Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Theminatar's Workout Journal

Theminatar

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am going to continually post in here about how my workouts are going, I will set goals for myself and how to achieve them. This is to see how much I improve, and what I can improve more on.

Feel free to ask questions or give advice.

Goals

• [*]Get a six pack
    [*]Bench 2 plates by the end of my 11th year(225lbs)
    [*]Squat 3 plates by the end of my 11th year(315lbs)
    [*]Be able to run an hour without stopping
    [*]Eat more fruit
    [*]Run more often
    [*]Do more push ups
    [*]Tone my muscle

You're probably asking yourself, "What is a plate?". Well a plate is one 45 pound barbell weight on each side of the barbell. The bar weighs 45lbs alone, so one plate is 135lbs(45plate + 45plate + 45bar)

Current Weights

Bench: 150lbs
Squat: 255lbs
Dumbbell Press: 45lbs each dumbbell
Lat Pull: 45lb dumbbell
Dumbbell lunge: 35lbs each dumbbell
Continuous Running Time: 20mins
How often I run: Whenever it's warm, I ran last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, then again today.
Current Abs: 4 pack
Push-up Routine: 25 x 4
Current weight: 182lbs
Current height: 5'10"

Current Diet

I eat 3 times a day, I will break down what I eat by Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.

Breakfast

Usually a bowl of Frosted Mini Wheat or 4 waffles with butter and blueberry syrup and milk.

Lunch

Pretzel and cheese with a fat free chocolate milk, peaches, fries and a Gatorade.

Dinner

My dad makes everything from scratch.

Usually consists of a meat(chicken, pork, or beef) or fish, 2 vegetables(corn, carrots, peas, green beans, broccoli, etc.. A type of bread, and a glass of 2% milk.

Workout Plan

Workout every Monday, Wednesday, Friday. At the last 20mins of the session I will run on the treadmill at a jogging pace(set speed to 6.5).

Theminatar

Don Juan
Reaction score
NorwegianDJ said:
You definately want to change your breakfast and lunch. Possibly add more meals.
I'll keep that in mind.

Worked out for 35mins today, was working on higher reps.

Workout

• Bench: 3x15 @ 100lbs
  • Hammer Curls: 3x10 @ 25lbs
  • Forearm roll: 10lbs 3 times
  • Dumbbell Press: 3x10 @ 30lbs
  • Close Grip Bench: 3x10 @ 90lbs
  • Farmers walk: 50yds @ 45lbs

Forward Crunches: 2x50

Meals

Breakfast

-None, I wasn't hungry at all.

Lunch

-None, still not hungry.

Supper

-Pot of fat free homemade bean soup Yummmm

Would have liked to work out for a longer period of time, but I had very little time to workout today. Maybe I'll have more time Monday?

StateOfMind

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're nutrition and weight lifting program isn't congruent to your goals.

Read up on basic strength routines... Here's a great workout for you to increase your basic lifts:
workout A:
3x5: Squat
3x5: Bench
1x5: Dead lift
Workout B:
3x5: squat
3x5: Standing Military Press
3x5 Power Clean OR Bent Over Row
Alternate each week, workout A Monday, workout B Wednesday, workout A friday... Then alternate.
ABA, BAB, ABA... Etc.. No other supplement WEIGHT lifts needed.
For cardio, its up to you as long you progress in a timely manner.
For Nutrition I'd advise you to read up on articles, books and also browse forums in fitness such as BB.com and Tnation... Hope this helps.

StateOfMind

Don Juan
Reaction score

Read up on basic strength routines... Here's a great workout for you to increase your basic lifts:
workout A:
Workout B:
Alternate each week, workout A Monday, workout B Wednesday, workout A friday... Then alternate.
For Nutrition I'd advise you to read up on articles, books and also browse forums in fitness such as BB.com and Tnation... Hope this helps.

Theminatar

Don Juan
Reaction score
StateOfMind said:

workout A:
Workout B:
That weight lifting program is basically the exact same as the one my Weight Lifting class makes us do. Yeah, I'll look into a better diet BUT, I don't understand why you have to eat so much? If I'm trying to lose fat and gain muscle why should I eat more than 3 meals a day?

Today I had BFS(Bigger Faster Stronger) class and we did:
  • 3x5 Bench
  • 3x5 squat
  • 3x5 incline bench

After school I decided to workout even more, today was focused on the arms this time.

Workout

• Bench: 3x5 @ 135lbs
  • Bench: 3x5 @ 125lbs
  • Hammer Curls: 5x5 @ 30lbs
  • Dumbbell Press: 5x5 @ 25lbs
  • Barbell Curl: 3x5 @ 55lbs

I decided to max out my bench with a friend for sh!ts and giggles and I benched 180lbs once, I was so happy when I did it. Means I'm one step closer to my 2 plate goal.

Wednesday will be focused on legs and abs, =D.

I'm going to start a routine diet that will benefit my goals tomorrow, today is a research day.

Meals

Breakfast: Frosted Shredded Mini Wheats, this is my favorite cereal, contains 5g/protein per cup.

Lunch: I skipped lunch because I wasn't hungry, but I wont skip lunch ever again.

Supper: My dad was busy with Taxes and my step mom decided to make something quick to eat so I had scrambled eggs with ham, cheese, yellow peppers, green peppers, and red peppers, 2 pieces of toasted wheat bread, hashbrown and a glass of 2% milk.

After supper I drank a glass of pineapple juice and a teaspoon of Creatine. Yes, I use Creatine, and yeas I drink plenty of water.

StateOfMind

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your diet is horrible, for an athlete or regular joe. You need proper nutrition to feed your body which will get you to your goals. Now I'm not going to list a comprehensive meal plan for you but let me point out some flaws of nutrition...

First off that cereal has no nutrition in it at all, its filled with sugar that will only spike your insulin and crash you throughout your day. Replace that junk with complex carbs and/or proteins/fats

Try and eat mainly real whole foods, limit your fast food intake...Zero if you can.
There's some more flaws but if you follow this simple advice you will greatly improve mentally and physically.
Also I forgot to mention, please quit taking creatine, at least for now. You are simply not at the level yet to take this supplement... Your diet isn't set up appropriately, you are just spinning wheels. Even if your diet WAS in check, creatine will be ineffective...

The reason why is because you haven't built a respectable, strong foundation for yourself. Why take a supplement that might help your gains when your still gaining strength at a fast rate, when you can take creatine to amplify your already tough earned gains and to build upon an already STRONG foundation... Think about it.

Theminatar

Don Juan
Reaction score
StateOfMind said:
Your diet is horrible, for an athlete or regular joe. You need proper nutrition to feed your body which will get you to your goals. Now I'm not going to list a comprehensive meal plan for you but let me point out some flaws of nutrition...

First off that cereal has no nutrition in it at all, its filled with sugar that will only spike your insulin and crash you throughout your day. Replace that junk with complex carbs and/or proteins/fats

Try and eat mainly real whole foods, limit your fast food intake...Zero if you can.
There's some more flaws but if you follow this simple advice you will greatly improve mentally and physically.
Also I forgot to mention, please quit taking creatine, at least for now. You are simply not at the level yet to take this supplement... Your diet isn't set up appropriately, you are just spinning wheels. Even if your diet WAS in check, creatine will be ineffective...

The reason why is because you haven't built a respectable, strong foundation for yourself. Why take a supplement that might help your gains when your still gaining strength at a fast rate, when you can take creatine to amplify your already tough earned gains and to build upon an already STRONG foundation... Think about it.
Ok, I understand what you're saying. I don't eat fast food by the way, it's gross and greasy as ****. The only thing I really need to change is my breakfast and lunch meals. My suppers are always healthy, like last night I had a a roast sirloin with peas, mashed potatoes, a biscuit and milk.

So instead of cereal should I actually cook myself breakfast? Like eggs, toast, bacon ect...? I like the advice you're giving me. Thanks.

dhizzyballuh

Don Juan
Reaction score
the optimal diet plan should consist of 20%fat 40%carbs 40% protein...
for bulking(building muscle) i tend to do 30fat 50protein 20carbs
for cutting (losing fat) i do the 20/40/40

you cannot build muscle and lose fat at the same time, u must alternate in periods
ie..i want to get to a lean 185 sooo i spend some time working out and stuffing my face till i get to about 195-200, than i spend time working out and watching what i eat to get back around 180-185ish..

its recommended that you eat 6 meals a day (meal every 3-4 hours) as to keep your metabolism running to make goals alot easier to reach...start counting your calories..when im trying to bulk i add an extra 1000 calories to my diet
when im cutting i subtract 500 (so i dont lose muscle) than exercise off another 500-1000...
a trick i learned from bulking is before bed eat some natural PB and cottage cheese...very tasty, high in fat and protein and keeps your metabolism running for 4-5 hours

trust me on this stuff i went from 240 with around 30% body fat to now im 187 with 9% bodyfat...took me since last august..bodybuilding.com has a bunch of great info..

now i just need to work on my game haha

Theminatar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven't updated in a while. I was away because I was spray painting my computer. But I worked out Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday I ran 2 miles.

I can't work out tomorrow because I have to make up a Chemistry Test, Ugh I hate Stoichiometry. But Wednesday and Thursday I will work out.

I use the schools weight room so I can't work out over spring break. Our weight room is the 2nd best in the MAC district. But over break I will continue to run, do push ups, dips, and ab exercises.

StateOfMind

Don Juan
Reaction score
BIG misconception is that people think you cannot lose fat and gain muscle at the same time... Well you can. Just incorporate HIT training... For abs just do heavy vompund lifts such as Dips, desdlifts, front squats and power cleans... All you need.

Theminatar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't really feel like doing much today.

Hammer Curls

5x5 @ 20lbs
4x5 @25lbs
3x5 @30lbs
2x5 @ 35lbs
1x5 @ 40lbs

Elevated Push ups(feet elevated)

3x25

Bench Press(high rep)

3x20 @ 75lbs

I was struggling with the last set, it's hard to hit those high reps. I wont be able to workout tomorrow because I am getting some help from a teacher.

Note: I do 60 push ups every night before I go to bed.

I suppose I could always run tomorrow after school.

Ps: I just calculated my body fat total and it's at 17%.

Theminatar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven't updated in a while.

My brother came home from college and we played prison poker.

Push ups and sit ups, you draw a card and you do push ups to the value of the card, all face cards are 15, and jokers are 50.

We went through 2 decks of cards, it's a fun game. Whoever has the most points at the end wins.

Theminatar

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's been spring break since last Friday and I can't really do much other than cardio. So Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday I ran 2 miles.

Theminatar

Don Juan
Reaction score
All right, school started again Monday and I've been lifting since. I'll post today's workout.

Bench

5x5 @125
4x5 @135
3x5 @145
2x5 @155
1x5 @165

Hammer Curls

5x5 @30

Push ups

One hand on a medicine ball

25 each hand

Abs

Front table with a plate on back for 60 secs

Bounce med ball side to side while sitting with legs in air

100 crunches

Shoulder circuit with 5 lbs

Theminatar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, well now I need to start losing weight. I used to be 165lbs last November, after swimming ended I gained 20lbs. I need to get back down to my 165lbs, if I can get back down to that I'd look ripped. Ha ha, man this is going to be tough but it will be an exciting adventure. I can't wait to see the results.

Today I was in the gym and didn't feeling like lifting so a friend and I were just seeing who could lift more. Him and I are close when it comes to swimming. His upper body has always been stronger than mine, so he maxed his bench at 190lbs mines at 180lbs. But my legs have always been a lot stronger than his. I maxed my squat at 265lbs and his was at a mere 205lbs. Lol, we already knew what the outcomes was going to be but it's still funny.

Theminatar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol, ok ok ok. So there's this scrawny looking kid at our school and I noticed him trying to squat 2 plates, he was trying it cause he saw me squat them easily. Kid fell down, thankfully the bar guards were up or he'd have been dead.

Anyways, ran 2 miles today. Weighed myself in at 180lbs, a few friends of mine don't understand why I'm trying to cut down. They don't think I'm fat at all, but in my opinion I'm getting fat. Plus if I cut down I'll look ripped as ****.

Theminatar

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was grounded for 10 days but within those 10 days I managed to lose 13lbs, I'm only 10lbs from my goal.

I'm joining wrestling next year and I talked to my brother and his best friend(both wrestlers) and they said they are going to train me during summer break. They said it will be intense so no whining. I can't wait!

cuzza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
StateOfMind said:

Nothing wrong with taking creatine, whatsoever. If you have the tool available to you, use it.

Is it a waste of money? Potentially. If you have the cash for it not to be an issue, use it. I personally use it as it comes free with my protein powder, otherwise I don't see much point in it - some people respond better to it than others though.

StateOfMind... why would it be ineffective? The diet not being setup is obviously a problem for building muscle, but the creatine would still do its role regardless.