Thinking about becoming a "kinesiology" major...

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey as some of you already know...im starting college soon. im thinknig about this major, does anyone here know exactly what is involoved with it and what kinda jobs i can get? all i know about it, is that people in those majors become like personal trainers and gym teachers and stuff...im thinking if im ever going to juice again it would be a good way to know more about my body and how to eat and train right...

plus i figure it be a easy major since i assume it doesnt involve a lot of math or science...

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
orthoped/ prosthetic parts maker

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ken785

plus i figure it be a easy major since i assume it doesnt involve a lot of math or science...
Hah. Try to find another major, buddy, because this one ain't for you.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok so what major do you guys think doesnt require a lot of math and science that makes decent money...im talking 50k a year.

dont think im a dumba$s and want the easy way out. my brain just cant function with math. science is a little easier but the math sucks. i barely passed regular algebra. it doesnt matter how much i study, its like im not able to learn it. i get As and Bs in everything else and do fine.

you guys have any ideas?

naoi deag se deag

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ok so what major do you guys think doesnt require a lot of math and science that makes decent money...im talking 50k a year.

dont think im a dumba$s and want the easy way out. my brain just cant function with math. science is a little easier but the math sucks. i barely passed regular algebra. it doesnt matter how much i study, its like im not able to learn it. i get As and Bs in everything else and do fine.

you guys have any ideas?
English.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
English, philosophy, music, art, etc etc etc... in other words, virtually everything in the Liberal Arts program at your university. By the way, what you major in usually doesn't indicate what field of work you'll go into after college. I know a kinesiology major who graduated from LSU that now works as an assistant manager at Hollister. You might major in art but become a businessman. All college is good for is showing a potential employer that you're willing and able to learn new things - remember, 20% of your education you'll get in college, 80% in the real world doing your real job.

By the way:
On average, two out of every three university students change majors at least once. In fact, many students change majors several times.
- Source

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
What do you want to do??? I wish I could answer that question.

Snatchmaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
Public Relations or Advertising.

Liberal Arts prepares you to drive a cab, unless you plan to go further and teach.

Sounds like you have math phobia. It's really not that hard, just a bunch of rules. Pretend it's the rules of a game.

If you're having problems with algebra, you might want to consider taking a remedial math course over the summer and hiring a tutor to help you with other math you encounter.

Your income can be greatly enhanced if you can overcome the fear of numbers. Think of it like DJing. You need a math bootcamp!