Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Those of you over 30: If you were 25 again, what would you change?

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Occupied it with study and work, but I could have fitted in some more women, if I tried. But I didn't.

ORTIZ SANCHEZ

Don Juan
Reaction score
so whats better if youre under 25 dating and so on and not worrying about the future or taking life serious and later on loosening up

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ortiz,

It should have been about moderation for me. A balance of such. I mean your twenties and thirties are two different stages of life. I think I did dumber things in my twenties than my thirties. I'd say be more serious with the direction you want to go with your life.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
I was married at 25 and divorced at 31. I regret not having the mental constitution to distinguish that which I needed and that which I supplicated to keep the peace.

I have attained the goals I set for myself regarding my filmmaking career and aristic endeavors. My relationship goals are always in progress and I've learned it's important to learn from them, good or bad.

"A million light reflections pass over me." I think about this line from Tool and let my regrets slide away . . .

Patton said: "Men, Ever forward. Never retreat." This is my maxim.

Bad_Lil'Pixie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would get past the selfishness and my "me" phases. I would cut back on social friends, especially the male ones. I would have quit focusing on myself and began focusing on my husband and home a heck of a lot sooner. My best days have been my life with him.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Bad_Lil'Pixie said:
I would get past the selfishness and my "me" phases.

I strongly believe these are extremely important times in every persons, men and women, lives. These are the reference points which we guage the relationships of the future.

Good post sugar. :cheer:

CDogg

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 25 now, but i think i will regret if i dont excercise now. Being healthy is very important.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My only regret is not having been more self-centered and more self-concerned then. As superficial as that sounds, if I had been watching out for my own well-being rather than trying to please others, I would never have had to endure the other regrets I experienced. I mean this on every level - personal, educational, financial, family and women-wise.

It is better to regret something you have done, than regret something you haven't done.

Cruise

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No regrets. I'm not 25 yet.

Great wisdom from the elders!!!

ntssv

Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Break any and all bad habits bye the age of thirty. I wise one told me this in my late twenties (now 32) and sure wish I would have listened. Habits are much harder to break the longer you've done them.

2. Learn patience! If you get in a hurry, things will get F**ked up.

3. Don't give a sh!t about anyone else but yourself. Do what you gotta do, not what others want you to do.

jordan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wish that i understood the thought process of a women more. And also wish i knew how to read a women body lanquage when she was interested in me. Looking back i missed out on alot of fine women not knowing this stuff. I wish this site was around when i was younger.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ntssv said:
1. Break any and all bad habits bye the age of thirty. I wise one told me this in my late twenties (now 32) and sure wish I would have listened. Habits are much harder to break the longer you've done them.

2. Learn patience! If you get in a hurry, things will get F**ked up.

3. Don't give a sh!t about anyone else but yourself. Do what you gotta do, not what others want you to do.
It's amazing how when we become adults we have to learn to ditch all our preconceived notions of how to live our lives during adolescence. Reprogramming social conditioning we picked up along the way from the media and parents. It's that big maturity leap from boy to man. Good advice ntssv. This thread is really hitting home for me since I just started my mid-20s.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only relevant question is what we should do now. I think you should find out what's biochemically "off" in your head that causes you to be sad despite having a pretty good life.

In my case, food allergies caused the person who used to have my name to be a chronically depressed and neurotic. Could be one of many things, in your case, not necessarily what you might expect. The best thing to do is find out and correct whatever it is as soon as you can, so you can feel as good as you can.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is better to regret something you have done, than regret something you haven't done.
Some people on Death Row might argue with you on that one, Rollo T. And some of them who are in fact innocent might wholeheartedly agree.

Duffty

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bonhomme said:
Some people on Death Row might argue with you on that one, Rollo T. And some of them who are in fact innocent might wholeheartedly agree.
A retard might argue with you that he should not be born. And you could argue with him why you like a retarded as a son.

MVP

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bourne said:
Some things I wish I did...
- Not take everything so seriously
- Date more, have sex more and enjoy life alot more
- Move on from sh1t that makes you unhappy
- School and education
- Go out and make friends in all places and appraoch and date girls
- Take more risks and chances, this is your only chance in life.

I just started to follow this philosophy and I hope you come up with something similar too. It is never too late.
That speaks to me on many levels. Thanks.

SoCalMike

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i would

-date more, instead of trying so hard to make messy LTRs work

-improve myself more then instead of doing it when i turned 30. this means dressing better, better hairstyle, work out more, eat less junk food, etc. i hardly paid any attention to my appearance when i was 20-25

-not view women as such a big deal, take a more relaxed attitude toward them.

-not worry about being single, in fact relish it

and finally...

-not waste so much money!

SoCalMike

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
My only regret is not having been more self-centered and more self-concerned then. As superficial as that sounds, if I had been watching out for my own well-being rather than trying to please others, I would never have had to endure the other regrets I experienced. I mean this on every level - personal, educational, financial, family and women-wise.

Yes yes YES, that is so dead on. I forgot to mention it in my reply, but I too had to learn to stop basing every decision I made on who it made happy - my parents, my friends, my g/f, my boss. Too often I put my true desires on the back burner in order to "make everyone happy", which I finally learned is impossible.

Guys, go for what you REALLY want, regardless of who it upsets.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me second that ... I had people talk me out of (quality) girls I wanted to date; talk me into jobs I shouldn't have taken, cars I shouldn't have bought, etc.. I would say looking out for oneself isn't being "self-centered" but "self-concerned."

Bad decisions -- based on others -- is really damaging and it starts a cycle of depression, anxiety, and anger.

Follow your inner voice and your heart.