This girl likes me but I wouldnt mind being friends, advice?

solo1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically there's this girl from one of my classes, im certain she likes me. One time she asked for my number and the following night she even called to see how i was doing. Yesterday she even mentioned something about watching spider man.

We're on good terms, and im cool with one of her friends also in the same class. Im not attracted to her, but I wouldnt mind being friends or hanging out at movies or whatnot.

Im thinking of hanging out this weekend and catch a movie with her maybe. Should I attempt to 'be just friends' or is this going to be a recipe for disaster?
and yes I do plan on dating women in addition to hanging out.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Make the relationship anything you'd like it to be.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
solo1 said:
Should I attempt to 'be just friends' or is this going to be a recipe for disaster?
Keep your distance or she will try to coax you into more then friendship. Women are bad at taking rejection and if she's sees that you don't want her, her ego will take a hit and she will associate you with her negative feelings and she will either get over it or she will end up hating you.

Anything that looks like a date is a date. You asking her to hang with you and only you so don't be surprised if she will think it is a date.

solo1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
Keep your distance or she will try to coax you into more then friendship. Women are bad at taking rejection and if she's sees that you don't want her, her ego will take a hit and she will associate you with her negative feelings and she will either get over it or she will end up hating you.

Anything that looks like a date is a date. You asking her to hang with you and only you so don't be surprised if she will think it is a date.
Thanks, you seem to understand the dilemna here. I've had similar pitfalls with women in the past whom I tried being just friends with. But looking at it either way, they'll end up hating me regardless (or want nothing to do with me).

Quite frankly I've never been successful at being friends with women, they either want more or want nothing to do with me...and well often im on the same page as that. Some friends and other people I know usually dont have problems winding up as friends with them...perhaps certain women are more open to friendship with guys who behave more afc i dunno.

Perhaps ill try to get her and several other friends from class to catch the movie together, which will appear more as hanging out.