The UK Thread

In Sync

Don Juan
Reaction score
Come on guys..I see a lot of comments in random places about people from Glasgow, Wales, Hertfordshire, Manchester who seem to think something is not quite suited to the UK dating scene in the DJ Bible.

Let's discuss what it is.

As far as I can see, the main way people get relationships here is by going to a club, getting drunk, then pulling. Once this has happened a couple of times, girl starts to drift towards guy.

I don't see many people getting together soberly anyway..

And approaches are NEVER done on the street, or in cafes..always in a bar or club.

Now, of course, you might try to approach on the street, but you've got to admit the dating game in the UK is a lot different than this site, its forum, and its posters make it.

In my opinion, due to the increased liberalisation of UK girls, they are more willing to go for looks above all. They become more like guys in that sense.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK. I think here in ****ing Finland things are worse, so... :(

Olympian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by In Sync
In my opinion, due to the increased liberalisation of UK girls, they are more willing to go for looks above all. They become more like guys in that sense.
it all depends on you my friend, if u approach/carry yourself like a DJ, u can succeed with a woman of any nationality without super looks.

btw, i do see a few street approaches, but not many.

obviously the dating game is different whereever u go.
but look at it this way, since less guys r willing to approach, u have better chances if u approach correctly.

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I live in the UK and I have to comment on this. People in the UK are definitely more 'closed off' than in some countries, meaning people do not approach strangers as much as in some places. But, this just means it's more of a challenge. The DJ principals still apply....girls in the UK will still go for attitude and personality above looks.
It is true that most guys and girls meet in bars/clubs here, or by being introduced by friends. It is also true that you rarely see guys try to pickup girls in places such as the street, libraries, trains/buses, mcd's etc, BUT this does NOT mean it cannot be done. It just means there is less competition from other guys. In my experience, it's perfectly possible to approach girls in normal everyday places in the UK, you just need a lot of confidence and be willing to take a risk. A lot of girls will be flattered you tried, and the ones that act *****y, well you next those anyway.
Think about it....if you are a DJ living in the UK you can literally take your pick of girls. Less competition is cool, but yes you DO need a lot of balls.

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can land a girl anywhere... I've done shops for example, with the female sales assistants, e.g. Calvin Klein store in Manchester.. not really feelin' the street approach, it's just hard for it to come off naturally, but in shops you can work it...

Girls go for just looks? Nope... notice the amount of average or ugly guys who will land a rather nice girl by the end of the night... it's about the attitude they have, typically the 'scally' is capable of this with their no fear attitude, and actin without even thinkin' of the consequence... you've just got to go to the right clubs, certain clubs have certain categories of people that go there, I can go to some clubs here and be what every girl wants, where as if I went to a couple of the other downmarket joints, the pool of women I have to choose from is much smaller, because their preference is different...

I got with my current girl while sober, as I met her early on, on a night out at a bar, it can be done, just tends to be that a lot of guys have to get drunk before actin, hence your description of how the typical UK relationship starts... girls I've picked up when I'm too drunk just end up being very short term things, or a ONS, bar one occasion that I can remember recently, where we were together on and off for a couple months...

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to Manchester on Friday..
Friday nights are generally poor.. it just seems too old of a crowd, at the venues I usually frequent such as Tiger Tiger or Deansgate Locks, with me being 19 and all... it's all the 40 yr. olds

Saturday is great tho', so if you're around for Saturday night then do make a stop by the Locks area of Manchester, or Norweigan Blue in the Printworks before movin' onto somewhere like Tiger Tiger...

In Sync

Don Juan
Reaction score
No, during the day, shopping. Getting a train 9:30 Saturday morning, so...

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, during the day, shopping. Getting a train 9:30 Saturday morning, so...
Ah...

Be sure to visit King Street then... all the upmarket boutiques and designer shops (the CK shop is there), which results in findin some of the most beautiful shop assistants...

1st Floor in Kendals is brilliant too...

blong1068

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought this was gonna be about the University of Kentucky.

stevey_2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
>OK. I think here in ****ing Finland things are worse, so...

on a recent trip to lanzarote, i pulled a girl from helsinki, she was mint, didn't find it really hard, just wore my england shirt and she was all mine :D

As for pulling in big cities?, i'm from the steel city of Sheffield and have noticed that girls are pretty easy up here, especially for getting off with them, or as you americans say 'hooking up'. Sha**ing them is a problem i think and i have trouble getting them home, maybe it's the nightclub i goto but i do still live with my parents so it is a bit of a downer!!, sha**ing in the toilets on new years eve is the nearest i got to taking a girl home from a nightclub, LOL!

on another note, C'MON U OWLS, tonight's result..

Sheffield Utd (Scum) 0-2 The Wednesday

gungey

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ashley Chuckles
Friday nights are generally poor.. it just seems too old of a crowd, at the venues I usually frequent such as Tiger Tiger or Deansgate Locks, with me being 19 and all... it's all the 40 yr. olds

Saturday is great tho', so if you're around for Saturday night then do make a stop by the Locks area of Manchester, or Norweigan Blue in the Printworks before movin' onto somewhere like Tiger Tiger...
Where would you say the best places are in Manchester? I'm often in Tiger Tiger, which I love - as well as Kro2.

waldo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say that alcohol plays a much bigger part here in the UK than in the US, probably due to the drinking age etc.

But still there are some situations that are the same wherever you are, university/college libraries for example, if you get a girl interested then you can still use all the techniques on this site to 'DJ' her.

It's just the majority of the jerks/AFC's (non-DJ's) use clubs/bars only for their pickups (or 'lucky breaks'), in a library/cafe your not going to have much if any competition.

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would really love to know if there is another Welsh dj here. Wales is a nice country - especially Mumbles in swansea (its luxurious). Granted - lots of older people, but some really hot girls.

I've had most of my success with eye-locking girls walking past me here in Mumbles. They don't let go of sight of you until they can maintain it no longer.

The Sentinel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im from Glasgow and let me assure you that if you are a crappy AFC like me, youve got NO CHANCE.

American DJ's live in a liberal paradise, they claim thay can get a womans' home number just walking along the street.

In Scotland, if you tried that, you most definitely would be accused of rape or child molestation.

Americans, British women are NOTHING like what is discussed on this board.

British culture is very much formal and stiff-assed compared to USA.

I go to nightclubs and everyone stands about looking utterly bored, like in a library.

Simply put, it is too hard to find a girlfriend.

waldo

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Sentinel I think your wrong, maybe UK girls are a little more reserved (?) when it comes to talking to strangers, but if you can safely break the ice then they're no different really to american girls.

I agree with you about approaching on the street, that's very tough and a bit risky, though again it depends on the area and situation.

In pubs and clubs though you won't be accused of anything should you approach a girl, apart from hitting on her of course!, but she would realise that anywhere.

In Sync

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm from Wales as well Sentinel..about 60 or 70 miles directly north from you ;)