Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Thespians

El Schweenador

New Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2004
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
STL
This week we performed our school musical "The Wizard of Oz," and I was involved as I played trumpet as part of the pit orchestra. While at a party held for the cast, I met this gorgeous girl from the play (I'd say shes probably an 8.5 on my scale.) We danced together and chatted for a while, and before I left I got her number. I'd say she's now one of three or four girls I'm considering taking to prom. I'm planning on doing something with her on Friday. My question for you guys is this....I've noticed that she, along with a lot of her friends who are really into theater, are often overly emotional in the way they react to things, and often overact their responses to things. Do any of you know what I'm talking about, and how I should react to this behavior?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

--R/J--

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 5, 2003
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
SSTX
If they are truly into theatre and acting, then yes, usually they do have a lot of love for drama, and incorporate it into their lives. But I'd still see where it goes.


Oh yea, be careful with actors - they're extremely good liars.
 

Salacious D

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 19, 2003
Messages
187
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Strawberry Fields
I'm an actor, I know lots of actors in my High School, and it's been my experience that we're all pretty ****ed up. So, be on your guard, I guess:)
 

whoa

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 15, 2003
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
thespians? let's change that "th" to a "L" and invert that p, then go for it!
 
Top