Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Thinking about giving alcohol up all together

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I presume OP has put a post about drinking , because 1 is too many and 1000 never enough hence his 2 day hangover, he cant go out like my dad can and have 1 pint and leave 100 ml of it still in the bottom of the beer glass, OP most likely goes on a full day sesh or two, or he wouldnt be asking, ........i dont hang round bars anymore it bores the ****e out of me , and women drunk embarass me, i used to be that person, no wonder women used to ghost me after the 2nd meet,

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
80 percent of the women I've been with I either met at a bar or our dates that led to sex involved alcohol.
I don't care if other people drink or not. But I will ask this:
If the OP wants to better himself by not drinking, which is more important? That, or getting laid more?

Let me tell you something - if you quit drinking, you are going to find hanging around drunk people absolutely disgusts you, and you will lose interest in it.
That's true. Tipsy is fine. But drunks are absolutely disgusting.

Alcohol is definitely a liquid panty remover though. Probably one reason why the PUA gurus advocate hanging around clubs when they're sober: Drunk girls are easy targets. I don't buy into the idea that a girl gets drunk (of her own free will), and then decides to bang some guy, and then when she wakes up sober she decides it's rape. I don't buy that at all.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Maybe this only happens with me but when I drink Diet Coke from the fountain or bar gun, and I drink like 5-6 of them, I actually start to get a buzz. Makes it nice if I want to go out and feel "semi" like I am drinking, but I'm not drunk and have no hangover or any side effects. Only works with Diet Coke though. Sometimes Diet Dr. Pepper but Diet Coke is by far the best.
I think it's the chemical they use as a sugar replacement that winds you up. Yeah, I find Diet Coke is worse than coffee lol.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I don't care that much about alcohol. I'll drink one socially when I'm out, but that's about it.

I'm fine ordering a Coke at a bar and grill when I'm ordering food. I don't feel guilty (not ordering liquor) because I'm spending some decent money by ordering the food.

But if I'm ONLY getting a drink, ordering a Coke (or any non-alcohol drink) at the bar or club feels weird. On a busy night, you can get some funny looks from the bartender because you are taking up a bar stool and only ordering $2 Coke. Some fat bastard bartender eye-rolled me at the club years ago when I ordered a Coke lol*.

*The PUA videos I watched at the time assured me that this would NEVER happen at a club lol.

Last edited:

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t really drink anymore. Had a couple of nights out this year & didn’t enjoy it.

The fact that you’re choosing to post about stopping says to me you should probably drastically cut back & if that fails, stop altogether.

I stopped because I can take it too far, no shame in that at all.

cheyne

Banned
Reaction score
I think about giving it up because I think I get too 'sloppy' and it also effects my speech for the worse quite easily

However, without it, I don't think i'd have the balls too approach, and i'd also be way more stifled and stuff in the convo in the event I did approach lol

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2 day hangovers mean you're wayyy overdoing it. Even in your 30's. Are you getting slurring, stumbling drunk? If so, then you need to re-shift your focus to the people around you when you go out socializing, and away from the booze. Easier said than done, however. I know it is.

Also, avoid drinking lots of beer. It really dehydrates you (and lowers your testosterone) and contributes to the nausea, dry-mouth, headache, and depressed mood the next day. Stick to clear liquors mixed with seltzer or club soda and limit yourself to 2 per hour. The hangover is significantly less harsh when I stick to vodka clubs.

I give up drinking for Lent each year. I'll admit, it gets lonely and boring when your social life revolves around alcohol consumption to some degree. But it's only 40 days, so I can look forward to a drink while I'm drinking diet ginger ale.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im telling you man, Definitely give it up. I drank a lot during my partying years and sure it was a lot of fun but over time it really fvcks you up mentally and physically. If I try to drink like I did back then, it will take me 4 damn days to recover and I'll be mentally drained. Your joints will feel dry and you will feel a type of exhaustion too. It'll make it harder to burn fat as well and age your face faster. Definitely give it up.