The ultimatums of all ultimatums...

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Badabing,
however you conceal it your hand is unmistakable..LOL
Harmless enough I suppose...but realistically what young bloke living in an apartment has the facilities to take on a Dog?...Anyway if you have ever owned two pups as I have,you would know that separating them was the greater evil!

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
badabing1234 said:
I think she is ****ing pissed at me right now and might attempt to punish me by taking all the dogs.
If she can't handle things like an adult, take your concerns into account, and do whats fair then she wasn't good enough to marry any ways! Look at it like a test and how she handles not getting her way.

Tell her Tarzan and Jane were never married! :)

My live in girlfriend pulled pushed the marriage ultimatum on me after we had been together not quite 2yrs. She's still here. And the future is now entirely under my terms.

There comes a time when its appropriate to get married and it should be good for both parties. I'm not going to lead a girl on and drag it out for years either, but ultimately the man is the keeper of "relationship status", not the woman. With the current legal system, a man has a lot more at stake than a woman.

Last edited:

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Howiestern said:
ultimately the man is the keeper of "relationship status", not the woman. With the current legal system, a man has a lot more at stake than a woman.
^^^This. Your commitment is your metaphorical vagina. Don't give it up too easily or too frequently.

badabing1234

Reaction score
Just gonna post a quick update..

I'm feeling a little better and taking one day at a time. Been hanging out with a lot of my old friends too.

The ex has been posting lots of passive aggressive stuff on social media. Insinuating that i was a waste of time... source of regret... not a real man etc etc. I guess those kind of things, although hurtful, just makes my decision even easier.

disgustipated

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you can get through the initial hellstorm of social media, you're mostly in the clear. Be strong.

charlezz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry for bringing up such an old thread..

I am facing the very exact situation as the OP.

Background
I'm 36 (Divorced a grown up Daughter of 10years old)
My gf is 31 this year

We have been together for 6years.

We just attended another mutual friend's wedding and same as OP situation, she raised up the Marriage question.

To be honest, I'm not interested in getting married for the near 2-3years, but her biological clock is ticking at her age of 31.. she is pushing for marriage.. but I'm always avoiding that question

It's either marriage, stringing her or breaking up..

I'm still in a great dilemma. I have a great career, still very attractive and have no problem getting young attractive girls..

Am I being selfish for avoiding the marriage questions? Sometimes I found her crying along at the bed looking at her friends' wedding photos.. that creeps me seriously..

charlezz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Side story, she just moved out from my place after I can't make a decision on the marriage. I frequently meet new people in my line of work especially young female models which is the main cause of her insecurities..

Before she left, she said: "let me know when you are ready to get married and starts a family.. I'll wait for you.. I'm already 31 and I really want to get married and start a family and have children"

I ask her to leave my place in an indifferent manner and said that I need 2days to think about it.

Our relationship for the past 5-6years is fair and rocky at times, lovely dovely at times

She cooks, clean my place and takes good care of me

Last edited:

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly best thing u can do us go out and bang 2 women. The truth is u don't know if u love her because of her or because she the only girl to give u play. Hell she might be the one u might sleep with someone else and realize u want ur girl back.

charlezz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly best thing u can do us go out and bang 2 women. The truth is u don't know if u love her because of her or because she the only girl to give u play. Hell she might be the one u might sleep with someone else and realize u want ur girl back.
To be honest, I'm not sure if I'm even capable of settling down.. I find myself always wanting multiple girls in my life.. and she wants monogamy..

I do love her, but I do feel that monogamy isn't suitable for me or rather, I may simply be bored of her

This.. I admitted being selfish

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Side story, she just moved out from my place after I can't make a decision on the marriage. I frequently meet new people in my line of work especially young female models which is the main cause of her insecurities..

Before she left, she said: "let me know when you are ready to get married and starts a family.. I'll wait for you.. I'm already 31 and I really want to get married and start a family and have children"

I ask her to leave my place in an indifferent manner and said that I need 2days to think about it.

Our relationship for the past 5-6years is fair and rocky at times, lovely dovely at times

She cooks, clean my place and takes good care of me
Tell her in a polite but stern manner that you won't be held hostage snd when you are ready to propose then you will propose and not a day sooner. This discussion is now over.

Women have to understand they have a bio clock. Men have to foot the bill even if she decides she wants to have sechs with other men.

Your terms. Nothing else.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To be honest, I'm not sure if I'm even capable of settling down.. I find myself always wanting multiple girls in my life.. and she wants monogamy..

I do love her, but I do feel that monogamy isn't suitable for me or rather, I may simply be bored of her

This.. I admitted being selfish
Then you have your answer.