Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

This girl mentioned she needed a date for vday

tom121

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Now what's a good way to ask her?

just ask her straight up? "hey since we both are single and needed a date, let's go!"?

here's our conversation over the MSN

her: i need a date for v-day :(
me: im gonna be single this year, it's gonna go soooo slowly
me: good thing i have school
me: well good luck finding one ;) im going to sleep good night

EDIT: (I asked her)

me: hey i just realized something... you want to hang out on valentines day
her: sure
her: but no garentees..cause i mgith have to cancell due to skul
her: yea
her: but it'll ve fun
her: be

Last edited:

spidersense

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tom121
Now what's a good way to ask her?

just ask her straight up? "hey since we both are single and needed a date, let's go!"?
never emphasize the fact that you are single. Just say, "lets get together"

you can get together for dinner, coffee, a game of pool, bowling

if you know this woman well and want to make it something romantic(in my opinion you should do it on your terms though), then get together for something she likes, likes.

spidersense

Don Juan
Reaction score
oh, and from my past experience of telling women that I didn't have a date for valentines day... IF A WOMAN SAYS "I don't have a date for valentines day" GO FOR IT!!!
I think you know this, but a lot of guys wouldn't figure this out.

if a woman/girl says something like that, then she wants you, more than likely.

tom121

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
her: yea
her: but it'll ve fun
her: be

well i have a feeling she is going to cancel it :(

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well yeah if you keep being weird about it. Dude she told you straight up she needed a date and you're blowing her off LOL HAHAHAHAH WTF????????????????????????????

tom121

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well I am confused about our friendship/relationship

I asked her to a movie, she wanted to bring her friend/sister, then canceled it on the day

now I am not sure if she treats me like a friend or a special one (yet)

blue17

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
is this the brown girl u were mentioning earlier? Anyways, regardless of whether she flakes out or not....she atleast said YES. It doesn't matter the outcome of this, atleast you are getting into the dating scene a little more, if you know what I mean.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee

you: Oh, I didn't realize you had stuff to do...I'll just hang with someone else then.

What this girl is telling you is that she's WILLING to hang out with you, but first she wants to wait around and see if any of the guys she actually WANTS to hang out with say anything to her. If they do, she conveniently cancels on you with an excuse like "skul". (she deserves a backhand for that spelling alone :p ) If they don't, then you are her "backup plan," so she doesn't have to tell her friends she didn't have a man on V-day.

F**k that girl. And F**K Valentine's Day. It's a bull**** holiday designed by Hallmark to sell greeting cards. V-day is a big day for established couples, not a "scramble to find a mate" time.

What I'd do is call her and tell her that "something came up" (don't give details) for V-day and you won't be able to make it, but "that's good because that way you can focus on 'skul'...but we can get together next week. How's Wednesday?"

This takes the emphasis off of HER finding a date for V-day and more on HER and YOU getting to know each other.

well I am confused about our friendship/relationship

I asked her to a movie, she wanted to bring her friend/sister, then canceled it on the day

now I am not sure if she treats me like a friend or a special one (yet)
Let me clarify it...you are her BACKUP PLAN.

Stop being someone's BACKUP PLAN. You have a life too.

sapphire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Like squirrels said you are on her third string lineup. If you were her first priority she would have accepted unconditionally. Therefore her IL in you is so so.

If you don't mind the situation, then see how things go from there but don't pressure her.

BTW, if a girl tries to use me as a backup she immediately is nexted or put way down on the list.

tom121

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well I don't have anybody to go out with, I really don't care if I have a date or what, I got school in the morning till afternoon, then probably play some games till night and go to a single's club :cool: