"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

The ultimate UK pickup thread (for all UK DJs)

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 22, 2002
Messages
1,012
Reaction score
211
Location
UK
Hi everyone. As most UK DJs are aware, we have to modify our approaches slightly to suit our culture.

I would like all UK Djs to post their pickup stories (and results), their pickup tips, and anything else relating to picking up girls in the UK to this thread.

I have plenty of experiences to share and will post soon.

UK Djs, let's all help each other succeed!
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

ryanvalmont

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 24, 2004
Messages
117
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Guitar_Whizz
Hi everyone. As most UK DJs are aware, we have to modify our approaches slightly to suit our culture.

I would like all UK Djs to post their pickup stories (and results), their pickup tips, and anything else relating to picking up girls in the UK to this thread.

I have plenty of experiences to share and will post soon.

UK Djs, let's all help each other succeed!
This is MORE true than alot of US/CA/GER/FRE...etc realize!,i mean Brittish chicks are ALOT MORE SHY/Reserved than most of country's.

Anyhow i don't have problems picking women up,one toll that won't fail even on shy girls is CONFIDENCE!

That's all i needa say really!
 

Solomon79

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 12, 2003
Messages
113
Reaction score
0
Location
nr London, UK
The best girl I met in this country was a Christian who I met at uni. She was stunning, absolutely beautiful inside and out. Any guy on this board would want her. And she wanted me.

You can imagine how difficult it would be to meet a girl like this, outside of uni, in the real world, in England. Just doesn't happen, or if it does, rarely. Two years have passed since and I have not found anyone who matches her. Yes, it sounds like one-itis, but she was good, very good, and this for me is the perfect encapsulation of the problems of DJing in the UK.

What we really have here is a working country, an economic socialist slave state. Most of the south-east is like LA, with people stuck in traffic jams driving to and from call centre jobs. It's not a romantic life.

You want to get a great life first before you can get the girl. Yet the nature of this country means that a lot of young women just don't know what to go for. They place a great deal more emphasis on trends and society and what their friends think. I don't think that is something that you can change.

I personally am focusing on building my wealth so that I can improve my lifestyle and free up some time, while having something to focus on, to get my drive from. Everything is temporary and I need long-term goals more than I need an immature girl who cannot make her mind up.
 

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 22, 2002
Messages
1,012
Reaction score
211
Location
UK
Cheers, nice to see some responses from other UK DJs.

I'll try and add to this post every so often and share my experiences.
 

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
Messages
3,010
Reaction score
5
Originally posted by Solomon79
The best girl I met in this country was a Christian who I met at uni. She was stunning, absolutely beautiful inside and out. Any guy on this board would want her. And she wanted me.

You can imagine how difficult it would be to meet a girl like this, outside of uni, in the real world, in England. Just doesn't happen, or if it does, rarely. Two years have passed since and I have not found anyone who matches her. Yes, it sounds like one-itis, but she was good, very good, and this for me is the perfect encapsulation of the problems of DJing in the UK.

What we really have here is a working country, an economic socialist slave state. Most of the south-east is like LA, with people stuck in traffic jams driving to and from call centre jobs. It's not a romantic life.

You want to get a great life first before you can get the girl. Yet the nature of this country means that a lot of young women just don't know what to go for. They place a great deal more emphasis on trends and society and what their friends think. I don't think that is something that you can change.

I personally am focusing on building my wealth so that I can improve my lifestyle and free up some time, while having something to focus on, to get my drive from. Everything is temporary and I need long-term goals more than I need an immature girl who cannot make her mind up.


I think that from the last paragraph, you have a very cool mindset. Keep movin' forward, friend. :)


By the way, I'm responding to the LA comment. :D It really isn't THAT bad here in Los Angeles - driving to and from WORK is what's bad. And there are large pockets of social activity here like Hollywood, Santa Monica, Pasadena, Huntington Beach, Long Beach, etc., so it isn't that bad.



I have a little question about SE England though, and especially London. It seemed that with the *ultra* hectic lifestyle there and all those young men and women, London was a meat-market. How do people have meaningful relationships when there is just SO much going on?
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

ryanvalmont

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 24, 2004
Messages
117
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by jakethasnake
I think that from the last paragraph, you have a very cool mindset. Keep movin' forward, friend. :)


By the way, I'm responding to the LA comment. :D It really isn't THAT bad here in Los Angeles - driving to and from WORK is what's bad. And there are large pockets of social activity here like Hollywood, Santa Monica, Pasadena, Huntington Beach, Long Beach, etc., so it isn't that bad.



I have a little question about SE England though, and especially London. It seemed that with the *ultra* hectic lifestyle there and all those young men and women, London was a meat-market. How do people have meaningful relationships when there is just SO much going on?
Not that i live in London as i live in Plymouth...but i think alot of Londoners unwind at the weekend and make time/effort to meet etc...

But i think there's always time for love/picking up women no matter how busy life becomes as it does in London.

I also find the traffic VERY VERY bad in Plymouth,waiting on the damm bus for 15mins and not moving atall for 10mins is very frustrating!.

But come the weekend ( Friday night aswell )....I club like a junkie on crack ahhaha

My goal in life and one that makes me feel good about myself is the "Chase"...you have a goal then it gives you something to concentrate on and not become lost in other meaningless crap of society.
 

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
I think the problem in a lot of English cities is that people do live hectic lifestyles and rush around running their list of chores and appointments through their head. That in itself makes cold approaches very difficult because people don't like to be held up and are rarely conducive to friendly conversation.

So they wait for the weekend and hit the clubs where they do their socialising and pick ups. Getting one night stands in a club is as easy as clicking your fingers, but finding a quality woman this way is rare in my experience.
 

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 17, 2004
Messages
944
Reaction score
1
Age
41
agreed with the quality,

Way i look at it is.
They look great as their finishing school at age 16 then in that summer holiday before they start college they do no finess (PE physical education), they sit on their asses, eat and drink booze, They don't seem bothered about looking their best cause hardly anyone is slim tonned. the girl who is slim tonned gets a mountain of jelousy and is critisised for looking that way! It's like their proud to be fat! When a guy gets with an hb8 + he'll cling onto her for years!

So your in a club and see a few stunners but their ***** sheilds are so high because they know they can be picky. Plus the odds are these stunners have no personality to boot. Thats why my standards are at a hb7 and even a hb7 is hard to find! My female friend is like a av6 max and she works behind a bar and gets hit on all night because even she stands out!

bottom line it's all a numbers game, just we have to go through more numbers.
 

Solomon79

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 12, 2003
Messages
113
Reaction score
0
Location
nr London, UK
No offence intended Jake, I was really referring to the 'stereotype' of LA being really bad for traffic everywhere. I realise that the likes of Huntingdon Beach is FAR superior to anything I have around me here in the UK. I'm near London, in the suburbs, and I don't understand how people get it together at all from cold approaches.

I think people just do it by throwing caution to the wind and widening their social net (no stings attached friendship) as far as they can, and then eventually being introduced to somebody through their friendship group who they end up getting together with.

That's why I try to maintain a sense of forbearance. I'm not that religious, but I think forbearance is the right word. You just never know when you are going to meet a girl. So you have to be prepared all the time, yet still accept that it might be ages (or tomorrow) that it happens. That's why I think it's always a good idea to have long-term goals to focus on, as a sort of anchor, or character builder, something you can exercise an element of control over. I know I won't be getting that from an English girl, or any girl, but I'm happy with the realisation. I feel a lot stronger from accepting it, and a lot more calm and fearless in everyday life, which is key to being a good DJ.

Also I have experience of working in law and order, and in the community, and coming into contact with criminals, alcoholics, drug addicts etc. teaches you to come out of your shell, it reminds you that you have got off to a relatively much better start in life than others, and that any form of shyness has to be cast off because there is no reason for it to be there, it is a kind of selfishness in a sense. There are people who lives are extremely limited, and working in this field makes you feel very lucky about life and helps to keep things in perspective.
 

zentraveller

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
141
Reaction score
1
I was once told that in London (and England in general), EVERYONE goes out on the weekends.

Fat girls, ugly girls, short girls, ugly guys...it just didn't matter. EVERYONE went out.

In that kind of environment, it seems like there must be a flurry of hook-ups no?

I contrast this with the states where there is a sizeable # of women (some very attractive) who just don't do clubs.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
1,576
Reaction score
3
Location
south west, uk
I'm actually more amazed by what we have in common with the Yanks than the differences. Certainly we are more alike than any Europeans.

I sometimes wonder how the hell other countries get by in a world dominated by american influence. Even the net, suppose they just all learn English or do without.

I used to go into London when I lived near the Paddington line. It can be acceptionally clique and unless you are 'in' with a certain crowd you feel like a bum on the street.

Having said that the nightlife is fantastic, helps if you have plenty of cash.

I think if you're foriegn, it's different, you have the exotic/rarity factor.

Maybe we should organise an exchange trip! ;)
 
Top