This girl took her birth control right in front of me...is this a sign?

Alonso

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sexy_Malibu
Except for seloifter, you guys are all clueless (no offense - it's not like guys are SUPPOSED to understand birth control pills).

So as a woman, (and you thought there'd never be anything women on the board could help you with, but obviously, there IS something I know that you guys don't, ha ha ;) ) here goes:

1. Birth control pills are not only used for birth control... they are used to regulate periods and to treat acne, in addition to contraception.

Yes, and not infrequently; and there are a fair number of women out there taking birth control despite not having gotten it on for a year or several years (or having any specific imminent prospect thereof) -- from what I understand, it's a relative hassle to start/stop, and relatively easy to stay on once you're on. I would be in malibu's camp here, to the extent that I would not assume oral contraceptives=nympho.

2. Birth control pills cannot be missed. It's really bad to skip a pill even one day (if you do skip a pill, you take two the next day, but it isn't good to take 2 at a time because then the hormones are stronger and create a worse side effect, ex. headache, nausea, etc) and if you do skip a day you make the birth control less effective.
True from everything I've heard -- and esp. with the "low dose" ones (e.g., Alesse) -- some have a time frame as short as a few hours. Most smart girls take them around the very same time each day (e.g., when showering in the morning or taking off makeup at night) in order to ensure consistentcy, and even so, there's a real fear of missing a day if you're super-fatigued, drunk, etc.

3. Most pills have in their instructions to take the pill around the same time each day... which is why she jumped up to take it as soon as she remembered instead of waiting til she was alone & possibly forgetting again (she was probably past the time - of course it isn't horrible to take it a little later or a little earlier, but it's best to stick to around the same time each day).
As above.

4. Birth control pills take a while (depending on the brand/hormone levels, it might take a month) before they begin to "work". They certainly don't work like "oh I'm about to have sex, I better pop a pill now".
Should go without saying. Which means -- there's a sunk cost in being on a birth control regimen and to some extent -- frankly -- maintenance of said regimen has less to do with the particular man of the day than with maintaining the regimen.

The fact that wasn't embarrassed to take it in front of you is a good sign, but she also said "not that I need it". That probably means that she doesn't want you to think she's sleeping around, but it also probably means she doesn't want you to think she's implying "hey we should have sex" because then she WOULD need them.
Hmm. Here I am for the first time substantially disgareeing with malibu. I think this statement/behavior is weird. She could have, and in my experience would have, headed off to the bathroom to attend to this issue without saying a word. About 80% (made up number, but roughly accurate) of women are especially reticient about physiological details in the beginning stages of a relationship (the other 20% are disarmingly, even disgustingly, open, from day one -- and when you've been with her for awhile, you'll probably know more about the timing, severity, etc. of her monthly cycle than you'd ever wanted too). Still, from what I know, most girls -- at the beginning stages of a relationship -- would rather die than let on to having any physiological functions at all. So -- when she does call attention to these issues unnecessarily -- I think you're right in wondering why. I would suggest only that she's a bit flaky, and thus you should be cautious overall -- there are other ways for her to indicate her interest in you, without trespassing on what is, for most girls, a taboo (as far as EXPLICIT mention) in the early dating phases.

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So except for Seloifter, us guys are all clueless, eh?

This is despite the fact that most guys, myself included, were AGREEING with what Sexy Malibu was saying!

So does that follow that Sexy Malibu is clueless as well?

(that's called logic, BTW):D

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by Sexy_Malibu
Except for seloifter, you guys are all clueless (no offense - it's not like guys are SUPPOSED to understand birth control pills).

So as a woman, (and you thought there'd never be anything women on the board could help you with, but obviously, there IS something I know that you guys don't, ha ha ;) ) here goes:

1. Birth control pills are not only used for birth control... they are used to regulate periods and to treat acne, in addition to contraception.

2. Birth control pills cannot be missed. It's really bad to skip a pill even one day (if you do skip a pill, you take two the next day, but it isn't good to take 2 at a time because then the hormones are stronger and create a worse side effect, ex. headache, nausea, etc) and if you do skip a day you make the birth control less effective.

3. Most pills have in their instructions to take the pill around the same time each day... which is why she jumped up to take it as soon as she remembered instead of waiting til she was alone & possibly forgetting again (she was probably past the time - of course it isn't horrible to take it a little later or a little earlier, but it's best to stick to around the same time each day).

4. Birth control pills take a while (depending on the brand/hormone levels, it might take a month) before they begin to "work". They certainly don't work like "oh I'm about to have sex, I better pop a pill now".

The fact that wasn't embarrassed to take it in front of you is a good sign, but she also said "not that I need it". That probably means that she doesn't want you to think she's sleeping around, but it also probably means she doesn't want you to think she's implying "hey we should have sex" because then she WOULD need them.

Now this doesn't mean she DOESN'T want to have sex with you, but I really think you guys are all reading way too much into what she said. I don't think it was a "sign" or "********" at all. She forgot to take her pill... she took it. Problem solved. It's not like said "oh I forgot my condoms". THAT is a sign of "I want to have sex with you". "I forgot to take my pill" only means she forgot to take her pill.

You say she made a big mention of telling you it was her birth control pill, but that's because you ASKED HER what she was taking.

MY ADVICE TO YOU IS: Just play it the way you would normally play it. If you want to have sex with her, try to have sex with her. But basically, don't let the fact that she took this pill in front of you (it's not SUCH A HUGE SIGN like everyone thinks) make you so sure of yourself that you get ****y and bug out if she doesn't let you **** her right away... Because the pill is just the pill. (BTW, when you do **** her, WEAR A CONDOM ANYWAY even if she's taking the pill).
Explain this to me, then...why is it that making out with him suddenly reminded her to take her birth-control pill? She must've been thinking about something. ( ;) ;) )

Either way, if you're making out with a girl on your bed, there's no excuse NOT to "go for it." She's not going to make out with you, especially in your bed unless she either A) wants the c@ck or B) is messed up in the head. Only one way to find out! :D

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
malibu... guys arent as clueless as you may think. id say most of us, including myself, know all those things you pointed out above.

as for the "not that i need it" line that was just her ASD trying to make her not look like a wh0re.

fact of the matter is shes taking birth control pills because shes not opposed to fvcking. therefore one can reasonably assume that fvcking is on the menu.
Well, most of the guys who had posted before me did not know those things or just chose to ignore them. :D

And I'm pretty sure she's NOT opposed to ****ing, but I don't think that is just becuase she's taking the pill... she might be on the pill for one of those other reasons... the pill is used for many things... and yeah she'll probably **** him but not necessarily any time soon... she might be on the pill from her last boyfriend and of course, isn't going to stop and restart (it's a real hassle, trust me) so while I'm sure she'll **** you (the BEING IN YOUR BED MAKING OUT is more of a sign than the pill really) It's not necessarily true that the pill was her way of saying "I'll **** you soon".

I agree with Alonso and everyone else who said it means something, it probably does, but I just don't think it's "the most obvious come on missed"... it really doesn't mean THAT much... Yeah, she's letting you know she's "protected" for sex, but you might still have to wait a few day/weeks/months til she lets you test it out ;)

So except for Seloifter, us guys are all clueless, eh?

This is despite the fact that most guys, myself included, were AGREEING with what Sexy Malibu was saying!

So does that follow that Sexy Malibu is clueless as well?
ha ha yeah you're agreeing with me NOW... but read the posts before mine... basically 90% of you were saying "how did you miss that sign!? she wants to **** you. she's on the pill so she can ****... blah blah blah" :rolleyes:

Explain this to me, then...why is it that making out with him suddenly reminded her to take her birth-control pill? She must've been thinking about something.
Yes. THAT is more of a sign than the fact that she took it, ha ha... but more so the fact that making out with you distracted her enough that she forgot to take her pill at the right time probably (which is why she jumped up to take it as soon as she remembered, because she was already "late").

Either way, if you're making out with a girl on your bed, there's no excuse NOT to "go for it." She's not going to make out with you, especially in your bed unless she either A) wants the c@ck or B) is messed up in the head. Only one way to find out!
Word. Like I said, the other signs are positive. Go for it and if it doesnt happen it doesnt happen... don't use the "pill" as a "sign"... do you need more signs than the fact that she's continuing to date you/ kiss you/ lay in your bed?

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To much analysis going on here.

Just fvck the girl already and be done with it.

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you!

She was wearing purple socks on a tuesday in amonth beginning with "F". Does that mean if I ask her out now there is absolutely no risk of rejectoin at all?

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by drZaius09
This is a standard assumption I make with every remotely attractive woman I ever meet. If you want to have sex with her, it's safe to say that many other men also want to have sex with her. Assume that every woman you meet has at least one other sexual partner at the moment, just as you would assume that she wishes to add you as another.
That's so bull****. Most girls I know on the pill do NOT have current sexual partners, they take it because then they CAN have sex if they meet someone and they don't want the s.hit from starting/stopping on it etc.

SayWHAT?

Reaction score
I had a similar situation where, on a second date at a brewery, she said hold on a minute let me take my birth control pills before i forget. At the time I was rather perplexed because I was caught so off guard, but in hindsight was this a sign? She had told me before the date she wanted to get back home around 8:30 so I already went into this thinking no bang.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This girl ripped off her clothes, slammed me on the bed, screamed "ƒuck me," ripped off my clothes, and drove her tongue all over my body.

Is this a sign?

C'mon dog, how AFC can you get.
Lmfaoooooo!!!

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
I was with this girl last night at my place and it was our fourth date. (I actually wrote a full post/field report on this situation).
ANYWAY, I forgot to mention that at the beginning of the night, when we first started hanging out, we were laying on my bed, kissing and holding each other when she suddenly jumps up and says, "I forgot to take my pill." She then gets off the bed and goes to her purse. When she's taking it I ask her what she's taking and she says it's her birth control pill and then she says something like, "not like I need it" (which I think she said to not make herself sound like a slut who is already sleeping with a bunch of guys at the moment or something). This girl is super cute and has a lot of guys after her.
What do you guys think this means? I mean, she COULD HAVE just taken the pill later on in the bathroom or when I wasn't looking, but she made a big MENTION of it by bringing it up, telling me it was her birth control pill, and taking it right in front of me. Is this a pretty sure sign that she wanted to let me know that she is safe sexually and probably wants to f***? Or does it mean something else?
She said "not that I need it" because YOU were NOT going to try to fvck her.

what did you say when she said that? because that was exactly your moment to say "oh
I think you will need it , get over her now". she set it up for you man.

You need to be a killer. It's your responsability to make the lay take place, she's not going to fvcking do
it man. you have to take the bull by the horns. Again, women communicate covertly....this was her
message to you. The message was "dude I want to bang but you're not making a move" she cannot
communicate this overtly or else she'll be viewed as a slut....

go for the lay every time, it's your duty

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread is ridiculous... Lots of girls just take the pill regardless of what their sex life is like. Some take it for off-label use.
Most know that you need to take it at roughly the same time every day. So they try to do so.

Is this a sign? Could be, but I'm tempted to say she's just thinking out loud. I wouldn't call this a come-on.
In the end though it doesn't matter - whether or not there's signs, you should make a move.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
This thread is ridiculous... Lots of girls just take the pill regardless of what their sex life is like. Some take it for off-label use.
Most know that you need to take it at roughly the same time every day. So they try to do so.

Is this a sign? Could be, but I'm tempted to say she's just thinking out loud. I wouldn't call this a come-on.
In the end though it doesn't matter - whether or not there's signs, you should make a move.
Not to mention that the OP was 12 years ago.

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
Who revived this thread and why? And for how long were you browsing through the forums to find it?
WOW....you're right....this thread goes back to 2003...I didn't see that at all...

hopefully the OP is no longer a PHAGGOT

jason coleman

Reaction score
hiii guys..im back...happy friday!!...here is a story for ya....so there is this woman..she cheated on her man with me for 5 months while her man was in jail...now we dont do anything..but we do chill mabey go get some wings...and her man and i r 2 wayyyy diffrent ppl..not to brag..but i know her man wasnt hittin it like i was...she could of just pumped me and dumped me....at least 2 years have past ...shes still with him!! and recently mabey at least 3 times she has taking her pill infront of me...the other night we went for a gas run and when she pulled up to the pump ..she goeess..."babies!..dont want non of those"...had me dying..lol..then we went for a quick ride way out in the country!!...and of corse "sex with me
was on her playlist....under normal situations i would of told her to pull over restart that song and get thisD!!....BUT I WAS STUCK IN MY HEADDDDD....even though she has a man still....u think she wanted to ****??..yes ..she could of takin that pill...slightly before or after she seen me...talk to me guys...cause next time ...**** ..i want her still just trying to be a lil respectfull

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was with this girl last night at my place and it was our fourth date. (I actually wrote a full post/field report on this situation).
ANYWAY, I forgot to mention that at the beginning of the night, when we first started hanging out, we were laying on my bed, kissing and holding each other when she suddenly jumps up and says, "I forgot to take my pill." She then gets off the bed and goes to her purse. When she's taking it I ask her what she's taking and she says it's her birth control pill and then she says something like, "not like I need it" (which I think she said to not make herself sound like a slut who is already sleeping with a bunch of guys at the moment or something). This girl is super cute and has a lot of guys after her.
What do you guys think this means? I mean, she COULD HAVE just taken the pill later on in the bathroom or when I wasn't looking, but she made a big MENTION of it by bringing it up, telling me it was her birth control pill, and taking it right in front of me. Is this a pretty sure sign that she wanted to let me know that she is safe sexually and probably wants to f***? Or does it mean something else?
yea..... u totally should have dove into that $hit (starting slowly) and working your way up to the "Next stop, I'm going to hit this" floor