Things I've Learned the Past Two Years

AlexDP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When it comes to women and dating, I have had a couple of important experiences, a couple of hook ups and a couple of break ups and I've made some wrong choices. Here's what I learned:

- When a woman wants to be with you, she drops everything else. You are her number one priority. The minute you are not number one, you should get out. There is only one scenario in which you can come second and that is if she has children.

- You need to stop chasing the ones who don't want you and start seeing the ones who do. Many of us have got issues with rejection and when we are rejected, funnily enough we start glorifying the one who rejected us. But someone who doesn't want you isn't great. Someone who does want you has just scored some very important points with you. I don't care if she's fat or ugly, the fact she wants you scores her at least some points. Obviously you should only go for the ones you want too, but be nice to the girl who wants you, but can't have you.

- Girls like boys. Most girls, if not all, I've been with have told me at some point I was "such a guy". This is a good thing. We like feminine girls, they like masculine men. They pretend it drives them nuts when you don't tidy up, when you want to drink beer and watch the game with mates or when you insist on driving yourself, but they love all of it. Be what you are, be a man.

- If you know a girl you don't find attractive and you know she is attracted to you, she will never introduce you to her hot friends. Some of you might think this is petty, but it's not. Imagine you have a very hot friend and you'd like to date her. Would you set her up with some professional athlete? Of coufrse you wouldn't. You can be friends with the girl who is attracted to you, but she won't help you date other people (and why should she?). Also beware that some girls you reject will bother you for a very long time. Many girls are insecure as it is and rejection usually hurts them more than it would hurt us.

- Rejection is almost never entirely about you. Sure, some women won't like the way you talk or the way you look and they won't be attracted to you. Fair enough. But many also have their personal issues and struggles and they will reflect on you. I've been rejected by women who told me they didn't like how I believed in myself and was so sure of myself and only later I understood that this was because they were still self obsessed and in the stage of figuring out who they were. I also recently had a girl who came on to me very strongly, but when she found out I had a girlfriend, shot down every attempt at a working friendship (which she insisted she wanted to have). Sometimes, when a girl has very little going for her and she is frustrated, rejecting a man will feel like she regains some control over her life. I say, don't take it personally and just ignore the ***** as she is simply confused.

There is far more I've learned the past two years, but I think these are the four most important points and I wanted to share them.

The Grue

Don Juan
Reaction score
An excellent post Alex where you present 4 valid points in a clear, succinct manner; many thanks for your excellent insight into the BPD cases as well!

gaspipe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
AlexDP said:
When it comes to women and dating, I have had a couple of important experiences, a couple of hook ups and a couple of break ups and I've made some wrong choices. Here's what I learned:

- When a woman wants to be with you, she drops everything else. You are her number one priority. The minute you are not number one, you should get out. There is only one scenario in which you can come second and that is if she has children.

- You need to stop chasing the ones who don't want you and start seeing the ones who do. Many of us have got issues with rejection and when we are rejected, funnily enough we start glorifying the one who rejected us. But someone who doesn't want you isn't great. Someone who does want you has just scored some very important points with you. I don't care if she's fat or ugly, the fact she wants you scores her at least some points. Obviously you should only go for the ones you want too, but be nice to the girl who wants you, but can't have you.

- Girls like boys. Most girls, if not all, I've been with have told me at some point I was "such a guy". This is a good thing. We like feminine girls, they like masculine men. They pretend it drives them nuts when you don't tidy up, when you want to drink beer and watch the game with mates or when you insist on driving yourself, but they love all of it. Be what you are, be a man.

- If you know a girl you don't find attractive and you know she is attracted to you, she will never introduce you to her hot friends. Some of you might think this is petty, but it's not. Imagine you have a very hot friend and you'd like to date her. Would you set her up with some professional athlete? Of coufrse you wouldn't. You can be friends with the girl who is attracted to you, but she won't help you date other people (and why should she?). Also beware that some girls you reject will bother you for a very long time. Many girls are insecure as it is and rejection usually hurts them more than it would hurt us.

- Rejection is almost never entirely about you. Sure, some women won't like the way you talk or the way you look and they won't be attracted to you. Fair enough. But many also have their personal issues and struggles and they will reflect on you. I've been rejected by women who told me they didn't like how I believed in myself and was so sure of myself and only later I understood that this was because they were still self obsessed and in the stage of figuring out who they were. I also recently had a girl who came on to me very strongly, but when she found out I had a girlfriend, shot down every attempt at a working friendship (which she insisted she wanted to have). Sometimes, when a girl has very little going for her and she is frustrated, rejecting a man will feel like she regains some control over her life. I say, don't take it personally and just ignore the ***** as she is simply confused.

There is far more I've learned the past two years, but I think these are the four most important points and I wanted to share them.

Good post.

Another thing Ive learned through my years of dating is to never I mean never become predictable and establish a routine with women. Even if she starts complaining that you never call when you say you will or are always late, the minute you become predictable and boring, she will drop you like a hot potato.

Women need a little drama and excitment in their lives. When you stop giving them the gift of unpredictability and excitement, she will quickly lose interest.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
AlexDP said:

Agreed.

Spot on. We've all the met the girl who "was perfect for us," except she rejected us. Guess what? She wasn't so "perfect." I agree that you should be nice to the girl that wants you but can't have you. Let's leave the cruel rejections to women. Men need to the ones with class.

Fair enough.

Agreed. Actually, in general, do NOT expect women to introduce you to their hot friends. If she's attracted to you, she won't want to "share" or face competition. If she isn't attracted to you, you are not considered "doable" or attractive. Why would she then introduce you to her hot friends?

Be friends with a woman because you like her as a friend, not because you are trying to get something from her.

Agreed. The PUA community teaches guys that it's ALWAYS their fault. You could have done something slightly differently and gotten her. That is BS. Some women just AREN'T interested for their own reasons, and there is nothing you can do. It's ok. Move on to greener pastures. Plus women vary a LOT. I've had nights with 10 blowouts in a row. They wouldn't even let me say hello. Then #11 leaves the bar with me. You'll know when you "click" with a chick and when you don't.
[/B]

Great post, thanks.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They pretend it drives them nuts when you don't tidy up
Uh whut? :confused:

Dude, I think you spent the last couple reading sosuave more than spending time with chicks. Women love a guy who cleans. Don't let the DJ Bible fool ya, it isn't AFC to clean.