Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Types of Male Friends your girl has

Reaction score
To Qualify, these guys must be in contact with a girl outside working hours. No texting buddies, no guys work buddies, nada. A lot of guys think they are in the friend zone because she keeps flaking or won't meet up when in actually you are in the "I don't want to bluntly tell you to fvck off" zone!

5). The Old Friend- This is the superstar friend in the NFL, the Giga-Chad/Tyrone in her social circle. Now, why is this guy the least threatening? LOL! It is because this guy and your girl have already fvcked each other's brains out to kingdom come. Trust me, he has had enough of tearing out your girl's insides and moved on to different pastures.

4). The Reserves-
This guy might have fvcked your girl or even dated her, but it was short-lived. He just didn't pass the final rounds of the selection test, so he settled for the friendzone. This guy will continue to date other girls, but he will always be single because there is something about him that repels girls from dating him. Your girl might saber rattle this guy in your face when she is mad at you, but she won't do shvt trust me. This guy only gets sex after nasty breakups or during famine times.

3). The Ex- Now we are entering dangerous territory lol. Remember, an Ex is an Ex for a reason, but they still share history. The best-case scenario is that if she dumped him! If so then she most likely will never contact this guy again unless she's in a dire Siege of Berlin situation. Now if he was the one that dumped her then you are screwed lol. However, if so the relationship was not probably going to last anyway lol.

2). The Beta Male Orbiter- This guy is usually dismissed as the least threatening, but they can be the most dangerous by far. This guy is playing the LONG game and has zero plans of quitting the race. This guy will literally throw away his family, career, and life to have a chance to be with your woman. They will constantly feed your girl negative bs about you, and constantly try and make a move even if they are in a relationship/married. The good news is that these guys can be destroyed fairly early on by you growing a pair of nuts and asserting your position in the relationship. DO NOT play cool man hold masculine frame game with these guys because this guy will destroy your relationship later down the road by the death of a thousand cuts and attrition. This guy will be your kid's stepdaddy later down the road and be perfectly happy with it because he got his dream prize...Your girl!. The Beta Male Orbiter is the tough soldier that will grind his way through anything to take home his prize.

1). The Toxic Gay Best Friend - Yes! the innocent gay best friend is the most dangerous male friend. This guy will **** block you, influence her to make bad decisions, will talk about you behind your back, compete with you for her time, and just always be a toxic shackle to her and your relationship. The cherry on top, they most likely have had sex with each other before lol. Unlike the beta male orbiters, you cannot just get rid of this guy because he isn't a threat up front. The only way for you to beat this guy is it properly influence your girl to grow up and cut this guy off herself. If you try and cancel this guy yourself, you will look bad and he will capitalize on it lol. Think of this guy as the evil Architect or Lord Baelish in your relationship.

Bonus). The New Guy. - This is the guy at-bat to be your replacement lol. Your girl will just tell you that he's just a friend, but we all know that isn't true. At this point, trust your gut and dump this girl because there's no point in continuing the relationship. Unfortatenely, a lot of guys are idiots lol.

Now, this is why male friends are a huge red flag because none of these guys are innocent and have the potential to destroy your relationship. There's a reason your girl will always be threatened by your good female friends. It is not because she's jealous and controlling, it is because she knows the game herself.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best thing I've done in the mating environment over the years is keep few female friends and zero that I've been physically attracted to. That one female friend I mentioned in another thread (see below) is not physically attractive and doesn't live in the same area that I do.

I fit into none of the categories with her, though that friendship is likely over due to what she did.

Agree that The New Guy is the most dangerous. The Beta Male Oribiter is the most common variant of male friend that a boyfriend will have to deal with.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best thing I've done in the mating environment over the years is keep few female friends and zero that I've been physically attracted to. That one female friend I mentioned in another thread (see below) is not physically attractive and doesn't live in the same area that I do.

I fit into none of the categories with her, though that friendship is likely over due to what she did.

Agree that The New Guy is the most dangerous. The Beta Male Oribiter is the most common variant of male friend that a boyfriend will have to deal with.
Based upon my observations, I feel that men and women have a completely different outlook on social interactions like this and it quite easily creates a lot of issues. I believe that most women have a mindset that they can simply be friends with straight men. However, with men if they have ANY degree of physical attraction towards women that they are "friends" with they will never really see it as just that. These men will have even the slightest chance of possibly sleeping with her and that is very often the reason they still are in her life. These men literally "orbit" around her because there may be an opportunity, such as her breaking up with her bf or other such nonsense.

If a woman is not interested or has rejected you, don't bother trying to spend time with her or engage with her on more personal level. Don't be "friends" with women that you are interested in, simple advice for men out there.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bonus). The New Guy. - This is the guy at-bat to be your replacement lol. Your girl will just tell you that he's just a friend, but we all know that isn't true. At this point, trust your gut and dump this girl because there's no point in continuing the relationship. Unfortatenely, a lot of guys are idiots lol.
"the new guy" obviously being the worst, especially if they don't even tell you it's a guy. Do women actually tell people they're seeing a guy and he's "just a friend" ? I would assume they'd just say they're spending time with their girlfriend...

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a woman is not interested or has rejected you, don't bother trying to spend time with her or engage with her on more personal level. Don't be "friends" with women that you are interested in, simple advice for men out there.
Always reject a "Let's Just Be Friends" offer you get from a woman that you approached/swiped on in order to get laid. I have rejected the few offers over the years that I've gotten like that.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes, they do tell you about a guy they are cheating or potentially planning to cheat with. A few reasons for that.
Interesting. I've never dated a girl who admitted to hanging out with a guy friend, though maybe it's because I avoid women with lots of guy friends.

I always assumed they would lie and claim it was a girl. Would be curious to hear why you think this.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
"the new guy" obviously being the worst, especially if they don't even tell you it's a guy. Do women actually tell people they're seeing a guy and he's "just a friend" ? I would assume they'd just say they're spending time with their girlfriend...
My experience says that if she says “my friend” without qualifying gender 9 times of 10 it’s a male. Whereas if it’s a girlfriend she will say her name or “my gf” so and so.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
The ideal scenario would be to find a girl with zero friends, maybe a socially awkward girl from an anime convention

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My experience says that if she says “my friend” without qualifying gender 9 times of 10 it’s a male. Whereas if it’s a girlfriend she will say her name or “my gf” so and so.
I think it's usually more subtle than that. I don't often meet women who call their female friends "girlfriends".

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The ideal scenario would be to find a girl with zero friends, maybe a socially awkward girl from an anime convention
That's not very realistic. Another thread recently mentioned that women are getting more autistic. I'm seeing more social ineptitude amongst the women who are the long term girlfriends and wives of my friends (mainly late 1980s/early 1990s births). Even these women are more socially skilled than many men.

Women are going to have female friends if they are reasonably attractive. Best case scenario is no male friends.