They said it couldn't be done -- the dark stylee

superchristx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My first post was something like "method for a gloomy guy," I wanted to get more chicks without giving up my natural demeanor. Basically I was lambasted, people said it would never work, that i could only get depressed goth chicks. Well darth vader taught us that there is GREAT power in the dark side, if we're man enough to use it. At the time of that first post I was a lot closer to being a DJ than I realized, I’m still not there but I hope what I’ve learned along the way can help some of the gloomy guys on this board.

I've always been a dark guy, I own more than my fair share of dark clothes (though I never wear all black) my eyes are set way back in my head which gives me a shadowy, mysterious air. I walk with a manly strut, like satan himself or darth vader. But remember, satan would never say “yeah I’m the prince of darkness,” he would give you an innocent look and say “who me??” You don’t have to say that you’re evil on a plate, pure c0ck’n’balls with a trick up your sleeve, because everybody knows it.

Keys to the dark stylee are:

1. Never be a pvssy. You aren't dark because you're some depressed drama queen stuck in a funk, you're dark because that's how you roll and you like it. Never be sad, it was a mistake in that first post to use the word “gloomy” it’s much better to be mean.

2. Hide your smile. When I first started reading these boards, I saw a lot of posts: always have a hyper-positive energy, smile with all your top and bottom teeth showing. I could never, WOULD never do this. When a smile naturally comes to my face I squash it down into a half-smile, like a little kid who just did something naughty but doesn't want you to know about it. This smile is easy to fake and it gives the impression that under your hard exterior there is a funloving sweetheart waiting to be unleashed. When you hide your good side, people will work to see more of it. I almost never laugh, although I have a great sense of humor and I'm always making people crack up (maybe because I make them slightly uneasy) it takes something seriously funny to get more than a chuckle out of me. But laughter is a natural thing, I would never fake it so the absence of laughter is just my natural disposition. The half-smile is CRITICAL to dark game, girls find it irresistable.

5. Deadpan. Along the same veign, it goes without saying that your humor is totally deadpan. I am constantly joking and bullshytting, but almost never smiling. I'll tell a woman that I'd like her a lot better if she stayed silent. I'll say "don't contradict me, I hate that." at the same time I'm actually loving her saucy attitude and she knows it. Maybe a cutie is standing nearby and I want some attention.

“Hey, sit here.” (slaps bench)
“Uh no thanks I’m late for ...”
(interrupting) “I insist.”
“okay.”

If she doesn’t sit down I’ll either ignore her until she does what I want, maybe I turn my back completely. Or I’ll get up and inside her comfort bubble and ask her why she’s being difficult/disobedient/insubordinate. This especially works on rebel-girls who take it as a huge compliment that they’re being disobedient. I want her to submit, she wants to resist – okay baby let’s play.

If she answers her cellphone while I’m around I say “you know, it’s one week in purgatory for every time you use your phone in my presence.” Watch how fast she hangs up!

4. Ignore/reward. Much of my game is strictly DD/AD by the book, but I take it to an extreme. If a conversation is boring me I'll walk away in the middle of it! End phone conversations with only 2 seconds notice. I'll ask an intimitate, interesting, probing question and totally ignore the answer. If I ask one of those questions and I think the answer isn't honest or interesting, I just say so. Likewise if she says something smart, interesting, or insightful (complimenting me doesnt count) I reward her big time, I'm not afraid to get up, change my seat and put my arm around her. This extremely friendly body language only lasts for a few seconds, but the girl will get half-smiles and the assumption that she 'gets' my dark humor. I also reward girls that have a little attitude and fight back. It goes both ways, if I neg a little too hard or go too heavy on the c/f, I say "there there baby lets be friends" and go hug her. I also hug guys that I'm friends with. I hug everybody, so it seems 'natural' and the people that aren't getting touched WANT to get touched. The other day I was on campus and I told a girl she looked thirteen (she was under age so I wasn’t trying) and she got a little hurt. So I went and gave her a hug. “Wow, you really know how to fvck with a girl’s head” is what she said to me. By the way this girl was smokin’ hot, dressed to the 9s.

I also qualify hardcore, in a very explicit way. "How big is your bed? Twinsize, that might be a problem." "Where do you live? Do you have a car? Alright we'll have to hang out at my place."

6. Contradiction: “You know what I like about you? The fact that you’re a stupid a$$hole.” “No offense, but I think you’re completely full if sh!t” “I like your look, you’ve got a real frumpy/sloppy style – its cute.”

I also contradict myself. I say things that are totally untrue about myself “I just want to fit in/people to like me/be cool” when its obvious that I have no interest in these things. “I’ve never said a sincere word in my life” when I just said something totally deep and insightful. “Women find me irresistable” when I just said something to push them away.

You are a walking contradiction, a battleground between good and evil. This is why the half-smile and ignore/reward are so critical. You can’t be %100 a$$hole, you have to hint at something beneath your hard exterior. There is a clear distinction between the tough guy on the outside and the sweetheart beneath.

3. Dominance: People are like dogs, if you dominate them they will naturally submit, fall in line and LOVE you for it. If a person won’t submit to you, recognize them and validate their behavior because you’ve found a kindred spirit. In a way, doing this cements them beneath you. ‘I’m the man, therefore I’m qualified to validate you and tell you that you’re alright.”

That’s all for now, please give me some feedback and I’ll modify the post into a more cohesive guide. I’m just an rAFC but I know exactly where I’m at and where I’m headed in my development. If you’re a KBJ or a hater just try to remember that this will only work for guys with whose personality it fits.

\O/

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting post!

Some good stuff in there, although not my style..

:)

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Classic cold coquette archetype, although maybe a bit more extreme.

But yeah... this will only work if this is your actual personality (like me).

AS

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not really my style, though I can see that it might work for some people...

Alicorn

Banned
Reaction score
This sounds great! I'm going to go dark syde myself!

In fact I think I'm going to change my name to Darth Fluffy!

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bump

How did this post get missed by 99% of the board?

This is the game I like to play. I clearly don't have it mastered the way this guy does.

I have only recently discovered this aspect of my personality. Especially

"3. Dominance: People are like dogs, if you dominate them they will naturally submit, fall in line and LOVE you for it. If a person won’t submit to you, recognize them and validate their behavior because you’ve found a kindred spirit. In a way, doing this cements them beneath you. ‘I’m the man, therefore I’m qualified to validate you and tell you that you’re alright.”"

I've found this to be so true. The better I get at making people submit to me, the easier time I have it with my game. Dominance is sexy.

Being too friendly and all smiles, and talking too much kills my game.

Join us on the dark side...

L777

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea thats sorta like me as well but not as extreme, i think a lotta non-"jock" or non-"chav" guys are like this, but its mint that you put in a post like that

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i still love this

DarkLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right on Man!

This def. fits my flavor... and is most enjoyable.

... owning them through superior wit, intelligence. All the while laying massive ball$ on them through your body-being, aura, and a devilish smirk to confirm all thats goin on.

I feel you..........

Good Post, Keep the DarkSide Alive and well balanced w. those hugz... lol, excellent.

-DarkLight-

cant think of a user name

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Firstly - if it works for you and thats who you are and how you like to be, then that's awesome. Now to the main point of my post...

You mentioned something interesting that caught my attention ---

You said that people like to be and are easily dominated? You said they'll love you for dominating them?

I don't agree with this - could you (or anyone else who wants to jump in) elaborate on this point?

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You said that people like to be and are easily dominated? You said they'll love you for dominating them?

I don't agree with this - could you (or anyone else who wants to jump in) elaborate on this point?
You see, most people go through their lives totally unaware of the natural dominance dynamics that exist in every human interaction. Many people are completely unaware of body language, eye contact games, voice tonalities and other non-verbal cues that subtly establish the dominant party in an interaction.

Watch the way many people interact with strangers - closed, stiff body language, quiet voice tone, darting eyes or looking at the ground - they are clearly uncomfortable. Then watch the way people with high status behave around others. They move fluidly, seem comfortable in their surroundings, invade on people's personal space, speak loudly and slowly, look away from people when others are talking, etc. The difference in the two is profound.

Just being aware of the power that body language has can allow you to set a dominant frame with even your boss, a police officer, or others who you would otherwise naturally be submissive towards.

For example, in a pickup situation, if you get a girl interested in you, and start acting disinterested and leaning away from you, she will lean towards you in order to continue the conversation. Other people looking on will see her trying to get your attention, and assume that she's the one that is trying to talk to you. It's extremely simple but deceptively powerful as other girls see a hottie vying for your attention and approval.

It even goes beyond body language, though. If you refuse to validate people except for when they agree with you, you will come off as a total @sshole and a judgemental prick, and people will work harder than ever to gain your approval. If you are a dominant male and other people look up to you but you rarely validate others, you gain the power to raise somebody else's social status implicitly by accepting them.

This is much of what is at work in many of the 'techniques' espoused on this website, such as C&F teasing and qualifying. It is also the key towards asserting yourself in a relationship - you refuse to validate a girl for behaving in a way that disapprove of.

An example of this is when a girl is nagging on you for no apparent reason. She's asserting power - and how you respond determines who is in control of the relationship. If you apologize and seek her approval, she is in control. If, however, you tell her to shut up and come talk to you when she has a real complaint, you have just communicated that her nagging is something that you will not put up with, and thus she will quit in order for you to validate her behavior. Many guys say the second move makes you a prick - but that's much better than being a chump like in the first example.

Much in the same way you can tease anybody about their hobbies, beliefs, habits, or labels they apply to themselves. A girl the other day refused to play Halo 2, even though she was clearly interested in it, saying "Oh, no I'm not a nerd!" so I laughed at her and said "Oh, that's cute... you don't want to look like a nerd in front of me. It's ok, I play Halo too. Go ahead" and she started giving me reasons why she's "not a nerd" and I teased her for trying to hard to convince me. We went through the same routine over her being 'mature for her age', even calling me young in spite of the fact that I'm 4 years older than her. I just laughed and said "Yeah, I'm young... which makes you practically a child still. It's ok, though, you can hang out with the big kids for a while." It drove her crazy, and she's always trying to act older around me now. At this point, she'd do a lot to gain my approval. All I did was not validate her.

Understanding these dynamics in human interactions will literally change your life.

superchristx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Saz: To be completely honest, the half-smile works for me because my teeth aren't great and my natural smile is just kind of dorky. Of course I can't suppress it all the time and I'm not ashamed of my mouth. But I've gotten direct compliments and comments from girls on the half-smile. It just happens to work for me. I suppose if I had even rows of pearly-whites I would be inclined to smile fully.

Can't Think: Honestly I can't imagine why people would want to be dominated, I was at a total loss for an answer until I read brother AP's reply. Still though I won't pretend to be a psychologist. I can only say that in MY life, being dominant and fundamentally selfish has benefitted me bottom line (though not in every single area or with every single person.)

Sure some of my old friends have fallen away, partly because they couldn't handle the change (soft stoner types) and partly because I got sick of their abuse. Some, maybe a lot, of us can make the transition with no casualties... what can I say I chose the dark side.

I think that some people will always try to keep you down. When you undergo the change that we are ALL here to make, some people in your life won't respond well. It's hard not to bend under that pressure, but this is YOUR life and you're only obligation is to your SELF. Really, if people don't like the fact that you assert your interests and stand up for yourself they're not such good friends to begin with.

Emperiorjack

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the dark style is stupid. I think this will pass and within a few years everyone will be thinking "What the hell they were dumb back then hahah"

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:yawn:

The haters are just fuel for the fire that motivates me. Thanks for helping, EmporerJack.

p.s. I don't care what happens two years from now, this website hardly serves a purpose now let alone in the distant future

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every person seeks validation in one way or another.

The meek seek validation from others whom they percieve to be greater than them.

The manipulative find validation when others seek validation from them, and so they work to make others seek their approval.

The strong seek validation from themselves only, setting expectations for themselves and striving to meet them, and get their satisfaction from their own achievement.

When you refuse your validation to another person, they do not want to be dominated so much as they want to be approved of, and you are automatically in control when they are seeking your approval. You have the power to raise their status, or so they believe, but as long as they seek their status through the approval of others they can never actually raise it above the people they depend on.

When you first notice people doing this, you will experience a classic power trip feeling because you have learned a great secret. The greatest validation another person can give you is to seek your approval. This feels great, but eventually gets old when you realize how small of an accomplishment it really is. Also, you may encounter another person who thinks similarly - and he will refuse to validate you by not seeking your approval, and you will not be able to control him. If you refuse to submit to him, you may end up as bitter enemies, or through mutual respect, best of friends.

But when you learn to validate yourself, you have reached the heights of self-confidence. Set your own expectations to live up to, and nobody will be able to shatter your belief in yourself. Find a reason to truly believe that you are something special - and that is that you remain strong to your convictions. When you do this, you will be able to out-play any game player, and out wit any person because you will be aware of how other people try to pigeonhole you into a certain category or devalue you by playing these aforementioned power games.

People who lack a belief in themselves only feel comfortable in the shadow of somebody who does - when you become the person who does, you're confidence will become attracive in itself because people will feel more powerful themselves when they associate with you. Men admire other men who can do what the cannot - whether you're a millionaire or just a charming guy who can get many women, they will want to be around you, to learn from you, and to leech from your success. Most of all, they will seek your approval as a barometer of their own self-worth.

Knowing your own value is one of the most important tools to success.

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've tried this on girls before and it really only works if this is your natural personality.....It's not me to be dark so I don't do it, I love the James Bond style of djing

However, when doing this on a chick I noticed that in no time they start treating you with the same attitude that you gave to them. They cut conversations off halfway through a phone chat cus they get bored....they develop the same deadpan humor when interacting with you. I agree with 'can't think of a user name' when he says that people don't want to be dominated since like and human existance is all about power struggle. I believe when you are around a woman long enough they'll start to mimic your behaviors cus thats what they do.

If you can't back up all this @sshole behavior than don't even bother thinking you can pull it off.

guided_missile

Reaction score
This is just the post I needed to see. I've been looking over seduction sites like sosuave.com for about a month now, and while reading through them has been enlightening, the incessant pushing of the "positive additude" was driving me nuts. There's this permeating idea that girls are only into "light hearted fun loving" kinda guys. This is the polar opposite of me! I mean I can be that way, but it's not natural and takes a lot of energy. Assuming my energy has value (it does), I needed to think of another way, a way more suited towards my natural abilities. Enter, the dark style!

The "half-smile" bit is especially interesting. I've been working on my smile for a while now, standing in the mirror, experimenting. Big smiles look really dumb and phony on me. The half-smile however, is a different story. I knew right away I had to go with it as my de facto facial expression, the one people will remember me by and associate me with. It's perfect because it manages to show you're intense without making people uncomfortable (the 'innocent playful child hiding underneath', you either have this look or you don't). It hints to someone that happiness is in you, but it they want to see it they'll have to work for it. And work they will, cause we all know how much girls love a challenge! Laughter will only come when it's genuine, as the ultimate reward. Faking laughter kills it's value.

Right now my focus will be on refining this half-smile and learning to control it with extreme precision. I can think of some good ways to integrate it into the ignore/reward method, raising and lowering it appropriately to convey pleasure/displeasure with a girl. Another thing I've found is that holding the half smile still lets you focus on the eyes, and eye contact. What I do is press my tongue into the back of my two front teeth and open my mouth so that the tips of them are barely visible. This is an easy position to remember and hold for long periods. It helps to hold your neck up and head slightly downward (which consequently improves your vision).

For me this is only the beggining, there is much work to be done. Because I don't like failure I plan meticulously to minimize it in all aspects of my life (some is inevitable and necessary, I still don't like it!). At some point I will have to overcome my anxiety and get out into the field, but with this thread my confidence has shot up.

Now as proven with some of the threads here, there will be haters. People who don't understand that the "dark style" is not about being depressed. It's about playing the game your way. These people can be tough; they can bring you down if you don't prepare for them. As a result I feel as if "inner-game" and a statement of affirmations is extremely critical to this style. I'm going to be working on these in the upcoming days.

At this point I look at myself as a machine going through the phases of transformation from AFC - PUA.

Phase 1 - enlightenment. (one month ago, my discovery of sosuave.com and other seduction sites).

Phase 2 - choosing my role. Making a commitment to it. Additude overhaul. Identify and destroy negative thoughts and feelings, my way. (currently moving into this phase).

Phase 3 - play the field and have fun! (coming soon!)

Instinct

Reaction score
wow this place is still the same.

i came into this thread thinking this would be something cool. This 'dark style' is the same basic **** of seduction..'dont be a *****', well no ****ing ****, the dominance thing- ditto, this is all basic **** under another label. the only thing different is the half smile, which is retarded. Smirks their sexy at times, but too much shows arrogance which is not attractive. Smirk = ****yness, too much is ****ing annoying. A Smile on the other hand never gets annoying sicne it conveys fun and happyness . blahs, the topic is interesting though of creating such a 'dark art' style. but listen..No one with GOOD SELF ESTEEM likes hanging around people who are downers. Positivity is pushed for because its what can enhance your life, what can better it. what the **** man.

Android

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think the whole contradiction game works well. Depending on how you use it, you could seem insecure like you are trying to hide something. And if used in excess, she'll start to think of you as a liar.