Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

This is disturbing and sad: Police raid Maryland Mayor's home and murder his 2 dogs..

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
Just read this on Yahoo, and am disgusted and disheartened by it. I hate when I read things like this. According to a neighbor, "the 2 dogs never hurt anyone and barely even barked". According to the Mayor, the dogs(black labs) were both gentle creatures, and said police apparently killed them for "sport" gunning down one of them as it was, no less, RUNNING AWAY. There hasn't even been an apology on behalf of the police dept. I can see maybe using force if the dogs were trying to attack the police, but that doesn't seem to have been the case. Here's the article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080808/ap_on_re_us/marijuana_packages.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
you'd think these knuckleheads would do a little research before planning a raid. This is basically a police state where the police trample over citizens behind any goofy pretext..and get away with it until they do it to a high profile person.

3countriesPlan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why don't they shoot gang members running away? What a bunch of retards. You can shoot a cute laborador as its running but you don't dare shoot a gangster huh? Losers..

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This happens all the time. It's pretty much a given that if your house gets raided that the cops shoot your dogs. This is only news because the cops were too stupid to notice that it was the mayor's house.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mayor Cheye Calvo describes raid in e-mail to friends:

Dear Friends and Neighbors-

Yesterday evening, as my mother-in-law prepared dinner and I changed clothes hurrying to head to a community meeting, a heavily-armed county SWAT team burst through our living room door and shot and killed both of our dogs. There were loud voices. In the sights of two high-caliber weapons, I was ushered downstairs in only my boxer shorts before I was bound and forced to kneel on the floor. My mother-in-law was bound face down in the kitchen. The dead body of my bigger and older dog, Payton, laid in a pool of blood on the other side of the living room.

It was some time before someone spoke to me other than to yell orders. I was told there was a warrant but was never shown one. After many questions and much anger, I was told that they had intercepted a package addressed to our house that contained 32 pounds of marijuana. The large, white box, which I just had retrieved from the front porch, sat unopened on a living room table.

The county police then proceeded to turn our house upside-down. I was moved to the kitchen, where I could see my little dog, Chase, lying in his own pool of blood. My mother-in-law watched them shoot him while he was running away. After about 90 minutes, they finally removed my restraints, which tied my hands behind my back. About the same time, Animal Control came to remove our dogs. Emotions overtook me; I broke down and sobbed.

They asked questions. Through my anger, hurt, and confusion, I answered them. Trinity came home from work a little after 8:00 pm, and they questioned her outside. We both were and remain in shock. It does not make sense, but shared what we could. About three-and-a-half hours passed before they acknowledged that they had found nothing to connect us to the box, but could not be 100 certain whether or not we were involved. The package alone was enough to arrest us all, they said, but they would not so long as we continued to cooperate.

Then they left. The broken front door remained open and unsecured. Blood from my dogs was pooled and tracked throughout the house. Our belongings were pulled from drawers, closets, and trunks and tossed about, piled in the middle of rooms and on tables and beds.

A Berwyn Heights officer on the scene helped me get the door shut. Just after midnight, I began to clean up the blood. We put a few things back. Trinity and I tried to sleep. Instead, we both laid there through the night as disbelief, fear, and anger played off one another. We try to make sense of it. They invaded our home and killed our dogs! That, above all else, can't be undone.

A friend came this morning to secure the door. People have begun to call, and the outpouring of friendship and support brings tears to my eyes. The media calls have begun, as well.

I wanted to get this out so that you at least hear the story from me. This promises to be a lengthy process, which will involve telling and re-living this story time and again. Hopefully, the healing will begin soon.

Warm regards,

Cheye

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mayor of Maryland busted for narc. Whoop-de-doo. I love dogs, but get a grip people, they're just animals.

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pets are family. You don't mess with a man's family...

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that they are just dogs but if they have no intent on attacking or let alone bark while someone breaks into the room yelling then there is no reason to shoot or at least harm the animal.

Our laws are so construed that every day REAL criminals get away on parole while REAL hardworking citizens get thrown in jail for being so called an "Accomplice."

I have no respect for ANY police officer ......I'm sorry I use to not be this way but watching as good men and women get taken to jail while the real criminals go free is just to much to bear.

Plus I thought it was INNOCENT until PROVEN GUILTY.....guess nowadays its the other way around. I think the mayor should sue for negligence and assault with a deadly weapon, I dont think you charge them with going into your home since they DID say they had a warrant but destruction of property (Dogs) is possible.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
It's just a constitution, too.
It really sounds like a bundle of MJ was tracked there and a real warrant was issued and served. What do you want?

For what it's worth I don't like drug laws in general nor do I care for no-knock warrants but those gripes are sort of OT.

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
Mayor of Maryland busted for narc. Whoop-de-doo. I love dogs, but get a grip people, they're just animals.
Get a grip, you're just a human. Just because an animal can't talk or do everything we do, doesn't mean they don't feel. You sure you're not anything less than an animal?, because that sure was an unintelligent statement on your behalf.

Last edited:

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
j0n024 said:
Our laws are so construed that every day REAL criminals get away on parole while REAL hardworking citizens get thrown in jail for being so called an "Accomplice."
I know, and that's the disturbing part. There's absolutely zero logic behind it.

j0n024 said:
I have no respect for ANY police officer ......I'm sorry I use to not be this way but watching as good men and women get taken to jail while the real criminals go free is just to much to bear.
Again, I agree. And the police wonder why people have disdain for them. Actually they don't wonder why, they actually KNOW why, but play stupid and in the process try to make themselves look like victims. Yeah, good one. People know the real deal. I've found that most police officers lack compassion and lack a conscience. If these police really cared about what they did to those dogs and cared about the grief it's causing the mayor and his wife, they would've issued an apology.

Watching good men and women go to jail, while real true criminals go free, is highly disturbing. Again, I don't understand the logic behind it. It goes to show ya how f*cked up and backwards, and what shape the U.S. is in. You wonder how these politicians make it to their state Capitols and Congress. These are supposed to be intelligent people, but I've come to realize in life that, you don't have to be intelligent to be a politician. Just look at the laws and justice system. We have a bunch of true genuine retards running the show. And people have to suffer badly for it.

j0n024 said:
Plus I thought it was INNOCENT until PROVEN GUILTY.....guess nowadays its the other way around.
I guess so right? The whole system has gone to the wayside.

j0n024 said:
I think the mayor should sue for negligence and assault with a deadly weapon, I dont think you charge them with going into your home since they DID say they had a warrant but destruction of property (Dogs) is possible.
I hope this guy goes to the FULL extent of the law(heh, whatever's left of it right? *sarcasm*) to bring these scumbag wastes of life to justice.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
you'd think these knuckleheads would do a little research before planning a raid. This is basically a police state where the police trample over citizens behind any goofy pretext..and get away with it until they do it to a high profile person.
Yup.

ketostix said:
This is basically a police state where the police trample over citizens behind any goofy pretext..and get away with it.
And I especially agree with this.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
edger said:
Get a grip, you're just a human.
And your point is what? The rights afforded all humans under the Constitution should be extended to all mammals? Animals? Living things? Or are you just talking out your ass and have no reasonable point?

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
I think the point is the police have no right to shoot your pets just because they can and they want to crap on you. It's not so much about the aniumals rights as it is just trampling on the person as much as possible.

Another problem is that warrants are issued without any good cause or under a dishonest application. They should've known and probably did know at the time that someone was shipping these packages to unsuspecting people's addresses and someone else was picking them up. What they did here was try to entrap and set up a sting for people that probably had nothing to do with the package shipment. It's not any fun for them catch the real bad guys, it's more fun entrapping an innocent person.

Crooks send packages of stolen or illegal stuff to people's addresses quite a bit. Is that reason for them to get a warrant and raid and shoot up your house and pets?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the eyes of the law, the dogs are property and themselves have no rights. However, the Fifth Amendment says that basically the government can't come into your house and break or take your stuff without a good reason. The damage to the door is always forgiven in these cases and not held against the cops; judges reason that busting in the door is necessary and cops are in the business of breaking doors not fixing them. Shooting dogs is ok if it is done for the purpose of officer safety. It happens all the time when that is not the real reason, but police officers will always lie to protect each other, so it is about impossible to prove that they killed the dog maliciously. Even if they can, the damages are almost certainly going to be limited to the few hundred bucks it takes to buy new dogs.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If the issue is that we're unhappy about the laws and procedures that surround issuing a warrant in Massachusetts ... fine. So why the anger at the poor saps who had the job of serving it? Why not direct that where it belongs?

The fact is it looks like someone is trying to use a "think of the children" type emotional manipulation here based on the loss of a couple lovable furry pets. Sorry, try again. You have to come to me with substance, not a wheelbarrow full of **** disguised as a reason.

If you want sympathy, find a room full of women. LoveShack would probably be ready to lynch someone by now.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
And your point is what? The rights afforded all humans under the Constitution should be extended to all mammals? Animals? Living things?
Exactly. Animals have a right to live. So you mean to tell me you don't see anything wrong with killing an animal for no reason? Ya know, I don't know if anyone's ever told you, but people like you often turn out to be serial killers. Yup, in a lot of cases, it's starts out with killing animals with no remorse.

bigjohnson said:
Or are you just talking out your ass and have no reasonable point?
I think you mean yourself Mr. Johnson, right?