There Is A Loneliness Epidemic

westinlover

Banned
Reaction score
16+ months of imposed isolation, surprisingly, makes people lonely.

-Schools have gone remote
-Churches have gone remote
-Work has gone even more remote or stopped temporarily
-People are taught to be afraid of one another
-Masks prevent communication in many ways

With these "reopenings," there is a sense that the window of opportunity to meet others and move freely is limited and therefore I sense a great deal of urgency to meet new people and establish long term friendships and relationships.

Do you feel this is an opportunity for you? Are you making an effort as well?

Reaction score

With these "reopenings," there is a sense that the window of opportunity to meet others and move freely is limited and therefore I sense a great deal of urgency to meet new people and establish long term friendships and relationships.

What you fail to understand is that the loneliest people I have ever met are in horrible marriages.Loneliness is an inside job.I was single after my divorce for 7 years.I was alone but not lonely there is a difference.I have a very close relationship with God so in reality I was never alone even ,that is the secret.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not vaccinated as of yet. Therefore, I don't care about the re-openings as of yet until I get double-jabbed.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The pandemic will eventually end, and people will be hungry for interaction. It is definitely an opportunity to find new people.

Reactions: BMX

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

It's a great time to be in bachelor mode.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I haven't really felt it. When I couldn't go outside it was annoying and just taking a short walk each day to the shop became a great pleasure. But I never really felt lonely. I agree with what someone else said - the most lonely place can be a crowd of people. It depends more on who you have a connection with and especially if you have a good connection with yourself.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People have become accustomed to being isolated from each other and simply communicating through smartphones.

We were already heading in this direction even before the plannedemic. People's social skills were already bad, and now it'll be even worse.

Women have no need to feel an urgency to meet people because they'll always be bombarded by attention from thirsty men. And also, women have support networks, men don't.

In the modern era, loneliness only afflicts men, not women.

If you're a male, your best bet is to looksmaxx as much as possible. If you're not decent-looking with good social skills, you're gonna have a tough time in this new world.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm too busy, to be lonely.

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol.. I can get 10 girls phone number and can do nothing about it.. Travel were restricted.. No matter. i have a descent life to live on my own.