Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

There's so much free classes online its incredible

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From lynda.com to YouTube and everything in between this so much crap out there free or an affordable price currently taking Google project management certificate.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems like this should go into the "Anything Else" or "Wealth and Success" subforum.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Folks MIT has a class catalog online and free. You can become an astrophysicist if you want.

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But it's not going to land you a job anywhere

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Knowledge get you places, no degree can. As a leader I’ve hired people with no degree and plenty of knowledge into jobs paying 150k+ US$.

Argue as much as you want, it’s a fact.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes they will. Just lie on your resume. If you have the skills to perform your job, that's all that really matters.

threeforfree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As a software engineer, I know for a fact that I could describe steps that you can take IF YOU ARE MOTIVATED to get your foot in the door at a good job that could propel you to just about any position that a person with a college degree would get.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a software engineer, I know for a fact that I could describe steps that you can take IF YOU ARE MOTIVATED to get your foot in the door at a good job that could propel you to just about any position that a person with a college degree would get.
So describe them. :rolleyes:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I disagree. I was hired into my first junior developer job from taking these types of classes with certificates of completion with no CS degree. Along with working on my own projects and completing numerous code challenges and getting a 970/1000 on an MCSE exam.

After starting there and switching jobs to a higher paying one I went back to school to complete my CS degree tho since I do think it helps open all doors rather than some and didn't want to get passed for any potential jobs due to not having it.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
So describe them. :rolleyes:
First off do you have a penchant for software engineering? How good are you at calculus, statistics, physics, etc? Do you have any post high school class work or another degree?

Its impossible to reason from insufficient data.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First off do you have a penchant for software engineering? How good are you at calculus, statistics, physics, etc? Do you have any post high school class work or another degree?

Its impossible to reason from insufficient data.
Yes to all; I used to be a programmer until all the work dried up for me in the Great Recession. Oh yes, I had considered getting yet another MS, this time in Business-Analytics/Data-Science, but at my age, I thought it could still be fruitless for me; besides, it would have interfered with my GeoMaxxing. :cool:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
What interpreted or compiled languages can you efficiently code in?

Yes to all; I used to be a programmer until all the work dried up for me in the Great Recession. Oh yes, I had considered getting yet another MS, this time in Business-Analytics/Data-Science, but at my age, I thought it could still be fruitless for me; besides, it would have interfered with my GeoMaxxing. :cool:

threeforfree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically it boils down to educating yourself with books, YouTube, and working on your own stuff at first. You’ll never get good without actually doing it. Then make a GitHub account and start contributing to open source projects. There’s your portfolio, and it’ll be better than most people fresh out of college. Use that to get your first job and then just keep advancing your career.