Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Uncool kid?

The Exile

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been on this site and reading these forums for awhile now, and learned quite abit from it. However, there seems to be one problem. While I'm not a chump nor AFC, I'm not a pickup machine either.

My friends are all likewise. Now, before I get bombarded with "feel confident about yourself, just go out and ask her." kinda stuff, here's the picture:

I'm about 1.69 m, 110 pound. Started doing weight training for about a month now, with 'some' results. Since I killed my eyes in my earlier life over video games, I'm walking around with glasses.

This one girl adaquently put me as: "looking naturally like a nerd." And i guess my looks just earn me titles like "sissy boy" and the such.

Of course, on the days when I spike my hair, leather jacket and jean it, I do better, but once the clothing goes, I'm back to being labelled the "siss" and "weakling."

The fact that I'm asian dosen't seem to help much either, as a scrawny asian dude walking around with glasses seems to attract that sort of attention. I do walk with confidence though, and although don't usually approach chicks, have no problem talking to them. Well, maybe save the really hot white ones. (and even then, we dont' have problem talking, just clicking)

Does anyone have some suggestions how to jump out of this cycle?

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Hmmm. Lose the glasses, focus on gaining some weight, dress to impress.

blienk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Julian said it all. In case you can't get contacts, at least get some fashionable frames. Read DIESEL's guide in the Health & Fitness forum for tips on gaining weight. Also, it might help shed the "geek" image if you go out for some sports teams.

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do what I did. One day, I was feeling bad and I really had a lot of anger, and I wanted to put my time into something. So I walked around my school looking for the football coach guy, who is one of the smartest, nicest, funniest people ever, and I talked to him. I said "Mr. _____, my name is Sebastian, and I've decided I want to play football for you. How can I start?"

I joined football mid february, worked out all spring and summer, and had a blast, and it was the best thing I did, and it was the one thing that made sophomore year great. I'm a junior now, and when I look at my team pictures ( I didn't get along good with anyone in particular) but all the crap we've been through, that's my family right there. I love them to death.

Join football. It's worth it. You learn to grab your balls and be tough, unlike cross country :rolleyes: and badminton :rolleyes:

Just a suggestion. Most people who play football say there's nothing like it. Try it, and see if you agree.

WhAcKeD!

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have the same weight problem bro. I weigh about 130-135 at age 16, pretty light. Its the metabolism. Itll eventually shed away though. Just go to the gym everyday for about an hour, drink protein and createin shakes, take vitamins. And eat alot of calories. Be consistent with it and youll get bigger. Just have faith in yourself bro.

The Exile

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks all for your help and encouragement. I'll try it, and keep you guys updated on the results.

peace everyone

FBGangsta

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't join football just to join a sport. You WILL get your ass kicked. You won't like it. You have to be very tough or at least bigger than you are right now. If you join, and get your ass kicked, you won't get any respect. Seriously, you have to love the game of football if you really want to play.

What you have to do, is get some contacts, work out, eat lots of protein, and just work on your social skills. Joining a sport is not necessary, a lot of people who join a sport thinking they'll be cool find out they're wrong. You can do whatever you want, just get a good life and good friends.

PatrickWasHere

Don Juan
Reaction score
Football for some big people might be the key...but at my school, unless you're 1st string, possibly second string, you will get no recognition at all really...It can even work backwards. Girls think "Oh he is on the team, but he obviously sucks since he doesn't play at all"...thats why i didn't join.
I also weigh 110lbs...and am 5'5'', and i come off as one of the scrawniest guys ever...but i go to the school weightroom daily for half of my lunch period to lift and get tips from the stronger guys. Lose the glasses bro, girls don't like them much.
But you can do it man...I am the same way about having no problem talking to hott girls or girls in general, but the approach is the hard part.
You can do it man, workout, pack some pounds[if possible...i find the more stuff i eat, the fast it goes through my system] and lose the glasses. You'll be pimp in no time;)

Big Pimpin'

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you need better clothes. Do you wear polo's and khakis? thats geek clothes.

blienk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Big Pimpin'
I think you need better clothes. Do you wear polo's and khakis? thats geek clothes.
I don't think you can make generalizing statements like that because what is considered fashionable is heavily dependent on region. At my high school, the most popular kids generally wore polos, khakis, and other "preppy" type clothes.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where I'm from when you wear polos and khakis you dress for success. Well...to some extent.

Too bad I can't afford any polo shirts right now...

heteropedro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ok wtf are you talking about. Maybe khakis but not polos. South pole and ecko makes polos intelligent man. goto ebay.com and look for clothes. Make sure you check NEW WITH TAGS. I ordered soem clothes off tere and it came brand new with tags just like they said. I bought some 52 $$ pants for 14 bucks with shipping.

I dont know about you, but I look pretty good in glasses. Try getting a new hair cut. Try smelling nice most of the time. Maybe get a chain for your neck like with a cross on it or whatever symbol your suppose to believe. Gain confidence by looking at girls and not looking away intill they do. This might be hard if your rep is that bad. Being popular isnt really hard at all.

wuji

Reaction score
actually, some asian guys look good in glasses. it really depends on your style, and what kind of girls you like.

during winter, i like to wear a pair of nice khakis, a nice blackish gray trench coat, a maroon scarf, and armani glasses. i am not sure but i think you should be at least about 6'0 to pull off this look.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
The man makes the clothes not the other way around. If you can sport it then you can sport it.

I dont like ecko or southpole, i just think its stupid as hell when i see a pair of pants with some huge JNCO-esque logo on them. To each their own ;P

The Exile

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would love to get some new cloth, but I just went bankrupt recently and is looking for a new job.

A heigh growth about now would really be cool, but I'm 16 already and have gotten abit of facial hair for almost 2 years. Don't know if there's still hope.

Recently, I started weight training, and bam! a week later, I was doubling what I normally eat. My body just naturally craves for more food, more often.

I don't know if thats a sign of height growth or just the weight training.