Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

They say if you want to get rich you.....

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
invest, do we have any investors on this website?

I am wanting to get into stock, bonds, real estate, etc.

Who on here is already deep in the game, and making good profit from this

Billtx49

Reaction score
You get rich by getting educated about what you're after, using some serious brain power, and in some cases backing it up with long hours of physical work. No easy clues from others will get you there or let you keep it.
Bottom line, it takes some kind of personal effort on your part other than posting on a forum.
Sorry if that sounded harsh, but it's truth.

Last edited:

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Believe it or not besides my job, I have came up with an hustle, that is paying me a 100 bucks a day, I'm looking to sctrach the brains of other investors, to see which stocks are good to get into for starters, which bonds, I'm also looking to get into REIT

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Success doesn't want your money. lol

Success wants your time.

The bill of Success is paid with blood, sweat and tears

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Believe it or not besides my job, I have came up with an hustle, that is paying me a 100 bucks a day, I'm looking to sctrach the brains of other investors, to see which stocks are good to get into for starters, which bonds, I'm also looking to get into REIT

I'd avoid stocks it's typically a lottery if you don't have years of experience, and even then, it's tough. Real estate imo is a good one but again, you need to know your stuff. Index funds are good but the yields are fairly low compared with riskier investments - you would need to be tied up in a fairly substantial account (200k +) for years if you want to retire on something decent. Cryptocurrency is an interesting one at the moment and has potential, but again it's a job in itself learning about this stuff. Worth it though if you are serious.

Check out the @AAAgent 's crypto thread and @BeTheChange 's success journal, also check out all of @BeExcellent 's threads. @Tenacity has a thread somewhere if you want to take the index fund route.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've taken courses in both stocks and forex, and now I'm buying cryptos.

I do trading and investing.

Trading takes emotional control, so if you have the stomach for it, dive in.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Fast money;

Stock Market:
Only when the market is in an early bull run u buy and sell stocks. U get fast easy money that way. Less likely to get burned, however u need to continously monitor prices. Don't be greedy, get in and out fast.
Set aside a minimum of 200k to be properly effective.

Properties:
When there is high demand for apartments, place booking on any new urban apartment that's under development. Be among the 1st to book and put in the minimum deposit.

A month or 2 u can put said apartment back on the market and make a tidy profit.

Long term investment;

When there is a property glut buy apartments when it's dirt cheap. The glut won't last long unless it's a depression.

Buy empty parcels of land that's near to any urban areas or industrial areas.

papa

Don Juan
Reaction score
invest, do we have any investors on this website?
Crypto currency maybe?

They give huge returns, plus I think they are here to stay. I am betting my money on Ethereum. Bitcoin is **** as I think they are just overhyped and good playing field for people with money who can easily pump & control the price.

ICOs also have seen good returns in the past few months. Power Ledger and Horizon State, these are some Australlian projects I know that seem to be doing great. But yeah you should do your own research before investing. Too many scammers out there.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Success doesn't want your money. lol

Success wants your time.

The bill of Success is paid with blood, sweat and tears
I am finding this as well, as far as the startup perspective goes.

Here is my take on each of the vehicles as well as I know:

The Stock market - Putting aside passive index investing ( which most should do), making money picking individual securities is challenging. There are far more things working against you than for you as I have learned; (1) ones own biases, (2) the market itself, and (3) the knowledge needed to make satisfactory returns in the long run. Without leverage, I would say a good return is that of the overall market which is 9-11% annually. Beating that with individual stocks is challenging. Buffets partnership started investing back in the 50s by simply buying up companies on sale for less than their net asset value and turning them for a profit in about a year. Boone pickens did something similar but acted as an activist when he bought up large stakes of a company. Some day traders do okay, but this area requires immense knowledge, a lot of time and discipline from what I can tell.

Real estate - Im not a real estate guy, but the one guy I know from the area who managed this business did well. It took him 10+ years to really get moving, and 20 or so to become successful at it Time, blood, sweat and tears.

Buying existing business/starting one - self explanatory. The risk is you will spend a ton of time and money on a venture that won't really make money. Creating a new niche? Very difficult. The upside is amazing, but its very difficult time wise and skill wise to build something with a real competitive advantage. I've taken this road and have had to learn everything from finance, to software development. If your already working, setting aside the time is needed, and can be taxing at times.

Each of these requires time. no substitute. Each of these requires diligence. Its not like a job where you can just show up. you **** up...you lose.

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What about penny stocks?

I've seen some good talk about these for good quick gains...I need to learn more about this. Sources?

endurmancer

Don Juan
Reaction score
The way you ask tells me you're not big into investment lit and that's okay.

Summary version:

Stocks aren't even available to you when they have the most potential reward--because that is also when they are considered the most risky! There are legal controls to allow only "qualified" investors (people with net worth of $1,000,000+ AND A LOT of education, usually) to invest in those. It's bull**** (and self-serving for the already-rich, which is the point) but is what it is. And it's usually something that means "public" stocks are...well not necessarily worth buying into (unless you want to wait around for 70 years for huge gains, assuming the market will keep running-up)).

So you option is DOING business. Or buying into one.

That means handing-over money to some SBO or new startup that is very, very likely to go bust--unless it isn't, such as it's very simple, or something the SBO is hyper-familiar with and can do impressively (every time).

There are actually A LOT of opportunities in the SBO/new startup space (NOT in "tech"!! which is HYPE! I know, I'VE HELPED BUILD SOME OF THE BIGGER TECH STARTUPS!!!!) where people AREN'T aiming at BILLIONS--but just at steady enough revenues to impress the more-ordinary people.

I've been working to crack *a* nut (among a handful that are there) for a while due to the legal barriers to fair and high-reward investment (despite higher risks) and I'm getting more and more comfortable with the domain but still have a lot of research, and potential R&D, to do--and professional help to pay for to get things moving even just for myself.

The tricky bit is identifying where the actual opportunities (vs. guaranteed failures) are. Once someone has a handful ID'd then depending on jurisdiction, even without trying to do drop-shipping, wordpress site or SEO scams, etc. (that some look to trying to gain buckoo bucks quickly), it's reasonable to think an investment could return from 2-5x the ordinary wage-earner's daily take-home from investment, without the involvement of some capital contributors.

That non-involvement (in jurisdictions like the USA) is actually key: lower tax rate AND time free to...focus putting money elsewhere that will reap returns. The lower tax rate is called "passive income." Invested THROUGH a business and that income goes back to the entity allowing re-investment, and possibly then avoiding (note "av" NOT "Ev") taxes because the USA (and generally, western) gov(s) WANTS people to invest and grow the economy.

Then there are other factors but this is about to go too far along for "Summary Version."

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What about penny stocks?

I've seen some good talk about these for good quick gains...I need to learn more about this. Sources?
I don't do penny stocks so I can't make good recommendations. All I know about penny stocks is that they move very quickly and can crush someone just as quick depending on what strategy your using. I am sure its possible, but for me I put risk first and with the wild moves in stock prices, I could never stay in a trade ( much less track it during the day).

If you really want to get into stocks, start with learning how the market works. Tons of books out there for that, one up on wall st, random walk down wall st etc. Next I'd read the market wizard books and figure out how the great investors/traders do it. You'll learn from them that you need to put in a ton of time and learn a ton to make it in this game.

In my personal experience, I am finding that one really has to develop a system that works for them. There isn't any real substitute for that.