"They're All Gonna Laugh At You!!!"

Pecker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread isn't about anything technical, it's about a struggle between fear and unhappiness.

I am very, very unhappy. I want to feel good about myself, and proud of my ability to attract women. And I've tried over the years to address this part of my life...I've read many books and been on this site awhile...but I always get this voice in my head when I go out to make approaches. It tells me I'll end up being "the creepy guy" in the room. It tells me that you're not "allowed" to just practice approaching women, because there must be a reason that so few men actually seek help and try a systematic approach, the way I'm doing. If an approach goes very awkward, I can't help but take it personally. It's like a reaffirmation of all of the things that keep me from approaching women often enough to learn from it: "You're ridiculous, you're awkward, you're unattractive." That's why so many guys don't follow through with all the various bootcamps and pickup programs this site and others like it have to offer. Facing your fears can be a very SCARY process.

I remember once when I was ten years old, my dad dragged me onto this rollercoaster ride that I did NOT want to go on. It was the biggest freakin coaster in the park, just monstrous. It was a Wednesday and school had let out for renovations. So this rollercoaster had no line, and he just dragged me into this thing. I was LITERALLY kicking and screaming. God, I hated him. Then the coaster started going and it was AWESOME. Of course I was never afraid of rollercoasters from that point on. I had a blast on the biggest one, and I realized how useless the fear was.

I need to have an experience like this with women.

The problem is, instead of having a blast, as I did on the rollercoaster...I work up all of my courage and then experience more awkwardness, uncertainty...and usually, implicit rejection. It makes me not want to keep going. I have no evidence that working on my game is actually "working" on anything. Until I actually hit on the hottest chick in the room and have the hottest night of sex all night with her...I'll just feel like all I'm doing is creating bad vibes with people.

Sorry for pouring all of my guts out here, but I figure maybe I'll get a bit of inspiration. Some key questions I'd like to see answers (or attempts at answers) to are: How do you deal with paranoia that you're being WATCHED? (I can almost handle talking to hot chicks...it's the friends and snickering GUY friends and a whole imagined audience of people laughing at me, that often paralyzes me.) And how do you tear out a deep-seated belief that beautiful women simply will not like you and are in some way higher than you?

You might be asking yourself: "How did this guy get so negative? Jesus..."

Well, I don't know. In a weird and messed up and subconscious way, I still think I don't deserve to be with women I'm REALLY attracted to, because for some reason I have this belief that unhappiness is what is "right" for me. To try to break out of it would be to ask for some kind of social punishment. How in the world do I break free of this horrible, horrible fear?

Again, sorry to be a major downer tonight. I need a serious kick in the arse. I need someone to drag me by the collar and throw me onto the awesome coaster of gnarly poontang.

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Two words: Inner game

Have you read The Power Of NOW - Eckhart Tolle?

I suggest you read up on some spiritual stuff. It was a breakthrough for me.

Perhaps you could look into Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz, it talks about self-image psychology and using visulisations do create a new image and behaviours for yourself.

Some people have had a lot of success with EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique).

Then theres Mind Lines by Micheal Hall which talks about reframing. Could be highly usefull to you.

I'm giving you material rather than telling you to 'grab your fcking balls, man up and get out there!' because it seems like you have tried that but all your negative beliefs are holding you back.

Kaim Argonar

Don Juan
Reaction score
negative beliefs, lol... he obviously is able to summon a lot of courage and hope, why would he be held back by anything else than his negative experiences

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pecker said:
Well, I don't know. In a weird and messed up and subconscious way, I still think I don't deserve to be with women I'm REALLY attracted to, because for some reason I have this belief that unhappiness is what is "right" for me. To try to break out of it would be to ask for some kind of social punishment. How in the world do I break free of this horrible, horrible fear?
This is the answer to your questions: You have trouble with it because it's what you're telling yourself. Do you think you'd have trouble approaching women if you had 100% belief in yourself?

You're dependent on the outcome, and that makes you awkward in the approach situation. Don't go into the approach seeking an outcome, but enter into it for the fun of it. That's all these women want is to have fun. They don't want men with negativity personalities approaching them.

What you pour into your mind about yourself is exactly what you'll be. Start speaking only positives to yourself and rid your life of the negative thoughts because they aren't helping you one bit.

You have to approach with the mindset that you are the prize, and that she is choosing you. Once you supplicate and act in a way that goes along with her frame, you've lost the battle. If she says, "buy me a drink," tell her you just met her and you hardly even know her. You can't be a pushover. You can't be the guy that wants to buy her a drink because he thinks she is the prize.

Girls love 4sshole because those are the guys that aren't hard up for her and she starts to doubt herself. He becomes interesting. He has value well beyond the man she can have because he's a dime a dozen. He's easy. Don't be easy. Don't let women define you. Don't let them have power and control over you. When you don't, they become interested.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are WAYYYY too identified with your pain.
Instead of understanding your pain and working towards getting rid of it, you're making it your whole Identity.
Of course, since you are so emotionally invested in this "Identity of Pain' no wonder you dont want to get out of it. You believe it is YOU...thus, you dont want to 'leave' your 'You'.
You are not your pain.

You are not defined by your past, no matter how badly some people want to pigeon hole you and keep you there, and no matter how irrational youre being.
You have to let go of identifying with your pain, and romanticizing the notion that it is WHO you are.

That stuff is locked into your subconscous and your body.

There are methods to address them.

Its up to you to make the effort to research them.

I would first before anything just recommend that you read a few things to get your mind into the 'groove' of a new reality for you.

Eckhart Tolle-The Power of Now
the Book of Pook
David Deangelo -Deep Inner Game, On Being a Man

Start with these resources, and then move forward from there.

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
Sounds like depression... Focus o you , improve you, treat women like they are not that important... Then they will notice you..

There is a new trend now of women dating and marrying gay men.. you know why? cause gay men could care less about a woman and women find that irresistible ..

Reaction score
Pecker said:
This thread isn't about anything technical, it's about a struggle between fear and unhappiness.
Think about how you're framing things. Haven't you realized by now that fear is your friend? We need fear to make our social skills stronger in the same way that we need resistance to make our muscles stronger. Every time you feel that fear you should know that you are doing something right. Then you move towards that fear, beat it and the sex will follow.

Read this too:
http://www.rsdnation.com/showthread.php?t=19695

"Fear is your compass."

How do you deal with paranoia that you're being WATCHED? (I can almost handle talking to hot chicks...it's the friends and snickering GUY friends and a whole imagined audience of people laughing at me, that often paralyzes me.)
There is no magic pill but in a way the answer is very simple. This belief is not grounded in reality. You've convinced yourself that 2+2=5. It is just paranoia. Recognize that and get it out of your head.

And how do you tear out a deep-seated belief that beautiful women simply will not like you and are in some way higher than you?
Read this blog entry in particular and then go on and read the entire blog, it will do you good:
http://realsocialdynamics.blogspot.com/2007/03/disconnect-between-being-you-and.html