The ultimite martial artist part 1-theory

Suicide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I really hope no one who is serious about studying a martial art looks here for any kind of advice.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let this die already!

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP's advice was pretty useless but some of the disscussion afterwards was an interesting read.

If Traditional martial arts are so damn useless, then why when I was walking downtown Kunming, China one night did I see 5 military policemen practicing kung fu?? Why do most militaries still offer training in the traditional arts?

By the OP's logic, both TMA and MMA are both completely useless because we live in an era that has guns and bombs. Why not just train as a sniper or DL the cookbook instead of "wasting" time training in hand to hand.

The OP also makes the mistake of thinking that everyone takes a martial art for the same reasons. Many people learn different martial arts for many different reasons. Some for fighting, some for exercise, some for confidence, and some to meet asian chicks, ect... There is no one reason for learning martial arts. However I would like to say that the ultimate goal of a martial artist (once he's gotten into it) shouldn't be to become a better fighter, but a better humanbeing. After all, the point of martial arts is to stop a fight. Any teacher who says otherwise, isn't likely a good mentor.