Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

This shouldn't work at all, but it does...anyone know why?

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, I've thought this over and thoroughly puzzled myself. I mean thoroughly.

At work today, I decided to try a little experiment. Instead of being ****y & funny to all my coworkers and the customers, I was downright arrogant. I ripped them every chance possible and took them down a notch whenever I could. I berated them and their abilities. I mean, I went below the belt. BUT...and this is the BUT...I kept a good tone of voice, a smile on my face, and KINOed it like crazy. I delivered it as a sort of joke, but carried this 'joke' far beyonds its humor factor. I was brutal with my words. This should have made people incredibly pissed and angry towards me.

Results? I had my female coworkers significantly more interested in me and I was able to # close a couple customers.

But, WHY does this work, guys? In all senses, I should have been slapped and kicked in the balls about 354,399 times today. The only thing I can possibly link this to is neg-hits, but this goes far beyond taking chicks off their pedestals. It was along the lines of digging to China and dropping them down the hole. By being arrogant and inconsiderate, I was able to have even more success than usual. This is extremely perplexing.

If you want to see, try it yourself. Maybe I got extremely lucky. Or maybe I'm that damn good. Whatever.

Any possible explanations out there for this?

------------------
You only live life once, so you gotta screw it up GOOD.

CrzyBadBoyDJ

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Extreme confidence maybe? You had the anti-compliment going. Post an example of a particular customer man!

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I noticed that too, while I was hitting on my football team's cute 25y/o physiotherapist last week. I had her eating out of the palm of my hand, and I have no real clue why it worked so well. Heck, she was the only woman in a room of about, I dunno, 60+ men who like her as well, and I could probably have ****ed her in the bathroom had I been so inclined.

But I haven't really tried enough to conclude anything firsthand. One of my buddies who almost always acts arrogant gets lots of girls' attention, so I guess that's one "plus" for the arrogant folks.

Anyway, I guess we all need to conduct a study about arrogance vs C&F, what do y'all say?

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As per request, a couple examples of the low blows I've dealt recently...

(talking about a test with a HB after class)
Her: That was a pretty cheap question he threw at us there, wasn't it?
Me: Yeah, well, we all know how cheap you are, so you shouldn't have had any trouble with it. What're you now, 5 cents? Aren't small animals afraid of you?
Her: (playful punch)
Me: Hey, I'M not that cheap. Hands off the merchandise...

I then ended the convo, and had her watching me stroll off down the hall. Bingo.

Another example...from work yesterday, talking to another cashier. Her shift was just ending as my shift was starting...

Her: Aw, I'm not going to be working with you tonight...
Me: Hey, that means I might actually have a GOOD time at work, then. (delivered with a straight face and blank stare).
Her: That's mean! You know you love me!
Me: Apparently my 'knowledge' is incorrect again...gotta get that looked at...
Her: Fine, I'm leaving! (smiling)
Me: That's the best thing I've heard all day, now get out of here (still blank stare)
Her: See ya later! (wave and smile)
Me: Hopefully I won't see YOU!

Once again, this worked amazing. This is pretty damn odd. The chick in the second convo is maybe a 5.5, and that's pushing it. I was just out to see if perhaps a chick with possible low self esteem would derail the arrogant approach. It didn't. Oh well.

On a little side note...I WAS able to get a girl to snap on me today. I pull incredible marks in school (94 average) and so I felt inclined to show her (maybe a 7.5) the test that I aced and she didn't do too well on. Keep in mind she's pretty smart. Anyhow, so I'm just being a complete ass, sitting next to her with my test and pointing to the 100% at the top...

Me: Wow, I think I need glasses, I can't read that number so well, could you help me? Is it a good mark?
Her: Hey, shut up (playfully)
Me: I think it starts with a 1...and then there's a couple zeroes back there...what is that number? I ain't too sure, haven't paid much attention in math recently...
Her: Ok, that's it! I've had enough of your attitude lately! Just because you're smart and all and get perfect on tests doesn't mean you have to go show it off to everyone! There's more to life than just bragging! You make me sick! (she was pretty damn pissed)
Me: (turns to my bud) I think someone's...what's that word...starts with a 'J'...oh, JEALOUS!! I think she's jealous!
Her: (leaves, still pissed, while my buds crack up)

ANYWAYS. The worst rips were too long to post, so those ones might seem a little bland.

Keep in mind I delivered these with hardly any humour in my voice, and in most cases, not even a smile. Yet the reaction was amazing.

Yeah, I do feel that we need to pursue this arrogance issue further. This could be very promising. I think possibly many chicks have never been ripped by guys on a consistent basis, and the different approach is intriguing to them. Any other theories?

If I got time, I'll post more results tomorrow.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Luscious (edited 12-09-2002).]

donshawv

Don Juan
Reaction score
EXACTLY

I posted about this before and everyone here was telling me how wrong I was. I figured that I must be wrong since this site is all "master dj's" But no, I feel that I was right.

The more you rip into girls, the more they feel they have to change your mind about them, and the more they act nice towards you, and end up liking you. I really think this is true.

No, it shouldn't work, but it does. Why? I posted my theories about it before, but was for the most part ignored.

But I have to agree with you man, it works, and probably better than most of the DJ methods here (i.e. smiling, eye contact, good body language, kino). In combination with these things, I think you can be deadly.

KinoOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try doing it to a 19 y/o cutie, she'll prolly think your a rude asswhole like alot of other men shes met, just tryin for her panties [even if you are, go about it better, will ya?]. Thats why C+F is better. And C+F is better because your smiling. It sends subcontius messages out, letting her know your friendly, even if you arn't too interested in her. When your an ass, you'll get shut down by more mature women. Girls can't tell the dif between arrogant and C+F in context, it all depends on how you say it.

If your gonna experiment, try this. Write down 2 a generic comments that are boarderline C+F and arrogant. Deliver them each 2x C+F, and 2x arrogant, durring approaches. Note the girls age after their reaction. I'll bet C+F if done correctly gets way better reactions.

Being C+F if done right WILL STILL CREATE THE 'I MUST CHANGE HIS OPINION OF ME' feeling, just like arrogant. But it will also flaunt your good looks [smiling makes you look better], it makes you fun and outgoing [smiling/energetic as apposed to bland and rude], and it makes you interesting. Because you would only be ****y/playful to a woman you are not interested in, but is still your FRIEND. You are putting HER in the friends zone. Thats why its better.

Chances are you wern't C+Fing right. And anotherthing, while showing true arrogance you would never get KINO. It just doesn't make sense. I mean, the lines in yoru first 2 examples wern't that bad, if you delivered them smiling and playing around, thats just HS blunt C+F, nothing special about it. Maybe you misconstrued what you were doin.

------------------
Peace With Inches - Al Pachino
I don’t know what to say, really. Three minutes ‘till the biggest battle of our professional lives. It all comes down to today. Either we heal as a team, or we’re going to crumble: inch-by-inch, play-by-play, ‘till we’re finished. We’re in hell right now, gentlemen... believe me. And, we can stay here, and get the **** kicked out of us. Or we can fight our way back, into the light. We can climb out of hell, one inch at a time. Now, I can’t do it for you, I’m too old. I look around I see these young faces, and I think... I mean, I’ve made every wrong choice a middle age man can make. I, ah, pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who’s ever loved me. And lately, I can’t even stand the face I see in the mirror. You know, when you get old in life, things get taken from you. I mean that’s, that’s, that’s part of life. But you only learn that when you start losing stuff. You find out: life’s this game of inches, so is football. Because in game, life or football, the margin for error is so small, I mean, one half a step to late or too early and you don’t quite make it. One half a second to slow to fast and you don’t quite ketch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They’re in every break in the game, every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves, and everyone around us, to pieces for that inch. We claw, with our fingernails, for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches, that’s going to make the fvcking’ difference between winning and losing... between living and dying! I’ll tell you this, in any fight, its the guy who’s willing to die who’s going to get that inch. And I know, if I’m going to have any life any more, it’s because I’m willing to fight, and die, for that inch. Because that’s what living is, the six inches in front of your face! Now, I can’t make you do it. You got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. I think your going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. Your going to see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it your going to do the same for him. And either we heal now as a team, or we will die as individuals. That’s football, guys, that’s all it is. Now, what are you going to do?

[This message has been edited by KinoOI (edited 12-09-2002).]

DJ Girevik

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Try it with a smile, then try it without a smile, and notice the different reactions. I can guarantee a better reaction with a smile, which means it's just a diff sort of ****y+funny

Sex Ninja

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Luscious:
Alright, I've thought this over and thoroughly puzzled myself. I mean thoroughly.

At work today, I decided to try a little experiment. Instead of being ****y & funny to all my coworkers and the customers, I was downright arrogant. I ripped them every chance possible and took them down a notch whenever I could. I berated them and their abilities. I mean, I went below the belt. BUT...and this is the BUT...I kept a good tone of voice, a smile on my face, and KINOed it like crazy. I delivered it as a sort of joke, but carried this 'joke' far beyonds its humor factor. I was brutal with my words. This should have made people incredibly pissed and angry towards me.

Results? I had my female coworkers significantly more interested in me and I was able to # close a couple customers.

But, WHY does this work, guys? In all senses, I should have been slapped and kicked in the balls about 354,399 times today. The only thing I can possibly link this to is neg-hits, but this goes far beyond taking chicks off their pedestals. It was along the lines of digging to China and dropping them down the hole. By being arrogant and inconsiderate, I was able to have even more success than usual. This is extremely perplexing.

If you want to see, try it yourself. Maybe I got extremely lucky. Or maybe I'm that damn good. Whatever.

Any possible explanations out there for this?

When a woman falls for a jerk, she has this illusion of him as a great man with great levels of confidence. A man with a positive attitude often has real confidence. So naturally when you act like a jerk but in a positive way you add reality to an illusion and appear to hold a supreme level of superiority.

------------------
I'm not arrogant, I'm just superior to you in every way

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A small update:

Tried delivering the putdowns both in C&F style and plain arrogant style today...got roughly an equal response, however, I did happen upon something pretty damn interesting.

When throwing down the arrogant routine on a few chicks (individually), all three of them right out told me I was being very ****y, in plain terms. These chicks didn't know each other or see me talking with the others.
If I'm missing something here, pardon my ignorance. However, if broads are right out calling me ****y (using that exact word), what kind of an indicator is this to gauge my success?

On a related note...I need a small pointer. How do I successfully transition from ripping on the chick to a good convo where I can put in some DJ skills? I've tried this, with limited success. There's usually some sort of awkward moment in there, and then the convo picks up again.
I'm able to do a straight up convo, and the arrogant convo, but the transition between the two is killing me.

Look forward to your responses, guys.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Luscious (edited 12-10-2002).]

KinoOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I ran the experiment today too, I stepped up my ****yness to way above normal, but kept it funny and upbeat, with the smile. Results were spectacular.

I only attempted atransition once, with a complementary remark SLIGHTLY relating to what I'd been ribbin her on:

<she is at the board, drawing christmas pictures, and they're O.K., but I'm ribben em BAD, like saying raindeer look like rabbits, ect. She drew a piece of coal under a christmas tree and labeled it 'anthony'
> Just when she's on the verge of getting pist about my comments I walk up to inspect her drawings more closely. As she's drawing I stand behind her, lookin over her sholder, and I rest my hand on the small of her back. When she's done she looks back What do ya think, Anthony?

Its the best one yet... but, well <lookin @ the other drawings to signafy 'that aint saying much'>. But hey, as long as ya try <bright, friendly smile, touching her lightly on the arm>.

Ya, its the effort that counts <happy about my change in tone>!

And besides, I donno anyone who'd look more adorable drawing silly cartoons than you Cheral <she blushed>. Ah, flataries aside, (talk about class)...

I did alrite... I'm gonna #close asap, prolly tomorrow or the day after.

------------------
Peace With Inches - Al Pachino
I don’t know what to say, really. Three minutes ‘till the biggest battle of our professional lives. It all comes down to today. Either we heal as a team, or we’re going to crumble: inch-by-inch, play-by-play, ‘till we’re finished. We’re in hell right now, gentlemen... believe me. And, we can stay here, and get the **** kicked out of us. Or we can fight our way back, into the light. We can climb out of hell, one inch at a time. Now, I can’t do it for you, I’m too old. I look around I see these young faces, and I think... I mean, I’ve made every wrong choice a middle age man can make. I, ah, pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who’s ever loved me. And lately, I can’t even stand the face I see in the mirror. You know, when you get old in life, things get taken from you. I mean that’s, that’s, that’s part of life. But you only learn that when you start losing stuff. You find out: life’s this game of inches, so is football. Because in game, life or football, the margin for error is so small, I mean, one half a step to late or too early and you don’t quite make it. One half a second to slow to fast and you don’t quite ketch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They’re in every break in the game, every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves, and everyone around us, to pieces for that inch. We claw, with our fingernails, for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches, that’s going to make the fvcking’ difference between winning and losing... between living and dying! I’ll tell you this, in any fight, its the guy who’s willing to die who’s going to get that inch. And I know, if I’m going to have any life any more, it’s because I’m willing to fight, and die, for that inch. Because that’s what living is, the six inches in front of your face! Now, I can’t make you do it. You got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. I think your going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. Your going to see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it your going to do the same for him. And either we heal now as a team, or we will die as individuals. That’s football, guys, that’s all it is. Now, what are you going to do?

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yay, guys.
Gotta push that ****y switch to Maximum!
And include smiling in maybe little later then

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very nice stuff...

I think the appeal of the increased ****iness is because most chicks (especially high school ones) have always been treated like gold by guys. When we start taking them down a notch (or several hundred
) with the heavy ****iness, this is rare and also mysterious...raises lots of questions about us...in short, it's mystery creating material. As has been beaten senselessly to death on this board, chicks love the rare and mysterious commodity. Chicks will be wondering:

WHY is this guy treating me like an ordinary chick?
WHY do I not cause him to do anything and everything for me?
WHY do I have to wear these damn panties?

...ok, maybe not the last one, unless you're REAL smooth
. But this is definitely getting some more examination tomorrow at school.

BTW, thanks for the great example of a transition.

------------------

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice topic you brought up Luscious!

I'm starting to think that instead of being ****y 'n funny all the time, you should be ARROGANT 50% and So Suave 50%.

So Suave = charming, smooth, romantic.

When you're arrogant, chicks start to wonder about your 'nice' side, if you have one, and how sweet you must be.
And once you give a taste of this sweet side and take it from them, being arrogant again, they get crazy!! They want you to be nice again!!

Being arrogant then sweet, you show that you're a MAN, and that you don't need her, but you're nice enough to let them have a piece of your 'smooth you'.

I'm puting this to work, and I'm noticing that chicks don't resist it.
Every chick that you have oportunity to talk in a frequent basis, if you apply the 50/50 formula you're very likely to succeed.

Like Trent says in Swingers, 'There's no problem in showing chicks that you're money, and you want to party'.
This is a novel and DJ way to show chicks that you're money, and you want to party with them.

But the problem of arrogance is that people who misunderstand it will start hating you.
Like, some girls are too insecure, they'll hate you and diss you. That can be bad for your rep, but as arrogant as you are, you just don't care

I think that when doing a task,like playing a sport or djin' girls, the best players are arrogant. They can't help it, it's a sign of efficiency. We just can't let it get in our way when we're not doing the tasks, so there's no arrogance among our friends or our family.

My $0,02, I still want to embrace this discussion with more time. I'd love to hear some feedback!!

BBB

------------------
"The Breakfast of Champions isn't cereal, it's the competition!"

Show me the funniest man you know, and I AM at least as funny as him and ****ier.
Show me the ****iest man you know, and I AM at least as ****y as him and funnier.
Now show me the ****iest and funniest man ever, and I AM GOING TO SEE MYSELF :)

atrWu

Don Juan
Reaction score
its late and im thinking about trying this...
now what would happen if u tried this on very good female friends? good or bad respnse

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trying it on good female friends? Beat you to the punch

Actually, my female friend saw me today and said something along the lines of "You've been pretty damn ****y lately and it's not making a lot of people happy"

I was like "Alright, who is 'a lot of people'" (just plain out calling her ****)

Her: I can't tell you. Just a lot of people don't like your attitude.

Me: Right...(sarcastically...it was classic). Well, then, it just sucks to be 'a lot of people', doesn't it?

Her: ...(I forget, just changed the topic...)

This was a friend from my AFC days. It may be that she's somewhat mystified as to why she can't whip me back to the old me, and is angry about this. I thought I handled it correctly by not blowing up and not letting it get to me at all. I delivered the lines cooly and with a large degree of general disinterest in what she was saying.

The arrogance update
I worked on the smile during delivery and the transitions, and boy, did it work. A few girls used an arrogant comment by me to initiate kino with me through a playful punch or something along those lines as 'retaliation'. It was easy stuff from then on in. I also found that as you go along, as BBB pointed out, it's golden if you put down some 'so suave' attitude in between arrogance. It definitely keeps 'em guessing, keeps you from being predictable, and also allows them to feel a wide range of emotions.

Anyone else have anything to comment on/contribute?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Luscious (edited 12-11-2002).]

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
...just figured this could use a BUMP...

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Luscious, I'm keeping up the arrogant thing.
There's this chick, one of those "I'm such a bad-@ss" girls.
She's used to having attention always, making fun of guys, getting atention and compliments.

Then, she suddenly sees me. I never, never compliment her, I curse her, tell her she's stupid, fat, ugly and easy for anyone to kiss ;)

Then, sometimes, I'm extra nice, very sweet to her.
She's all confused and stuff.

But lately I went too far with the arrogant thing, I even told her to f*ck off, and she's kinda mad at me.

Now, I have two paths to take, I can apologize and be nice for a while, or I can keep up with the prick atittude.

I don't know what to do... when I see her online, I'll try something and post later on...

She's intrigued with me, because I pratically 'hate' her and yet I wanna go out with her...

Have you, or anyone else taken the arrogant thing too far ??
How did you act later ??

Please share some experiences with me !!

Thanks in advance,

BBB

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah but the problem is will everyone else like your attitude?

Keep up the attitude and you won't have a job soon. Depending on your job status (mainly for higher-end jobs such as law, business and politics), you'll even find yourself losing valueable contacts and opportunities.

I agree this sort of attitude can work well, but while you'll be doing great with women, your career will suffer as a consequence. Telling some guy to shut the f*ck up and then realising he was worth $30M to your company isn't worth it. And a career is worth much more than any woman.

Look at some of the greatest men in history - Lincoln, Franklin, Roosevelt, Rockfeller - they were nice, confident, not rude to anyone, never disagreed, always respected everyone's attitude, accepting of everyone, but at the same time had their agenda. And look where they got up to.

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some replies, and a little report...

Yeah, it's happened where I've managed to take it too far, BBB.
The good news is that you can turn it around easily. Just remember, and this is crucial, smile during the delivery. When you smile while basically insulting the chick, it's mixed messages. Remember how us guys are wondering what the hell is going on when a chick gives us mixed messages? Now imagine how a broad feels! This is mystery, pure mystery, and also pure money.

A small update...at work (Wal-Mart) I was actually able to get chicks 'competing' over my attention (they were fellow employees)...they would cut each other off in conversation, attempting to capture my interest. The best part: they initiated kino, and hard! As long as the arrogant approach continues to work amazingly well, I'm gonna keep using it, and posting some reports as well...

Diplomatic_Lies, I only adopt this arrogant attitude when around chicks or in casual situations. I would not recommend this in business dealings or anything where your professional career is on the line, because you WILL get shot down, and shot down hard. This won't make you golf buddies, or get you drinking pals; the arrogant approach is best suited to dealing with broads. I don't doubt that you'd get fired if you used this in business dealings...you'd come off as an arrogant SOB...unless that's what you're aiming for ;)...