless in offing staff that don't make the grade and literally every last thing I do in there is measurable
and constantly monitored. My temporary contract ends in August and then it's back to scrimping and saving again.
What money I do earn is soaked up by my impending divorce, payment for legal services including an eviction of
one of my tenants so I can sell the house and move on with my life. I have another house on the market on which
the sale has stalled somewhat and I am about to put it back on the market. When they have both sold I'm set to
pocket about £375,000 - essentially that's my divorce settlement. My wife lives and will continue to do so in house #3
which is equal in value to the other two. I've been living in someone's spare room since Oct 2019 with about 10 feet
square to call my own space for what it's worth. The bulk of that time under lockdown. My plan is to buy a house in Wales
as property is cheap there and I can buy outright leaving a six figure sum in reserve. With that I aim to start a dog
walking business. I don't want for expensive toys, fancy holidays or any of that stuff. I've seen more of the world than
90% of people ever will already, my wife and I were very financially secure. I just want a calm, peaceful ending to my life
in a space I can call my own with a couple of Dobermans for company.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting point, appreciate the reply. Without a 30 page essay about how I came to this place in my life the
vast majority wouldn't see why I see the world the way I do. Some of it is circumstantial, some of it is genetic.
some of it is my loss of will in general and some is societal. I genuinely couldn't tell you the last time something
positive happened in my life but I suppose it would be managing to get hired during the pandemic bo11ocks and
surviving a cull of 400 from a group of 500 when demand went down after the Amazon Christmas/New year peak.
They are merciless in offing staff that don't make the grade and literally every last thing I do in there is measurable
and constantly monitored. My temporary contract ends in August and then it's back to scrimping and saving again.
What money I do earn is soaked up by my impending divorce, payment for legal services including an eviction of
one of my tenants so I can sell the house and move on with my life. I have another house on the market on which
the sale has stalled somewhat and I am about to put it back on the market. When they have both sold I'm set to
pocket about £375,000 - essentially that's my divorce settlement. My wife lives and will continue to do so in house #3
which is equal in value to the other two. I've been living in someone's spare room since Oct 2019 with about 10 feet
square to call my own space for what it's worth. The bulk of that time under lockdown. My plan is to buy a house in Wales
as property is cheap there and I can buy outright leaving a six figure sum in reserve. With that I aim to start a dog
walking business. I don't want for expensive toys, fancy holidays or any of that stuff. I've seen more of the world than
90% of people ever will already, my wife and I were very financially secure. I just want a calm, peaceful ending to my life
in a space I can call my own with a couple of Dobermans for company.
got it. you do have a plan. parts of what you tell I can identify, other parts not. if you are really in the situation you're telling yourself ahead of NINTY (90) % of the world. Believe it. your story has different details from mine, but the ideas are the same; I get it.
at the risk (that I don't really care about) of sounding arrogant; suggest getting the book they recommend, The power of now by eckhart tolle, and actually read it slowly. I got that title from this forum and it was one of the more valuable things from SS, for me.

read that book. after you read it, if you want pm me and tell what you get from it. or update this thread your choice. after doing that probably can get back to the other topics in this forum as they will all seem different then.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I haven't read a book for maybe 30 years.
I don't really have the attention span and before long I'm skim reading.
I'll see if I can find an audio version. Thanks for a considered reply.