"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

This is a Don Juan Emergency!....sorta

SuaveD

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 2, 2003
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
~Nellyville~
Here is my situation boys....

There is this girl that I have liked for about a month or so, just casually liked, but I have been far too busy to get around to doing anything about her. Being in my last year of HS, I have got enough rough stuff (is that an alliteration?) going on to have to worry about the ladies.

Now I have known this girl for almost 2 years and over that time she has been in a bunch of classes with me. And every class I have had her in I would always always catch her looking at me, the good way, like glancing over to take a look at me. This girl likes me, I am a scary judge of character and I can often pick out relationships before they happen at my school, and I always know which girls like me and I am basically always right about it. It even scares me sometimes because I can tell that the fat and ugly *****es like me and I wish I couldn’t tell so much with them. Recently I have been hanging out with this girl and her friends at lunch and sometimes after school. She has been giving me some positive feedback when using Kino etc. Anyways, a while back, her best friend told me that one of her friends, which I assume to be the girl I like, wanted to go to prom with me. I assume it was this girl because most of her friends are in relationships so I went with it. Anyways, my point is that my gut is telling me that this girl likes me.

On Friday at lunch, her best friend told my best friend that this girl hates me and doesn’t even like me as a friend. They were talking about this girl and I somehow came up. My friend told me this and I was totally shocked. For someone to express an opinion that they hate someone is horrible. The word hate is so strong and I must have really done something for her to think that way. Well I haven’t seen this girl since then and she doesn’t know that I know she doesn’t like me at all. I have never let on that I like her by the way, so I don’t think she knows. I don’t know if I should believe what I am told or if I should go with my gut feeling. The word of hatred is coming from a very reliable source, but like I said…. I can ALWAYS tell when the ladies like me. Sometimes this girl is cold towards me though, but this is understandable because she does have mood swings like crazy, probably stress related. She laughs at my witty comments and my jokes. I’m sure she likes me. I was going to move in on her soon, but now that I hear the news I have quite a task ahead of me.

So my emergency is that I need someway to test her, or even better just someway to make her interest level shoot to the moon. I need to do this in 2-3 days because my prom is on Friday and I need to be getting me mine. How am I going to go about laying on some compliments without sounding to eager, but just friendly and cool? I’m pretty sure that’s what I need to do, but I need to do it very fast.

Maybe I’m just confused, but HELP its an emergency lol.

-D
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

grifter

Don Juan
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
very tough one... i would play it like this:

1) talk to her and become very friendly
2) bring up the fact that you had a huge crush on her "before"
3) she'll start to mush up, and then say something like, you know, you werent half as bad as i thought you were... you're real down to earth.... u got a date for the prom lol. :p
 

blienk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 4, 2003
Messages
543
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by grifter
very tough one... i would play it like this:

1) talk to her and become very friendly
2) bring up the fact that you had a huge crush on her "before"
3) she'll start to mush up, and then say something like, you know, you werent half as bad as i thought you were... you're real down to earth.... u got a date for the prom lol. :p
Number 2 is a terrible idea, and Number 3 would not happen in real life. Your best bet is to not give a fcuk what her friend told you and ask her out.
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by grifter
very tough one... i would play it like this:

1) talk to her and become very friendly
2) bring up the fact that you had a huge crush on her "before"
3) she'll start to mush up, and then say something like, you know, you werent half as bad as i thought you were... you're real down to earth.... u got a date for the prom lol. :p

ahahaha. When ya don't know what is best, SHHHHH.

You're being played Suave. This is just another *****y test. Just act like it never happened.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top