The ugly truth. Whats next?

LJBFB

Don Juan
Reaction score
I apologize in advance for my lack of organization. Not sure where to begin, but I really need some outside perspective. I'm a long time lurker arguably in my "prime," but not receiving the level of fulfillment I had imagined. I've had my struggles with anxiety and depression over the years but I made it to the point where I now make well over six figures, and an easy minimum of 8 as far as looks and fitness (very muscular). I've slept with and dated enough women. I should mention I do live with family and dpnt think this hurt me much with getting to where I want. It leaves.many options open for me. So, I have been in a ltr of sorts for a year with someone who has the least amount of red flags I can see possible in this era. Much younger with low partner count. I find that I value the ltr a bit more than she does, but I am at my happiest when spending time together (which is very infrequent) and when not putting out fires related to their fickle inconsistent emotional states.

The major issue is I am not number one ( but likely very close) on the high score list. This is mainly due to timing and not an objective side by side comparison with number one. Yes, I know oneitis is an appropriate assessment here and the answer is a very simple spin plates, expand my social circle and get more hobbies and make the woman my side dish and not the entree in my life. The problem is despite being in my early 30s and looking younger, as I get older the access to women young enough to top the hsl decreases.

I spent all of this time improving myself for what? I do have masculine hobbies but feel I could have more and something is missing to complete the package. Guys, I can't emphasize enough that you can work on yourself forever and be the total package, but social proof trumps all. Of course the other attributes can combine to make decent social proof, but being somewhat of an introvert detracts immensely and can easily ruin the rest. I have always had difficulty making friends, and as a guy in your 30s it seems almost impossible. Most of my friends are scattered due to myself and them relocating over the years. I could visit them solo and this may stir up some healthy jealousy or maybe it creates a competition of sorts where it increases her undesirable behaviors such as girls nights out. Im worried ive put myself aside too much and appear too idle just to maintain mutual respect. Honestly time spent with guy friends isnt as enjoyable anyway as it was in the past, but it is still a health necessity. Im just sick of having to withdraw attention amd balancong (in)security, alternating between game and game light. I want to finally start enjpying life and enjoying the rewards of my sacrifices but unsure how.

The margin for error is so small in this day and you probably need to successfully pairbond before 30 as a guy and idealy with someone under 25 and the other Des criteria. We too have a wall or walls of sorts. True we have more options and a better chance to live an enjoyable life with increasing age, but still guys you must recognize this. I feel I still have time to get what I want here but slowly my window is closing and wish I got to my prime at 27 or 28.

Call my want for companionship beta pvssy sh!t if you like. Not sure if this girl will put in the appropriate effort and waiting for improvement seems increasingly foolish. Sometimes shes all about me, but just as often I feel my value goes unrecognized. Id like to spend more time together but I understand that familiarity will bring its own set of problems. I think the online, social media era is root of the problem and maybe a checkmate for ltr and maybe mgtow or spinning plates are the only answers. I just dont have interest in either. Not sure where to go from here.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

Ok so you have reached that place of "what's the point"?

This begs a couple of questions.

What are your ambitions in life?

Are you drifting in life expecting a relationship to fulfill you? (be brutally honest with yourself)

Why are you settling in your current LTR? In what way exactly are you settling? Thinking you are not on the high score list top platform comes from your insecurity perhaps more so than from her behavior...is that possible?

Do you think she is the best you can do? Why? Maybe she is a worthwhile gal and you are looking for perfection (a trap both men and women fall into) so you are meh and taking things for granted...

But you seem unfocused about life irrespective of girls. You work out for you. You pursue ambitions for you...women should be secondary. If you get your priorities straight lots of this will work itself out.

Finally, where do you meet women typically?

LJBFB

Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:
What are your ambitions in life?
I have reached all of my other goals. I got into and now near the top in a very competitive field. It took over life setting it up and then finishing this path.
Are you drifting in life expecting a relationship to fulfill you? (be brutally honest with yourself)
Possibly. I have no problems admitting I am both very affectionate and can have a very high sex drive. When this is reciprocated I am usually fine.
Why are you settling in your current LTR? In what way exactly are you settling? Thinking you are not on the high score list top platform comes from your insecurity perhaps more so than from her behavior...is that possible?
I dont feel im settling. I think there have been legitimate excuses for why things havent been ideal. But after awhile excuses get tiresome. I think we are at a point now where things can start to improve due to her life circumstances changing. I know because of how fast and hard she fell for that guy and I still dont think weve reached a similar point yet. I have some very red pill friends who agree with my reservations
But you seem unfocused about life irrespective of girls. You work out for you. You pursue ambitions for you...women should be secondary. If you get your priorities straight lots of this will work itself out.
Finally, where do you meet women typically?
I do it all for myself, and have for so long. it used to be a passion but now just more of an obligation. I have relied mostly on OLD.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I know oneitis is an appropriate assessment here and the answer is a very simple spin plates, expand my social circle and get more hobbies and make the woman my side dish and not the entree in my life. .
You've got this wrong.

The stuff I quoted above isn't sound advice because it gets your d*ck wet or fun. It's sound advice because it changes your mindset. My personal opinion is, THAT is what is missing from your situation. That is probably why this girl isn't as into you as you wish she was.

We all want companionship, that's human nature. Some here will deny that, but I truly laugh at their notion. They can convince themselves but they can't convince me. In order to find that though, you MUST change the mindset and command your own frame....THEN, and only then, will a woman want to come along and hang out in it.

LJBFB

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. I just dont have a clue how to implement this.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Read the Book of Pook. That should give you some reasonable insights.

Also, I'd advise finding a new goal to accomplish. I find if life becomes a grind I've allowed some level of complacency or drifting to occur.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Your mental model is so god damn flawed I don't know where to start. Here's some pointers.

1. Stop overanalyzing. The only time you overanalyze things is when you're some senior analyst of a fortune 500 company. They don't analyze women's behavior anyway. Hell, it's not making them any money. Point is, it's not doing you any good.

2. You have this girl on a pedestal, and you care too much about the high score list. You're setting yourself up for failure. Sure, second place is first loser, but women's feelings fluctuate. If you stop worrying, things might blow over and get better. If they get worse, just move on. Negative 1 is less than Zero. Point is, better to be in good mental health than bad.

3. I'm not against you wanting a LTR, I actually respect that. Different women want different things. Some want money, some want social proof, etc. Sounds like oneitis to me. You better get some backup girls in rotation. Anytime you're in a relationship, don't stop talking to women. And never catch feelings for them either.

4. If you're so rich and fit, why is it you're bothered by potentially losing a woman? You can get another one really quick with those stats and not only realize that you past is not that attractive, but also you can do better anyway. If I was rich and got dumped, I'd go play Nintendo for an hour, buy the new hot tech gadget, and take a vacation. Yes, the ex would be deleted from every platform.

5. You can always just focus on getting richer. In theory, but any sane man gets tired of talking to his bank account. Work on your social skills. I know I do, because I spend more time at work than anything.

This case is staying open for more reviews and assistance. Damn, even well-to-do guys have flaws.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem is despite being in my early 30s and looking younger, as I get older the access to women young enough to top the hsl decreases.
Well, here's the bad news... You are correct that your access to qualifying women decreases when you get older. For those who are in the "older" category wishing to settle down, I would suggest looking for a woman overseas. Those women have morals deeply embedded in them, regardless of the man at the top of their HSL.

Now, here's the good news... This doesn't happen until you hit your 40s and possibly your 50s, depending on how well you take care of yourself, your confidence, self-esteem, and your accomplishments. There's older guys on here who can still pull women in their early 20s.

Your 30s are your prime for dating. I never had as much pvssy in my 20s as I did in my 30s. This is the time when you should be getting out there and finding a better woman than the one you're with.

The margin for error is so small in this day and you probably need to successfully pairbond before 30
Again, this is incorrect. I would say that the ideal time to pair bond is in your mid-to-late 30s, possibly even early 40s. I wish I hadn't wasted my time being in useless relationships in my 20s. I could have used that time for something better.

And if you want something to go on.... I'm 39. My GF is 23. She has been obsessed with me since she was 20 (so I was 36 when I met her). I didn't start dating her until about a year ago. You need to get out and meet people, date women, and filter like crazy to find one that's going to make you her whole world.

I spent all of this time improving myself for what?
I have never asked myself this question. I improve myself to make my life better. Attracting women is a side effect that I have no problem taking advantage of. Your focus shouldn't be primarily on the side effect, but you should be aware of it.

I have always had difficulty making friends, and as a guy in your 30s it seems almost impossible.
I'll agree that making new friends is a pain in the ass. My problem is that I'm not interested in typical guy things such as sports and drinking beer. Instead, I'll go to outings, meet the regulars, and make temporary friends. I'll see them whenever I go out and become involved in social circles. The social circles will disband over time, and then you have to make new ones. It's a bit of a pain in the ass, but it's better than having no friends at all.

Make it a goal to interact with strangers and meet new people. You cannot make friends if you don't talk to strangers.

LJBFB

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im not rich by any means... very comfortable if anything with six figures of student debt which my next goal is to eliminate that in 5 years or so. Besides that though maybe Ill learn about investing but any moderate financial improvement wont mean much to my quality of life. I have only recently gotten to this level though. Yeah I could get other women but im not into the process and headaches. It feels so scripted after a while. Id rather just get to a steady stable point.

jimjam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude....

You are waaaaayyyyy overthinking this. Way overthinking. That'll ruin you every time.

I've been realising that any question you may have wth a woman can be answered wirh who cares. Who cares? Meaning, any woman that"s interested in you will go out of her way to make it known to you. Also, she wil conduct herself in a manner that will not cause you any doubt of her intentions.

In other words, she will make things easier for you to be affectionate towards her.

Dude, if you're 30, in shape and have some money.....you've got it made. Don"t worry. Talk to her if you need to. If she leaves, so what? Get another. Man, you wanna trade places? I'm 45, broke, have MS. My life is the best its ever been.

DON'T THINK
DONT WORRY

Youve2 got it made