Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The white elephant in the room

vorbis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tbh I'm pretty fresh from my break up with my gf of 2 years (posted about it in another thread) and need something else to occupy my thoughts.

One of the societal myths scoffed at here is that the "good women" for marrying are generally gone by the time they're 30. I realize this isn't a hard and fast thing as my ex is 25 and would NOT make a good wife!

Nevertheless, from reading some threads here, it does seem like the percentage of fruitcake women who are single increases with age. Indeed in my own social circle (I'm 26), all the women who I would consider ltr standard are in a ltr at the moment. The only attractive one who isn't seems to have some weird issues in that she's been on one date over the past 3 years.

Before people start taking me apart for "being in the matrix", I do believe that this issue doesn't apply to guys. Indeed one of the girls who I consider to be ltr standard (she's 24) is going out with a 30 yo.

I'm just curious if my theory of older single women being messed up is true.

hover411

Don Juan
Reaction score
do you realize how small of a sample size your social circle makes up?

whether it is true or not, there are still quality older women out there.

the key is to get out of your social circle and get out more to places where you can meet these women.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
vorbis said:
Nevertheless, from reading some threads here, it does seem like the percentage of fruitcake women who are single increases with age. Indeed in my own social circle (I'm 26), all the women who I would consider ltr standard are in a ltr at the moment. The only attractive one who isn't seems to have some weird issues in that she's been on one date over the past 3 years.

Before people start taking me apart for "being in the matrix", I do believe that this issue doesn't apply to guys. Indeed one of the girls who I consider to be ltr standard (she's 24) is going out with a 30 yo.

I've held the theory that generally it's a red flag for women over 25 and single. I believe older single women are usually messed up and are not ltr material.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've held the theory that generally it's a red flag for women over 25 and single. I believe older single women are usually messed up and are not ltr material.
What about the ones who have been divorced - or who have been in mulyiple LTR's?

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
vorbis said:
No, they just have fatter asses and more kids.

Women are all the same.

decades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude you're freakin 26.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would you want an LTR at 26?

vorbis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sweet jehovah, I'm not looking to get into another ltr anytime soon!

I just want to discuss a theory that I've had in my mind for years. Its always been something I was curious about.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a theory, it may have some validity, but I will say this. Don't let this theory become a belief. You've had it in your mind for some years. That means its taken root and become a belief. That means that affects the way you see the world. So now when you meet women who are older, this new belief filters everything you see when you look at her. You have to look past your beliefs and try to find the reality of the situation. Seeing as how we never have all of the facts, there is only so much reality we can percieve. Which is why we fall back on theories in the first place, but just remember to not let the theory cloud your vision. This is why I hate theoretical discussion threads because then it attaches new beliefs in the minds of people based on no evidence what so ever. And some people here are so impressionable, that these new "beliefs" becomes their reality and they may miss what is right in front of them.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
. You have to look past your beliefs and try to find the reality of the situation. Seeing as how we never have all of the facts, there is only so much reality we can percieve. Which is why we fall back on theories in the first place, but just remember to not let the theory cloud your vision. This is why I hate theoretical discussion threads because then it attaches new beliefs in the minds of people based on no evidence what so ever. And some people here are so impressionable, that these new "beliefs" becomes their reality and they may miss what is right in front of them.
Well said..perception,and our beliefs, are borne from our personal evaluation and assessment ONLY. They need to be examined and challenged frequently so ensure that they MATCH the reality which exists OUTSIDE ourselves.

Skillful observation does this for us IF we take the time and make the effort.

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most attractive women at ANY age are in LTR's. That's something you'll have to get used to. It doesn't mean that they're necessarily happy in them and aren't looking to branch swing, though.

Attractive (sane) girls usually aren't single for very long. An attractive, PERPETUALLY single girl at ANY age probably has some issues that have hindered her ability to form stable relationships, whether it be mental health or simply career responsibilities.

The best thing for you to do is just go out and be social, and don't put much emphasis on the "single vs. taken" thing. Relationships dissolve all the time, and if a "taken" girl is giving you strong signals, her man is probably on the way out. That said, at any given time there are still TONS of single girls out there-especially if you live in a metropolitan area. At any rate, going out and making new friends are the best way to uncover these opportunities.

Your dating pool is not shrinking; it should be getting bigger. At 26, you can easily date women from 18-25; I'd say you're actually too young for girls older than 26, who are usually looking to settle down with an established guy a few years older than them. If you have the rest of your life in order, just the fact that you are familiar with this site should make picking up younger girls a breeze.

vorbis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, this was more what I was looking for.
The comment about most attractive women being in relationships make sense.

I have no intention of going after women older than me. I'm doing pretty well for myself at the moment and might as well just enjoy myself.